Soulbeast hamstrung

Chomsky.4971

How do you call it balance when we now cannot swap pets to go from attack to heal whilst in battle. Have you limited all the other classes like this? We have so little heal anyway unless playing specifically as a healer, now you've taken some of that away. Pets are part of our skill set. Did you take some bits of skill set away from others to make it fair? Why take a huge chunk of what we can do away from us and call it balance. Additionally, now half the time the pets aren't even available. It's just beyond a joke.

@Chomsky.4971 said:How do you call it balance when we now cannot swap pets to go from attack to heal whilst in battle. Have you limited all the other classes like this? We have so little heal anyway unless playing specifically as a healer, now you've taken some of that away. Pets are part of our skill set. Did you take some bits of skill set away from others to make it fair? Why take a huge chunk of what we can do away from us and call it balance. Additionally, now half the time the pets aren't even available. It's just beyond a joke.

whats the problem?dont u have a heal on ur bar? just like all other classes? :D my teef doesnt have a pet for more attack power and another 1 for extra heal ;).get over it make a choice, here a hint ur better off with ur eagle or w/e u use as ur dmg as more then enough but u keep ur extra mobility.

Bring a pig and farm for plasma out of combat, I guess. I haven't been able to boot up the game to see how the patch is performing yet.While everyone was nerfed, rangers saw some of the most nerfs and didn't see many neat things in return -- and I'm not talking about Soulbeast. If people are going to post these threads, I wish they'd spend more time complaining about the irrelevancy of druid and core.

~ Kovu

edit- Actually now that soulbeasts have their pet traits proc on merge and release I might actually run some of those. Pet swapping traits got super clunky to utilize well with soulbeast.

The problem, for those of you who only criticize for the sake of it is this: We can no longer respond to changes as the battle progresses but are locked in at the start of the combat. So if you have a dps pet when you need a heal or condi remove pet you're stuck. NO chance to alter your attack or defense as the type of opponent you face changes. Anyone who's been in wvw knows it changes second to second. You can't possibly predict what you'll need for an entire assault on SM for example. And of course we have a heal on our bar, like all classes but No class has just the one heal. You have options. One very important heal option has been removed. This patch actually took away a part of our skill set unlike other classes. It's made the pet swap function useless, which is the core of soulbeast. When you don't understand how to play one you probably shouldn't comment. To help you understand further, it would be like making an Ele decide pre-battle what element they will use and be stuck in that for the entire fight. No chance to change with the ebb and flow and changes you face whilst in combat. It's a stupidly limiting and not at all a balance. When you understand the mechanics, you'll understand that it's more than just some complaint. It's a real problem for anyone who wants to play soulbeast.

@Mr Kelevra.2568 said:The problem, for those of you who only criticize for the sake of it is this: We can no longer respond to changes as the battle progresses but are locked in at the start of the combat. So if you have a dps pet when you need a heal or condi remove pet you're stuck. NO chance to alter your attack or defense as the type of opponent you face changes. Anyone who's been in wvw knows it changes second to second. You can't possibly predict what you'll need for an entire assault on SM for example. And of course we have a heal on our bar, like all classes but No class has just the one heal. You have options. One very important heal option has been removed. This patch actually took away a part of our skill set unlike other classes. It's made the pet swap function useless, which is the core of soulbeast. When you don't understand how to play one you probably shouldn't comment. To help you understand further, it would be like making an Ele decide pre-battle what element they will use and be stuck in that for the entire fight. No chance to change with the ebb and flow and changes you face whilst in combat. It's a stupidly limiting and not at all a balance. When you understand the mechanics, you'll understand that it's more than just some complaint. It's a real problem for anyone who wants to play soulbeast.

i have no problem playin my soulbeast build, none... altho i guess it changes the benny hill escapes to nigh on impossible since id swap into bird for retreats, no longer can i run like forrest away from a fight, il have to rely on one pet for combat and disengage (like when your fighting and a group of 5+ enemy veer toward you)

however we still have stealth/sword leap and evades etc, so ye it wont be as easy to escape an oncoming zerg or group... gamebreaker? not really.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:
TMzNUTG.png
Feelsgood.jpeg

Exactly my reaction after reading these popping topics on forum. XDThat was fully expected that these people would start complaining after their classes finally got proper treatment after living in fairy book of powercreep.Sadly, I don't have any popcorn, can someone share?

?

Does this help?

@Mr Kelevra.2568 said:The problem, for those of you who only criticize for the sake of it is this: We can no longer respond to changes as the battle progresses but are locked in at the start of the combat. So if you have a dps pet when you need a heal or condi remove pet you're stuck. NO chance to alter your attack or defense as the type of opponent you face changes. Anyone who's been in wvw knows it changes second to second. You can't possibly predict what you'll need for an entire assault on SM for example. And of course we have a heal on our bar, like all classes but No class has just the one heal. You have options. One very important heal option has been removed. This patch actually took away a part of our skill set unlike other classes. It's made the pet swap function useless, which is the core of soulbeast. When you don't understand how to play one you probably shouldn't comment. To help you understand further, it would be like making an Ele decide pre-battle what element they will use and be stuck in that for the entire fight. No chance to change with the ebb and flow and changes you face whilst in combat. It's a stupidly limiting and not at all a balance. When you understand the mechanics, you'll understand that it's more than just some complaint. It's a real problem for anyone who wants to play soulbeast.

So.. for now: adapt. Bring more armor, more healing power. Look for traits that assist you on both sides.

I know that isn’t ideal, but Soulbeast isn’t alone in what has been done.

Adapting to changes is what makes us better.

Its even worse for SB. If you are on your mount and get attacked, your pet is perma-stowed so you are denied your pet AND the ability to merge. Definitely a bug, but knowing Anet it won't get fixed anytime soon. That being said, the ability to pet swap is central to ranger and making that its "trade off" definitely seems a touch much, but we'll have to see how it affects overall game-play once this bug is fixed. While the bug is in the game though, SB is unplayable in WvW.

I don't get the impression you understand the mechanic while trying to inform on the mechanic. Swapping isn't core to soulbeast, merging is, which they retain.

Ele suffers the same limitations based on what weapon they're caught in combat with.

@"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:Its even worse for SB. If you are on your mount and get attacked, your pet is perma-stowed so you are denied your pet AND the ability to merge. Definitely a bug, but knowing Anet it won't get fixed anytime soon. That being said, the ability to pet swap is central to ranger and making that its "trade off" definitely seems a touch much, but we'll have to see how it affects overall game-play once this bug is fixed. While the bug is in the game though, SB is unplayable in WvW.

I simply don’t understand all this soul beast “issues”. These updates have caused zero change to my game play and I still destroy as much if not more than I did before.

Yes I’m baaack. Now that other classes are nerfed nicely my kills are faster than ever. ahhhh

@Chomsky.4971 said:How do you call it balance when we now cannot swap pets to go from attack to heal whilst in battle. Have you limited all the other classes like this? We have so little heal anyway unless playing specifically as a healer, now you've taken some of that away. Pets are part of our skill set. Did you take some bits of skill set away from others to make it fair? Why take a huge chunk of what we can do away from us and call it balance. Additionally, now half the time the pets aren't even available. It's just beyond a joke.

oh boohoo. Other classes can't even swap weapons. And now you have to choose between your overpowered options. Where did I leave my world tiniest fiddle?