Did Braham get his bow back?

Sarpan.9074

I wondered the same thing. I like the story, grade on the curve and easy to please. Braham is one of my favorite characters. But jeez. Come on. Not even a throw away line with the the commander saying “ I will get this back to Braham”?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No Bow no.. I have no idea if he'll end up getting it back but I doubt there will be any real story elements on it going forward.
If he gets it back it'll probably be offscreen as others have said.

His whole Brawler thing he had going on though has rekindled an old wishful thinking idea of mine though.
Good few years back I proposed an idea where Braham would have one of his arms torn off his body or damaged beyond use during a big battle.
Sometime later Braham returns to us sporting a new type of Asuran Golem arm which have been grafted onto his torso. 

I always thought Braham looked awesome in my mind with a mechanical arm themed on Asuran tech.. considering his bond with Taimi and all I could see it being something she would help him with if he ever required something like that.
Kinda want it to happen again now since his Brawler phase lol

• Like 1

Well they could still use the bow as a plot device for Cantha. It still has a huge value as a magical artifact, and it is not because SPOILER AHEAD Jormag is dead that suddenly the bow has become totally worthless, since the bow has never been truly connected to Primordius.

I mean the bow was infused with a scroll from Jotun magic and there is a theory that the magic used is tied to the Fire Spirit. According to the wiki, this spirit has left Tyria. Why not have it be a main storytelling point of Cantha ? 

5 hours ago, flog.3485 said:

Well they could still use the bow as a plot device for Cantha. It still has a huge value as a magical artifact, and it is not because SPOILER AHEAD Jormag is dead that suddenly the bow has become totally worthless, since the bow has never been truly connected to Primordius.

I mean the bow was infused with a scroll from Jotun magic and there is a theory that the magic used is tied to the Fire Spirit. According to the wiki, this spirit has left Tyria. Why not have it be a main storytelling point of Cantha ? 

Please no Braham in EoD 😰

I really don't think he has any reason to go to Cantha tbh, and will likely just stay in the Shiverpeaks to recover from Primordus. I think we'll just hear about him getting his bow back in some extra dialogue, collection, event, or something, as the story around it is pretty much over.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Please no Braham in EoD 😰

I really don't think he has any reason to go to Cantha tbh, and will likely just stay in the Shiverpeaks to recover from Primordus. I think we'll just hear about him getting his bow back in some extra dialogue, collection, event, or something, as the story around it is pretty much over.

I disagree. If a half cut IBS can deal about some lore related to the Spirits of the Wild, surely Cantha can talk about the Fire Spirit and even maybe its remaining related spirits.

Cantha could even talk some lore about related to the Jotuns since the bow was infused with a scroll belonging to some Jotun tribe. And Cantha, Shing Jea in particular, did have a frozen area (that could have expanded btw) inhabited with Jotuns. 
Braham might not go to Cantha but it doesn’t exclude the possibility of having the bow more important than we think.

Maybe some canthian traveler is looking for that artifact ? Maybe the Tengus need it ? Maybe the empire from Cantha wants it ?

Speaking of infused weapons in general....If J.K Rowling can tell a story of how the sword of Gryffindor was infused with Basilic blood in order for that same sword to kill the minion of Voldemort several books later, surely Anet can do something about it than just being a bow that has no relevance to Primordius in general and doesn’t even get used to kill Jormag.

But obviously it is pure speculation at this point. Just saying, they could build amazing stories with that bow because the lore surrounding it is there.

No more Braham, please. Don’t bring him to Cantha. I need a long, long break from him. This would be a good moment to retire him for the foreseeable future. I don’t want him taking the spotlight from underserved characters anymore.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 2:59 AM, flog.3485 said:

I disagree. If a half cut IBS can deal about some lore related to the Spirits of the Wild, surely Cantha can talk about the Fire Spirit and even maybe its remaining related spirits.

Cantha could even talk some lore about related to the Jotuns since the bow was infused with a scroll belonging to some Jotun tribe. And Cantha, Shing Jea in particular, did have a frozen area (that could have expanded btw) inhabited with Jotuns. 
Braham might not go to Cantha but it doesn’t exclude the possibility of having the bow more important than we think.

Maybe some canthian traveler is looking for that artifact ? Maybe the Tengus need it ? Maybe the empire from Cantha wants it ?

True, it has potential for additional good storytelling about its origins, but seeing as how much more significant plot threads (Zojja, E, Malyck, etc.) just got dropped without any in-game explanation, I predict the bow will also be forgotten/dropped (it already seems to have been in the Finale, which would have been a perfect place for Braham or Ryland to at least make a mention of it)

Edited by Poormany.4507

On 5/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, Zola.6197 said:

No more Braham, please. Don’t bring him to Cantha. I need a long, long break from him. This would be a good moment to retire him for the foreseeable future. I don’t want him taking the spotlight from underserved characters anymore.

It's already passed, but Missed opportunity for the greatest April Fools prank where everyone in game is just Braham. I agree, his character is all over the place in terms of writing. 

Since we're going to Cantha though, we'll probably see more Majory. Don't know if that's better or worse.