endless upgrade extractor Should I sell it or keep it?

I play since release and I never used one so far 😉.

You only need it, if both the item (armor/weapon) as well as the upgrade (rune/sigil) are very expensive.

And from time to time you will get single-use upgrade extractors from login rewards.

if only the item is expsive, you can simply overwrite the upgrade with the new one you want.

if only the upgrade is expesive you can scrap the item with the "Black Lion Salvage Kit"

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

Congrats on getting one! I know it's a bit of a dilemma, but I imagine it must be a nice problem to have.

I think I've only ever used 1 or 2 upgrade extractors, and I've got 3 or 4 in the bank which I got free from somewhere. As @Dayra.7405 said it's only worth using if you don't want to destroy the item the upgrade is in because it's expensive and don't want to destroy the upgrade by overwriting it because it's also expensive. It's usually cheaper to use a black lion salvage kit from login rewards to save the upgrade or to just overwrite the rune or sigil with a new one.

So unless you're changing your build frequently and using a lot of expensive upgrades I don't think it's worth keeping the endless one. (And if you are changing your build a lot and using expensive upgrades it might actually be better to get legendary armour and weapons so you can remove the upgrades for free.)

So I think it would be better to sell it and use the gold to buy some stuff you will use more often.

• Like 2

Now a permanent bank access, that would be a keeper! With a single shared inventory slot, all of your characters could use bank/material storage/wardrobe all the time, which is an amazing value even for just the default 30 slot bank. Not a good value at 5,000g, but if you happen to get one in a BL chest then spending 700 gems on one shared inventory slot is a no brainer (but buying all of the shared inventory slots is crazy expensive).

Random thought out!

11 hours ago, Tatwi.3562 said:

Now a permanent bank access, that would be a keeper! With a single shared inventory slot, all of your characters could use bank/material storage/wardrobe all the time, which is an amazing value even for just the default 30 slot bank. Not a good value at 5,000g, but if you happen to get one in a BL chest then spending 700 gems on one shared inventory slot is a no brainer (but buying all of the shared inventory slots is crazy expensive).

Random thought out!

Oh god no! I got one and sold it. Still making legendaries from the gold I got from it. I made a set of Leggy runes, The Predator, and I'm about to make a pair of Frostfangs. With such easy access to banks in all the cities and WvW there is no need for that silly thing and I am shocked that it is even worth as much as it is!

Hint: If you don't want to loss your 'place' in whatever map you are in, port into WvW, use the bank there, and then 'Leave' WvW through the WvW panel. It will put you right back to where you were so long as it wasn't an instance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Oh god no! I got one and sold it. Still making legendaries from the gold I got from it. I made a set of Leggy runes, The Predator, and I'm about to make a pair of Frostfangs. With such easy access to banks in all the cities and WvW there is no need for that silly thing and I am shocked that it is even worth as much as it is!

Hint: If you don't want to loss your 'place' in whatever map you are in, port into WvW, use the bank there, and then 'Leave' WvW through the WvW panel. It will put you right back to where you were so long as it wasn't an instance.

or use some of that gold to buy a Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey which is only ~310g at current exchange rate

The only time you would really need a bank access would be if you are doing a meta in a full instance and you need to grab an object from the bank for a collection but in that situation you could probably ask if someone could spawn a Guild Vault which will also give you access to your own bank(but not material storage).

On 5/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, evil infantry.7214 said:

I am a casual player far from being a hardcore one ... but it is a very rare item ... so I have my doubts ... please help me!

Keep it!  I wouldn't want to live my GW2 life without it anymore!

The countless times I have removed upgrades from ascended gear once meta builds changed or when I had to shift weapons around between characters - it's priceless to have. 🥰

P.S. I have a lot of legendary gear, and perhaps will no longer need that item when the Legendary Armory is released. But until then it's of great help to me.

14 hours ago, Tatwi.3562 said:

Now a permanent bank access, that would be a keeper!

I wouldn't want to play the game anymore without one of those, either. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

or use some of that gold to buy a Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey which is only ~310g at current exchange rate

The only time you would really need a bank access would be if you are doing a meta in a full instance and you need to grab an object from the bank for a collection but in that situation you could probably ask if someone could spawn a Guild Vault which will also give you access to your own bank(but not material storage).

Or you can use the WvW panel to access a bank for free, no travel cost or gem store items needed.

I saved for a month and a half for mine. Sold every single scrap of mat I made and bought one of the TP for 2200g.

Best money I have ever spent in this game.

But I have 24 alts and am constantly regearing as I test out new builds. I only have one set of Legendary armor. To me it's insane value.

But if you dont see the value immediately sell it. You are gaining nothing keeping it sitting in your bank, and I will wager the perceived value of it will only go down with the Legendary Armory.

• Like 2

You’d be surprised how useful have the permanent bank access once you have it and start using it.  I use my bank significantly more now because of it. 

As for the upgrade extractor, it’s useful for extracting valuable runes/sigils from dropped exotics. You can recoup most of what you would have gotten from selling the exotic but not you have an almost “free” exotic which you can throw in the MF. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

6 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

there is actually a drawback to that since it can start draining your WvW participation

If that's a problem you can use the PvP lobby. It works the same way, you can go there and then go back to exactly where you were, and it's got a bank, TP and merchant.

I'm currently saving up for a permanent bank contract. I used to be in the "hey I'll just go to the pvp lobby and do stuff there" camp, but one day I randomly got a Permanent Merchant npc out of a BL chest. I immediately considered selling it, as trash vendors are everywhere, but as luck would have it I put off selling it and kept it around. I eventually found myself not even walking 20 steps to a vendor I can actually see in the distance, but instead just calling up the permanent merchant lol.

This experienced convinced me that I'd probably get the same massive laziness boost out of the banker contract to. The only issue of course is the price tag, but now I have the added benefit of having a nice big goal, and I'm not even halfway done with it. A rare blessing for me, as I've lost interest in a lot of activities in the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I'm currently saving up for a permanent bank contract. I used to be in the "hey I'll just go to the pvp lobby and do stuff there" camp, but one day I randomly got a Permanent Merchant npc out of a BL chest. I immediately considered selling it, as trash vendors are everywhere, but as luck would have it I put off selling it and kept it around. I eventually found myself not even walking 20 steps to a vendor I can actually see in the distance, but instead just calling up the permanent merchant lol.

This experienced convinced me that I'd probably get the same massive laziness boost out of the banker contract to. The only issue of course is the price tag, but now I have the added benefit of having a nice big goal, and I'm not even halfway done with it. A rare blessing for me, as I've lost interest in a lot of activities in the game.

Sad part is you could have used one of the ecto gambling items you get from achievements instead of that permanent merchant.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collector's_Edition_Sandstorm

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Only a drawback if you care about that. Also it is not a large drain unless you're spending a large amount of time at the bank.

If you start to stay at bank for long (and not move), then you will get kicked out of WvW. In anyway I would ask players that use WvW only for easy and free access of vendors and bank to go to Edge of The Mist (EoTM) as there is no cue when it is many WvW players that want to go to those static maps like Eternal Battleground (EB) or Borderlands (2 identical looking maps + Desert looking one).

@evil infantry.7214

If you ever get Permanent Bank Access be careful to check how often it is actually been sold and for what price as it can take some time to become sold if you just list it at the highest price at BLTP. It works the same way as what you can get from buying or getting from rewards doing things in game as https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bank_Access_Express .

List of all NPC that offer bank access: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banker

As for Extractor Contract you can expect around 2022 Gold (listed price people want to pay) to 2700 (listed price people want to sell). Price taken from GW2 wiki link listed down here. If you hover above prices you will see that it is listed 20 of this and there is a demand from 749 players.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Upgrade_Extractor_Contract

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

If you start to stay at bank for long (and not move), then you will get kicked out of WvW. In anyway I would ask players that use WvW only for easy and free access of vendors and bank to go to Edge of The Mist (EoTM) as there is no cue when it is many WvW players that want to go to those static maps like Eternal Battleground (EB) or Borderlands (2 identical looking maps + Desert looking one).

Obsidian Sanctum is a better bet than EotM. Everything is right there when you zone in and it is never filled.

• Thanks 1