How can we deal with harasser guilds?

4 hours ago, Skada.1362 said:

Probably because they got sick of you qq rage whispering them for 10 minutes 😂. Hope you're doing better !

I probably just did give them build tips and stuff because they are low rank players and i am veteran. Newbies always get mad when veteran players give them tips. They have such a huge ego that they think that they know better.  😁  

Edited by Junkpile.7439

u simply need to learn to avoid these people. SA aren't half as good as they think they are, but good gankers. these sort of people will just run from any serious fight eitherway. sometimes people bring a zerg to hunt them down, but that's also kinda waste of time bc they can just stealth up and sit it out or port away.

awareness of your area helps to avoid gankergroups often. also does having enough stunbreaks and a spvp and/or high mobility build if u don't stick to a zerg.

some very commonly played smallscale builds and classes work just too well in Wvw, for quick ganks all along the way, therefore they are overrepresented.

as long it exists, gotta adapt and dodge them simply. worst hit u can give them is to leave them dry 😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Guess it hit too close to home huh.

? I don't camp spawns, I solo roam for the most part. I don't see any point in complaining about something like this though. You can literally exit your spawn 3 different ways, or just switch maps. Or you and players in your server can rally together in spawn and L2P. (You is the general you, not you personally, btw).

• Like 1

9 times out of 10 this is what happens,  

Player gets ganked.
Goes back and tries to defend their honor. Dies again.
Repeat ad nauseum until the 'ol "all they can do is gank" is said.

Unless you're actually being followed around the map, meaning a player(s) are going far and long out of their way to kill you, then it isn't harassment. It's PvP.

Also, "fair play" and honor are really poor excuses. You can't expect anyone to adhere to your personal rules and values, and ganking doesn't become harassment just because it suits your narrative.

I'm not saying harassment doesn't happen, I just have a hard time believing this is one of those cases.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

? I don't camp spawns, I solo roam for the most part. I don't see any point in complaining about something like this though. You can literally exit your spawn 3 different ways, or just switch maps. Or you and players in your server can rally together in spawn and L2P. (You is the general you, not you personally, btw).

Well just like people got 3 ways out of spawn you can literally ignore this thread thats more entertainment than ganking someone, but no, you wanted it deleted. That made me laugh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

This thread might be deleted due to naming stuff, but anyway: the mentioned guild is doing this since the game exists and the only frustrating thing are players feeding them for a whole evening. Don't be one of these players! It's easy to avoid them. They are camping the same spots each day. Yes they suck individually, but feeding them like an idiot isn't much smarter.

Thought out loud, see spoiler (there is nothing more to add to this afterwards):

Spoiler

Funny, I had to smile. Isn't this guy who wrote this post (you mr KrH) also one or the one (necro player) who waits for opponents in the captured enemy camp (even if the supervisor still has CD), but then logs out as quickly as possible because he thought he was safe not to die (against one foe)? And repeats this regularly, i.e. logging out. 😂 😊 

1 hour ago, Shroud.2307 said:

9 times out of 10 this is what happens,  

Player gets ganked.
Goes back and tries to defend their honor. Dies again.
Repeat ad nauseum until the 'ol "all they can do is gank" is said.

Unless you're actually being followed around the map, meaning a player(s) are going far and long out of their way to kill you, then it isn't harassment. It's PvP.

Also, "fair play" and honor are really poor excuses. You can't expect anyone to adhere to your personal rules and values, and ganking doesn't become harassment just because it suits your narrative.

I'm not saying harassment doesn't happen, I just have a hard time believing this is one of those cases.

In the middle age, bandits hide in the woods, awaiting for the carriage of a nobleman to assault him, stole everything, kidnap or even kill him, how do you call this behaviour? Harassment, assault? Well. Thats exactly what these guilds are doing.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

In the middle age, bandits hide in the woods, awaiting for the carriage of a nobleman to assault him, stole everything, kidnap or even kill him, how do you call this behaviour? Harassment, assault? Well. Thats exactly what these guilds are doing.

Dude, this is a video game. 

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

I understand it's frustrating to get ganked, especially repeatedly. If they're mocking you by corpse jumping or siege burying you, even worse.

But again, it isn't harassment and it isn't breaking rules.

A more appropriate comparison would be-
A soldier entering a battlefield and getting killed in action.

Why? Because when you enter WvW, just like when you're a part of a war, you are knowingly exposing yourself to those dangers. You can't be like "whoa, dude. I wasn't ready. Put your gun down and let's square up first!" 

There have been times I've run in to the same player(s) and been killed by them repeatedly, and I've never once thought it was harassment. Because I know that if it's really bothering me, I can; sign off, go elsewhere, or try to get help. Sitting at a spawn and ganking people doesn't mean they're doing it to any one in particular, it just means who ever happens to cross their paths. And all that is is combat - PvP, an aspect of WvW.

I can't really explain it any more clearly. If you have actual proof of someone stalking you map to map and going out of their way to grief you, then yes, report it to ANet. But I really doubt that's happening unless you've done something to instigate it.

• Like 5

You create a guild, gather ppl that enjoys annoying ppl (no matter if theyre good or sh*t), and then see thread like this one. You dont need master degree in psychology to know that you entertain this kind of ppl by doing so, lol. Just quick few tips, if youre so soft then stop playing gamemode with allowed PvP (afterall PvE is the main and only updated mode in this game), and if you dont want to, then l2p better so you can sh*t on trashtalker or find some friends/stick to the zerg so you wont get killed. Thats all, on the other side you can keep crying and providing moving circus - kinda masochistic if u ask me, but some ppl actually likes it.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

I think it's time for you to stop roleplaying in WvW and go play Kingdom Come: Deliverance instead.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Blocking the guy so you always know where they are and can follow them to kill them? Yes.

Blocking people so you can right click them to know if they're on "the hit list"? Yes (this is one way these guys operate).

Blocking people, encouraging others to block them also, using it as a hit list and attacking them 2+ v 1 then bleeding them out, throwing siege and hunting them down across the map? YES!

Well, I already said in my post that block abuse is pretty toxic and somewhat embarrassing that such a thing exists in 2021 but that wasn't really the topic at hand here.

Though honestly, in my experience, the worst kind of toxicity comes from one's own server...

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

14 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Though honestly, in my experience, the worst kind of toxicity comes from one's own server...

You can block people on your own server too, of course. Happened to me once, but not for toxicity.... A guy on my server jumped into a duel I was having, apparently not noticing the spectators or my messages letting him know. He inundated me with pms for not helping after he died, and then I realized he blocked me when I tried to reply.

17 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

People that message you and then block are a pretty bizzare breed that I've noticed a lot in Gw2. Is that a thing elsewhere?

Not sure about elsewhere but it's pretty snowflakey behavior. Someone once rage PM'd, blocked so I couldn't respond, then un-blocked to say one more thing, then re-blocked. I feel bad I had that effect on them.

18 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

People that message you and then block are a pretty bizzare breed that I've noticed a lot in Gw2. Is that a thing elsewhere?

In any case, I think blocking needs to be 2 way; blocked players shouldn't exist to you, and vice versa.

The repeats are my favorite.

Angry little note, same name as yesterday. Can't ever send a reply. How fragile must one's ego be....

19 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

In any case, I think blocking needs to be 2 way; blocked players shouldn't exist to you, and vice versa.

Usually PMs in WvW end with blocking, either preemptively or when the other person responds they will immediately block anyway.  The root of it is the loophole to message in the first place.  

But as said in the thread if it happens guess can just ignore and move on...

7 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

The repeats are my favorite.

Angry little note, same name as yesterday. Can't ever send a reply. How fragile must one's ego be....

I guess it's the equivalent of "this is my last reply" [replies 5 minutes later] or any of those insecure posts that start out with "I am very brave to express an unpopular opinion, so don't reply" on message boards.

It's why I never take anyone's threat to leave seriously. If only they would make good on it!

Though truth be told, the comedy does keep me going. Otherwise I'd push harder for this kind of stuff to get banned.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 5/3/2021 at 5:42 AM, gebrechen.5643 said:

What they can change is balancing builds that are easy to master like most roaming builds and that reward you for being as cheese as possible. Make it either mobility OR tankiness OR damage but not all of them in one build. Get rid of "unblockable pulls", nerf stealth finally, rework thieves energy system and finally nerf ranger builds where they need it.

And if you've played this game long enough and seen how this company operates and where they tend to balance, none of that will ever happen. Mobility vs tankiness vs damage? that got thrown out the window since like day one, this wasn't a game built to be a trinity game and then they threw in support in the first expansion, and with all the open stat combinations and elite specs that share traits with previous specs, it's a nightmare to bother balancing properly.

It would be nice to have some baseline for stuff but it ain't ever happening with this game. We can only hope they take care of broken op outliner stuff, but well even in that front it only gets their attention if it messes with their precious pve.

9 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Not sure about elsewhere but it's pretty snowflakey behavior. Someone once rage PM'd, blocked so I couldn't respond, then un-blocked to say one more thing, then re-blocked. I feel bad I had that effect on them.

I got a rage-sent ingame message that abused me and also my server. I screenshot the contents, opened a support ticket, and attached the screenshot of the message. I've also kept the message in my mail, so that support can check to see whether I might have amended it. I think it was a reaper who was doing a 3v2 against my side, whose mates ran off when I appeared and then I helped kill them.

So those ones spawn-farming or rocking around with a bunch of their buddies purposely to kill single players: bunch of bad players who disappear as soon as anything similar to their numbers appears. There are objectives they could take, but it's apparently more fun for them to gank other players because they are the larger group. This is not a single-server problem either, as I have been in pairings who do this.