Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

It's been only ALMOST two years.

The "templates" are still eating revenant loadouts.
They're still reverting the revenant utility skills to default positions.
They're still making sure people aren't too much invested into the game by allowing them to enjoy it to its fullest.
And there's still a triple price tag attached to it.

And this entire thread has been hidden 'till now so people can't see how much feedback had been given and ignored by ANet.

Feast Your eyes on how much this company cares for people.
Or for the world they've created, looking at the Icebrood Saga, for that matter.

Caveat emptor.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Came back around when one of the versions of templates was sort of available (6 months to a year ago?). Was broken, didn't want to deal with it, so left. Have a set of legendary raid gear, some pieces of legendary pvp gear, & Aurora

Came back a month or so ago, tried it out a bit, still unintuitive and not very flexible. Also a price tag. Am a bit confused.

As a result, still not playing for a while

Edited by Lunarlife.5128
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Wow, this may be the longest thread since the mount and tengu mega threads...and nothing has changed with the feedback given >.>

Well, it's probably still not as big as the original ascended release backlash thread (and that one was forcefully ended when they locked it out with the message saying they already have all the feedback they need)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, it's probably still not as big as the original ascended release backlash thread (and that one was forcefully ended when they locked it out with the message saying they already have all the feedback they need)

I honestly wasnt on the forums back when Ascended gear got added, came here shortly after HOT got released cause of the player bleed my guild was having >.>

But that is..wow. To say the least.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 8:11 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

To be fair, when this thread was still pinned and at the height of visibility about the uproar, it frequently shrunk back by almost 50% of replies multiple times with massive deletion waves, before eventually being unpinned and buried. 

But I guess the only thing we can hope for at this point is them at least increasing the maximum amount of overpriced, character bound and functionality lacking Loadout slots we may buy with EoD to actually house builds for those Specs, as 6 for many are already far too limiting currently - and just accept that this will always stay a mark of shame for Anet and the franchise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

But I guess the only thing we can hope for at this point is them at least increasing the maximum amount of overpriced, character bound and functionality lacking Loadout slots we may buy with EoD to actually house builds for those Specs, as 6 for many are already far too limiting currently - and just accept that this will always stay a mark of shame for Anet and the franchise.

Well, yeah, it's not likely they will make any changes for the better with the system (or, at least, that they might do some anytime soon), but we should keep reminding them that it is " a mark of shame for Anet and the franchise". So they won't ever be inclined to pull off something like this again. And, besides, who knows, they still might surprise us and show they do care and fix at least some of the issues with the system somewhere in the future (even if it doesn't seem vely likely at the moment).

• Like 6

For many of us playing the legendary armory made swapping equipment more of a pain rather than solving any issues. Now when we swap weapons the stats need reselected, sigils get thrown into your inventory god knows where, and infusions are removed. There needs to be a system in place to remember the last configured setup of a weapon that was equipped so that when it is re-equipped the setup can be reapplied automatically assuming the items are present in inventory. You made legendary weapons worse for those who use them, in fact you straight up ruined them for some players. We are all aware of your attempt to sell us equipment templates, however 7 templates still would not be enough for a game designed around swapping weapons.

Also, many of our builds are specific to an equipment setup. Having the ability to link a build and equipment template together for easier switching would be a much needed qol feature. Right now for some reason 'dyes' and 'equipment' are on the same level of the character interface. You never know which menu of you were last on when trying to switch builds on the fly. I think it isn't a big ask to be able to switch both at once.

tldr;

1. Switching gear in the armory needs to be fixed and streamlined to be able to switch weapons without losing stats/sigils/infusions.

2. Equipment and build templates need to be able to be linked for easy swapping.

• Like 10

Agree with both of these. Legendary sigils are still a total annoyance to me which I hoped would be fixed with the armoury. 

They also need to add a visual toggle for the legendary accessories. Yes I know its complicated and difficult to do and will take alot of time to fix the spaghetti code, but for a game based around cosmetic customization, having a forced ugly ball above every character needs fixing imo.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Still waiting for even one positive change to templates. Feel free to pick one from the 56 pages.

• Fixed an issue in which loadouts were being mistakenly marketed as 'templates' in the gem store
  • Fixed a server crash

In all seriousness though, I do wish they'd look at the whole system again and either try to improve it or remove and re-implement it in a better way. With the money involved in the things already sold to people and with resources so thin within the company, I understand that any solution pursued would cost time and effort they may not currently have, but this seems like a big enough issue to enough people to be worth pursuing at some point as they move forward.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:
  • Fixed an issue in which loadouts were being mistakenly marketed as 'templates' in the gem store
  • Fixed a server crash

In all seriousness though, I do wish they'd look at the whole system again and either try to improve it or remove and re-implement it in a better way. With the money involved in the things already sold to people and with resources so thin within the company, I understand that any solution pursued would cost time and effort they may not currently have, but this seems like a big enough issue to enough people to be worth pursuing at some point as they move forward.

No, apparently it's not a big enough issue to Anet.  If it were, then they would have done something about it well before now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No, apparently it's not a big enough issue to Anet.  If it were, then they would have done something about it well before now.

Indeed. If they actually cared about giving us a well-working system, we would not have gotten this one. Nor would they have insistent on killing arc templates even after it was clearly seen how the current system is vastly inferior to it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed. If they actually cared about giving us a well-working system, we would not have gotten this one. Nor would they have insistent on killing arc templates even after it was clearly seen how the current system is vastly inferior to it.

That's a subjective point of view.  The system works well ... enough.  Comparing the functionality to Arc isn't a fair comparison. The desired end product is different in either case.  Anet didn't appear to want to duplicate Arc's functionality (maybe doing so would have resulted in some legal action?); rather, they seemed to want a system that works pretty much as what was implemented.

The current template system is working as intended.  Whether it is vastly inferior to Arc is another matter, which Anet seems to disagree.

EDIT: In my opinion, it was foolish of Anet to allow Arc in the first place.

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Comparing the functionality to Arc isn't a fair comparison.

This is some truly staggering garbage rhetoric.

Comparing the functionality of two build template systems for the same game is actually a very fair comparison. In fact comparing the functionality of a system created for free by a single unpaid hobbyist, and the system delivered by a team of paid for programmers is unfair only to the former and not the latter.
The build template system as implemented, while polished and feature rich, did a number of people in this community dirty.  It's purposely introduced yet another low-threshold system who's solution was found in the cash shop, and was designed to punish people who engaged with it financially... the most dedicated and ardent fans of this game.

For you to come on this thread and attempt to sell some rhetoric that "the system is fine because they aren't changing it" to shout down the feedback from the players negatively impacted is the height of your bad-faith arguments on this forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The current template system is working as intended.  Whether it is vastly inferior to Arc is another matter, which Anet seems to disagree.

It looks like they agree, otherwise they wouldn't care about Arc. 

I don't usually repeat myself in threads but this is one topic I always like to bump because it was the feature I was looking for the most and they delivered this inferior product (inferior to what they already had in gw1) that is clearly designed for squeezing the most money out of players.

Edited by Cuks.8241
typos
  • Like 2

I know I harp on about Destiny 2 quite a lot, but there's a great feature of the game where you can manage a character's loadout outside of the game (via 3rd party mobile app or websites even), and easily transfer items between characters, like the legendary armory but on steroids and usable for all grades of equipment. And it costs nothing.

You can even manage your inventory during loading screens, which is really cool.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Clarification