How can we deal with harasser guilds?

I've found in WvW guilds that specifically base their activity in harassing newbie individuals and ganking them without any kind of dignity or fair play. Iv'e been prosecuted by 9 players, and they dont even have the moral to offer a 1v1 or 2v2, no, all the guild vs me. I'm not talking I found the enemy zerg, just groups of individuals with no life who just want molest other players.

They stay in strategic points to intercept players who want to meet with the zerg.

They admit by their guild names that they abuse other players (Hunt for pleasure), (Systematic abuse).

Another usual behavior is to stay in the enemy respawn camp building ballistas and golems to anihilate every player who respawn.

Some days me and other friends quit the game because this unfair anihilation.

Is something that Anet could do to avoid this kind of cruel behaviour?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just to be clear, "harasser guilds" are building siege INSDIE your respawn area? 

Or they are building siege at all 3 spawn exits?

Or you are only using one exit and choose to feed a group instead of using a different exit or going to a different map?

25 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Yea, its unfair,

No, Anet probably can't do anything about it.

Only way to get around it is to get good enough to dodge them/fight them off while getting to your zerg, mounts are a huge help with this.

• Like 1

Only thing you can do is avoid them, use other exits, wp if available, or change maps, or running with a bigger group.

Nothing else you can do about these low lifes, they run in packs with cheese builds, why put in the effort to 1v1 when you can 9v1 and get the same bag!

Anet loves gankers, hence why they won't change stealth and made the desert borderlands just for them! so don't get to thinking  they will change anything.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aspirine.6852 said:

SA is known for that. They hunt solo players in pack, like hyenas. Easy fix, change maps or don't go where they camp.. 

Or put down paint traps at key places, tell map chat that there is a group of X size ganking players, and then come with your own party of roamers to massacre them the next time they turn up.

These are players who are terrible when the numbers are similar to theirs, and so rely on outnumbering the enemy by at least 2:1. This normally means hiding at the objective they are coming to, then getting them all into combat so they can't run away.

Although, I do remember a time when I was doing this with only 2 other people, and they literally came back with their zerg. To kill 3 people.

10 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

I've found in WvW guilds that specifically base their activity in harassing newbie individuals and ganking them without any kind of ‎dignity ‎or fair play.

It is a player-against-player mode, and in this - according to the freedoms - the players themselves decide how they behave (towards the opponent). There is no rule or requirement not to do so. Just because you prefer the way of "fair play" does not mean that others have to do the same (i can understand that, it would annoy me just as much, ...). And don't get me wrong, I don't support or defend this behaviour. It is a more objective view. Anyone coming into a PvP mode like WvW should be aware of what it stands for. It's also not like this is GW2 specific or common behaviour in a PvP mode.

Wait a few more "years", then you can move freely in this area, because there will possibly be 80% bots running around. Firstly, because players have left (or will leave/quit) the game mode or the game due to ANet's behaviour (...). Or because ANet has to use bots so that there is still something going on there at all.  

*the last paragraph is not to be taken completely seriously, but it is conceivable.

Iv'e been prosecuted by 9 players, and they dont even have the moral to offer a 1v1 or 2v2, no, all the guild vs me. I'm not talking I found the enemy zerg, just groups of individuals with no life who just want molest other players.

I could repeat the first paragraph here. By the way, this is not a special behaviour of a few. You see it relatively often in general ... that whole zergs, for example, just run or fall after a player. 🙂

They stay in strategic points to intercept players who want to meet with the zerg.

They admit by their guild names that they abuse other players (Hunt for pleasure), (Systematic abuse).

Another usual behavior is to stay in the enemy respawn camp building ballistas and golems to anihilate every player who respawn.

That someone would make fun of building siege weapons in the enemy camp is really cheeky! 🤔😆

In general: There are enough possibilities to find ways around such players or to trick them. Become more creative ... so you will also learn to deal with it sooner or later (or not at all, ...). 

Why should ANet do anything against it? Why not yourself (it's also up to you what you make of it)? All beginnings are difficult, that's for sure. Become better, more creative, adapt to the circumstances. If you can't handle that, then this game mode is apparently not for you (guys). ANet has made this game mode what it currently is, ... and that includes a lot of misbehaviour or abstinence from this game mode. Deal with it or leave it alone (no offence)

Heard it before: "2021 is the year of GW2 (maybe you'll get lucky)." At least that's what some people say ... and often it's the same ones who repeat this saying every year! If you believe in it and repeat it often enough, the imagination might turn into something real. GL o/ 😄

Edited by Metzie.3012
  • Like 3

This is a problem that has gone on for years and even one person takes the time to harrass streamers till they quit the game mode, including Summit when he played. It's a shame that ANet customer support does nothing about this after so long and even has systems that actually make it easier to harrass people unless you go offline and thus cannot interact with your friends as easily.

To anyone who advocates or even has a laissez-faire attitude to this, harrassment is 100% against the terms of service and in many countries ANet has a duty of care to take action against this kind of online harrassment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

This is a problem that has gone on for years and even one person takes the time to harrass streamers till they quit the game mode, including Summit when he played. It's a shame that ANet customer support does nothing about this after so long and even has systems that actually make it easier to harrass people unless you go offline and thus cannot interact with your friends as easily.

To anyone who advocates or even has a laissez-faire attitude to this, harrassment is 100% against the terms of service and in many countries ANet has a duty of care to take action against this kind of online harrassment.

I mean don't get me wrong; this game has too many ways to harass people (such as being able to stalk people you block) and Anet doesn't do enough, but is that really one of those things (killing players in wvw?)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

How do I deal with such guilds? I gather some roamers from my team, go there, slaughter them one by one, chase, jump on their corpse and throw flame ram at their rotting noob bodies . "Laugh" emote mandatory. Yea I'm looking at you ZeGa and nWn burritos. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

They sound probably make sure that every spawn point has multiple exits.

• Confused 1

It is annoying, getting ganked. Specially if you just started playing wvw and still don't have a mount. However, there is no need to quit, really. Just respawn, tell the map where the gankers are and either join whoever responds or go do something else. Don't worry too much about dying, it really is nothing. Oh and you don't have to reply if they pm or mail you when your side kills them 😁

Edited by MaLong.2079
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sazukikrah.5036 said:

We got mercenary's so if you looking for some extra help, we'll protect you for 500 gold a week. 

Lol, your crew does exactly what the OP is upset about. You trying to set up a protection racket or something? XD

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

A somewhat weird manner, also point of view.

Let's take this or these streamer(s) you mentioned, with the reference to "harassment". Many GW2 players or veterans are very accommodating and willing to help new players (albeit streamers) along. As far as I remember, this player was offered a lot of support and was also welcomed benevolently. Isn't this also a kind of "harassment" (or can be considered as such)? Not in this case, because this person (streamer) is or was aware that this could happen. Also, I assume that he expected this to happen (one way or the other). That's what a certain level of awareness does - isn't it? And this player did not quit the game because he was harassed (in a bad way), it was for other reasons.

By the way, I deliberately did not name or mention any names and reduced myself to "streamer".

The problem that you (or many others) see as such is based on the fact that, among other things, a streamer has it in his own hands how things will or could turn out. In any case, he has to expect that not everyone is benevolent. In other words, they may want to get on his nerves or something similar. In this case, a streamer also has to decide whether to compromise or not. E.g. with a time delay of his stream ...

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't really appreciate such (mis)behaviour. It is also up to the game operator or the developer studio itself to take care of this and support players in this respect. ANet doesn't do that, and that certainly has its (good or understandable) reasons. Even if they are often unknown or remain unknown.

If you like (to come back to PvP and WvW mode), in such a mode you basically expect to be "harassed", that is an essential part (within the game agreements of course) of such a game mode. So, I can't really understand what you call or see as a problem or harassment. 

In any case, what the author describes is a personal perception or personal experience that he dislikes, but does not violate any rules or agreements. 

10 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Or put down paint traps at key places, tell map chat that there is a group of X size ganking players, and then come with your own party of roamers to massacre them the next time they turn up.

These are players who are terrible when the numbers are similar to theirs, and so rely on outnumbering the enemy by at least 2:1. This normally means hiding at the objective they are coming to, then getting them all into combat so they can't run away.

Although, I do remember a time when I was doing this with only 2 other people, and they literally came back with their zerg. To kill 3 people.

That won't work, the moment you show up with equal numbers these things will run away on sight and since these kind of groups are mostly some kind of uber cheese that can run away pretty fast, you won't catch them either.
The best answer to this kind of "players" is block them and change map, aka no feeding them, let them starve.
Traps won't do a thing either, they'll be visible, but what's the point of it if they can just port away from danger as they please, waste of supplies and they're not a real counter to stealth.

I really don't see any reason to interact in any way with that kind of people in the slightest, just let them play the cheese they enjoy and watch how they'll start complaining about lack of players in WvW.

SA are all very poor players individually, mostly running the most broken builds that can carry them.

Some of them also have super inflated egos, not even admitting they got clapped hard 1v1 multiple times. Like, it's impossible for them to lose a fight. facepalm

They either run 3-4-5 thieves or thieves + condi revs. Jumping solo players. Mad skills. 😄

Just laugh at them, give them 5 free kills and just move on. Don't even fight back, just /laugh.

They think they're 1337 players, but haven't achieved anything, no spvp tournaments, no gvgs no nothing. All they achieved is being a joke.

• Like 5

This thread might be deleted due to naming stuff, but anyway: the mentioned guild is doing this since the game exists and the only frustrating thing are players feeding them for a whole evening. Don't be one of these players! It's easy to avoid them. They are camping the same spots each day. Yes they suck individually, but feeding them like an idiot isn't much smarter.

The big issue aren't those players it's that this kind of gameplay is rewarding and that roaming builds make it possible.

Why would you get loot from players that you 9v1 or even 5v1? It's similar to servers thinking their KDR is an indicator of skill when it mostly comes down to running over 20 people with 50+. But both can't be changed in WvW without making the game mode completely useless.

What they can change is balancing builds that are easy to master like most roaming builds and that reward you for being as cheese as possible. Make it either mobility OR tankiness OR damage but not all of them in one build. Get rid of "unblockable pulls", nerf stealth finally, rework thieves energy system and finally nerf ranger builds where they need it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Metzie.3012 said:

A somewhat weird manner, also point of view.

Let's take this or these streamer(s) you mentioned, with the reference to "harassment". Many GW2 players or veterans are very accommodating and willing to help new players (albeit streamers) along. As far as I remember, this player was offered a lot of support and was also welcomed benevolently. Isn't this also a kind of "harassment" (or can be considered as such)? Not in this case, because this person (streamer) is or was aware that this could happen. Also, I assume that he expected this to happen (one way or the other). That's what a certain level of awareness does - isn't it? And this player did not quit the game because he was harassed (in a bad way), it was for other reasons.

By the way, I deliberately did not name or mention any names and reduced myself to "streamer".

The problem that you (or many others) see as such is based on the fact that, among other things, a streamer has it in his own hands how things will or could turn out. In any case, he has to expect that not everyone is benevolent. In other words, they may want to get on his nerves or something similar. In this case, a streamer also has to decide whether to compromise or not. E.g. with a time delay of his stream ...

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't really appreciate such (mis)behaviour. It is also up to the game operator or the developer studio itself to take care of this and support players in this respect. ANet doesn't do that, and that certainly has its (good or understandable) reasons. Even if they are often unknown or remain unknown.

If you like (to come back to PvP and WvW mode), in such a mode you basically expect to be "harassed", that is an essential part (within the game agreements of course) of such a game mode. So, I can't really understand what you call or see as a problem or harassment. 

In any case, what the author describes is a personal perception or personal experience that he dislikes, but does not violate any rules or agreements. 

You need to know what the word means before you type all this:

Harassment - "behavior that annoys or troubles someone: "

Harassment - "illegal behaviour towards a person that causes mental or emotional suffering, which includes repeated unwanted contacts without a reasonable purpose, insults, threats, touching, or offensive language:"

Harassment: "behaviour towards someone that is threatening or that annoys or upsets them:"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/harassment

Mind you it's no surprise you would take this stance when you play with the perpetrators of this kind of behaviour.

11 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I mean don't get me wrong; this game has too many ways to harass people (such as being able to stalk people you block) and Anet doesn't do enough, but is that really one of those things (killing players in wvw?)

Is it harassment when...

Killing someone you come across? No.

Killing someone a few times because you keep coming across them while running around and they attack you? No.

Killing the same guy because you've fought them before and you know you will win? Getting murky here, yes if it happens all night.

Blocking the guy so you always know where they are and can follow them to kill them? Yes.

Blocking people so you can right click them to know if they're on "the hit list"? Yes (this is one way these guys operate).

Blocking people, encouraging others to block them also, using it as a hit list and attacking them 2+ v 1 then bleeding them out, throwing siege and hunting them down across the map? YES!

Almost like it's a sliding scale between killing someone a few times to active harassment that is defined by the distress you cause the person on the receiving end.

Those last part points about blocking sound really stupid, because it is really stupid, but that is happening and the only reason is because you killed or attacked one of them who attacked you. At the end of the day blocking should mean someone is always offline to you and you are always offline to them. No ifs, no buts. You still have the problem of it acting like a hit list though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1