Welcome to the new forum [MERGED]

Honestly the new forum seems like a  downgrade from the previous version.  No more Latest ArenaNet Post at the top of the page, threads with posts from Anet staff are no longer highlighted, quoted posts are kind of weird, threads have that big blank space to the right because of the Twitter thing (even when blocked with ad blocker), and it seems like the ability to post images is also broken having looked at a few new threads in Community Creations. .

I hope there are still plans to improve things as right now it needs some work in my opinion. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 2:23 AM, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

threads have that big blank space to the right because of the Twitter thing (even when blocked with ad blocker)

Try to use

en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsPad_half  (don;t use that one, it also disables some things you would want to remain, like the pagecount)
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.twitter-timeline-rendered.twitter-timeline
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

(works for ublock and adblock)

just using block element option and pointing to the the box doesn't add all of those (i think it doesn't add the last one), so it's better to modify it manually. With that set it removes the whole column, not only the twitter box in it, so the blank space disappears and the rest of the page resizes to fill in the removed area.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 2

On 5/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Oh and for forum feedback.  Under the user avatar should it not say "Member" instead of  "Members,"  ?  A forum member is singular after all.  🙂

That bothered me too.  I let it settle in my mind as not a description of the user but of the category they are in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

threads have that big blank space to the right because of the Twitter thing (even when blocked with ad blocker)

You were in the thread with solution (because there's your post in there):

Weird you're saying doing that doesn't remove the white bar, it did for me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

One cool thing I've just discovered is if someone bumps up an old thread it will add a note to say so. I still can't post images but you can see an example here, just below the first post: 

Only problem is I didn't see that until after I'd posted. I think this could be a really useful feature, but only if it's made more visible.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

tl;dr apologies.  Why do some people have "rank" titles?

When the new forum first launched there used to be an option to edit your profile and add your own title.  It seems to have been disabled since then.  So only people that added one before it was disabled have them now.  I don't even think there is an option for those people to change it or remove it now either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

When the new forum first launched there used to be an option to edit your profile and add your own title.  It seems to have been disabled since then.  So only people that added one before it was disabled have them now.  I don't even think there is an option for those people to change it or remove it now either. 

I can't change it any more. I think it was under 'edit profile' but now that just tells me there are no customisations available.

I wonder if the fact that it's called a 'rank' on your profile is part of the reason Anet disabled it. That and the fact that you could seemingly put anything you wanted in there. Someone could give themselves the "rank" of 'Forum Master' or 'Assistant Moderator' or something.

It's weird that disabling it didn't remove the ones people had set though.

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I can't change it any more. I think it was under 'edit profile' but now that just tells me there are no customisations available.

I wonder if the fact that it's called a 'rank' on your profile is part of the reason Anet disabled it. That and the fact that you could seemingly put anything you wanted in there. Someone could give themselves the "rank" of 'Forum Master' or 'Assistant Moderator' or something.

It's weird that disabling it didn't remove the ones people had set though.

Yeah glad I didn't get drunk when it was still an option and give myself a lame title like "Booger McFart Face".    😀    But your title at least seems to fit as I know you are really in to collecting minis. 

9 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Yeah glad I didn't get drunk when it was still an option and give myself a lame title like "Booger McFart Face".    😀    But your title at least seems to fit as I know you are really in to collecting minis. 

It was literally the first thing that came into my head when I found that feature. If I'd known I was going to be stuck with it I'd have put more thought into it (or just left it blank).

I got lucky though, I discovered it had been disabled when I went to change it to 'kittennikat' which was going to be a tempoary joke title while the forum censor was broken and blocking the letters D and A, so I nearly got stuck with that.

the new forum has some nice features but is also missing 2 things.

the first is a dark mode, i use dark mode on pretty much everything (like youtube) and to go from dark to migrane white is really horrible.

i also like to disable the twitter part, it does nothing but distract me since that is on dark mode.

Please enable posting pictures again.  There are many posts in community creations and posts where people want to post an image that apply to their posts.  I find it odd that this was available in the original forum, then the Vanilla forum version, and now suddenly turned off with this version.   Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Please enable posting pictures again.  There are many posts in community creations and posts where people want to post an image that apply to their posts.  I find it odd that this was available in the original forum, then the Vanilla forum version, and now suddenly turned off with this version.   Thanks. 

I see some posters posting pictures.  Maybe ask them how they are able to?

On 5/2/2021 at 2:24 PM, Cynova.1236 said:
Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

19 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I see some posters posting pictures.  Maybe ask them how they are able to?

I'm confused I guess.  Your post is a link to a picture.  And that was a post from last week.  It seems that it has been disabled since then from what I see.  I'm not the only one to mention this.  So I don't think it is just me. 

For reference:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95342-how-do-i-post-pictures-rather-than-links-on-the-new-forums-using-imgur

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

11 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, I just posted a link in a reply, and it posted a picture.  I dunno. 

I think image posting was disabled after that post.  All posted images still seem to show up prior to the new forum and when it seems to have been disabled a few days later.  The last page of this thread in community creations is another example.  Note the last image they were able to post was May 3rd like your example above posted May 2nd.   It seems posting images was turned off after that.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/89507-artwork-comic-waking-~-by-commodorefluffypawz/page/3/#comments

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892