What gender do you play the most?

Female. Because as someone years ago on the intarwebs said, "If I'm going to be staring at a character's butt for hours, it might as well be pretty." So I run around with a character who put on a raincoat over Victoria's Secret undies and called it a complete outfit.

I have 8 males and 8 females total characters. But i choose gender that fits the name the best. And then I play the profession which I like to play. Different for some events. For big events or wvw I like healers to play with. I played necro much that’s a female. Then Mesmer also female. Druid between other chars sometimes that’s a male. En now I am playing guardian and that’s a male.

Have very few characters, mostly that engineer. The fact it's a charr diminishes the point of gender beyond having either a cute or rugged face.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Unless anyone can give me a legit reason as to why I should enjoy looking at a mans backside for thousands upon thousands of hours, I'll keep having female characters.

If the jetpack covers most of it? :p

@MrForz.1953 said:Have very few characters, mostly that engineer. The fact it's a charr diminishes the point of gender beyond having either a cute or rugged face.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Unless anyone can give me a legit reason as to why I should enjoy looking at a mans backside for thousands upon thousands of hours, I'll keep having female characters.

If the jetpack covers most of it? :pThe jetpack just accentuate the lower part. Thats not better.

I play based on my characters I've created over a decade now (a story I have for them) , so they're them in GW2 so-to-speak. I main a male and then my second character I made is female.

I'm relatively new to this game so I have 5 slots; 2 guys and 3 girls planned so far! I love both aesthetically although I do wish the guys had better standard hair options; I'll just have to change it some time down the line or hope I get that item in the black market chests xD

I don't have a problem with the way women are clothed in this game, breath of fresh air not being restricted although I will never say no to varied designs ^^

Most of the time I'm looking at the world around me rather than my character, so I'm kind of indifferent in most cases. However, it is kind of odd to talk with a person in voice chat when they are a male with a female avatar. It's like when you see a big masculine norn or whatever and then you find out they're a squeaky kid going through puberty or something. Just kind of odd to match the two together in the mind. I try to stick with male characters. Some games really don't invest into male character customization, though.

@"Funky.4861" said:It's unfortunate that the the females in this game suffer from the pedestal treatment. Few players would select an ugly female, the fat option is generally immersion-breaking (our characters run, jump and swim all day long) so the females are left with the 'I'm pretty, don't touch my face' option. Apart from sylvari and asura; they get the short end of the stick on all regards. Sure, you can make a cute asura, but they still look like vermin. The other issue is that male beauty is harder to sell, especially to a somewhat prudish NA market, so they fallback on the 'tough' trope for the males. Has to be said though, i did spend some time to make my human males attractive.

Classic case of TV Trope: men are strong, women are pretty.Male Norns are ugly no matter what option you pick. Female Norns look more like real women than female Humans.Male Charrs have a neck so big, airplanes could land there.

Although I have one character for each race and gender, I play mostly on female characters. I love female Sylvari, Asura, Human, even though I don't play Asuras too much. Female Norn's not too bad but at times a bit too unspecacular. I l quite enjoy male Charr and also the tone of male Sylvarie (though he "lacked" in angry emotion when I had played a few races back to back in the Protect the Egg mission).

@Quench.7091 said:It's like when you see a big masculine norn or whatever and then you find out they're a squeaky kid going through puberty or something.

That's what I picture anyway when a large-framed male character is running around. Just a kid living out a power fantasy. Probably something to do with all the male characters in GW1 running around in capes and boxer shorts to make the comparison more accurate and a lot funnier.

There was a similar thread just recently, and dozens before... Anyway.

As a woman, I play primarily male characters, because I neither like the majority of armor designs for women in this game (either too scantily clad or overdressed in a "Look at my high heels and kitschy gown, I'm a princess!" fashion - in either case, distasteful for most part or otherwise ridiculous looking on a serious adventurer).

I'm also not a fan of many of the female human, norn and sylvari animations and postures. And the fact that 99.99% of the weapons are oversized on female chars isn't helping the issue, either.

It depends for me. I like male asura because of the hairstyles/voice, while I like female sylvari for how clothes fit on them. I've never really had a set mindset of male/female unless it's like a game where there's romance options (My Time at Portia as example), then I usually choose female.

@"Daria Morgendorffer.7049" said:I try to play both evenly to keep it interesting, so each character looks & sounds more unique.

But I find it hard to play female characters, because of the pretty sexist way women are treated in GW2 (especially humans/norn). The same armor/outfit on a male vs female character is so different — a fully clothed armor on a male character is a revealing battle bikini on a female character.

This is the SAME armor skin:Sneakthief_armor_human_male_front.jpgSneakthief_armor_human_female_front.jpgI'd give a dozen more examples, but we've all seen it.

I've never made a human female character because all the faces look identical, like Snapchat Filter Model Barbie. There are no old women in Tyria? No women who don't wear heavy makeup? Everyone has to only look one way? Only "pretty" like a doll?640px-Human_female_faces.jpg

I know some people like these designs (they do look good individually if you're into that), and that's fine, there's just a lack of options. I don't mean to insult anyone's beloved characters. You do you — I even have a female Norn, myself.

I agree that there should be more outfits for female that aren't so revealing, however, I don't believe its sexist, but that people like skimpy outfits, including girls. I think its more of a demand sorta thing.