Scourge is probably the most OP a class has ever been in PvP

Zodi.8932

I mean for the first time in a long time I’m completely avoiding a season of PvP. The fact scourge can tank most damage, heal most damage and then stack so much condi on you, you die in seconds. No class should be so god like that they can literally do everything. 

• Like 9

Honestly, it's the gain boon on corrupt that's killing everyone right now. 

But that's a symptom of boons being completely out of control and way too accessible in this game. They don't mean anything anymore and half the changes they make to these classes wind up barely mattering because they have boons pumped into them to the point that it doesn't matter.

Just fought a match against a scourge on my staff mirage and realized after the first fight that - 1. Our team had a dc and didn't have the damage to spike the scourge in the first place. 2. The scourge consistently had more boons than I did because they were running max corruption. 

It's not unbearable, but at the end of the day boons are the larger issue. Not the barrier because it can be spiked down, had cooldowns, and they already removed max healing amulets.

It's the fact that most of the damage is negated by constantly having things like resistance, resolution, protection, rejuvenation, stability alacrity, and then damage oriented boons like might and fury just further help them compensate for the damage they otherwise wouldn't have.

Go duel a scourge on something that does burst damage and doesn't load itself up with boons, see how low their sustain is.  But I'm not even asking for a nerf to this trait, which is the obvious bandaid fix anet would likely implement. I just think boons should be reduced across the board.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:58 PM, eksn.7264 said:

Bunker chrono has entered the chat

Yo, dont you dare bring chronobunker to this cursed land! Still waiting for grandecomeback of the most gentleman spec in the game, #make_chrono_great_again

55 minutes ago, Faux Play.6104 said:

Boons for days, phantasma hitting for 10k, evade frames for days.  Don't think having to fight a scourge in a phone booth could compete with that.

https://i.imgur.com/UA2f5BQ.jpg

"PreFEB2020 patch, game was more balanced and fast-paced and overall more skilful, now it's slugfest" - random pve damage lover.
Maybe not in this form, but boons are still problem in WvW...

• Like 1

I think they should have never reverted the mechanical nerf bat on scourge, it was good for pve and was deleted from pvp. Now its back and it comes with annoying dampening on whatever build it has. The design of scourge is just destroying any PVP mode WvW or SPVP doesn't matter.

Either it should be redesigned from scratch or it should be nerfed out of existence to the point of being worthless in pvp modes.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I think they should have never reverted the mechanical nerf bat on scourge, it was good for pve and was deleted from pvp. Now its back and it comes with annoying dampening on whatever build it has. The design of scourge is just destroying any PVP mode WvW or SPVP doesn't matter.

Either it should be redesigned from scratch or it should be nerfed out of existence to the point of being worthless in pvp modes.   

The decision to make Scourge itself not count as a Shade was very badly implemented. There's a very good reason the entire spec died out in PvP pretty much overnight afterwards. The change came after about a dozen nerfs to Scourge that were made while Scourge functioned as a Shade. If they reverted those previous nerfs to the offensive capabilities of Scourge, it might have landed right about where they wanted it to be. Which I imagine was their vision of a ranged area control/zoning specialization that is weak to burst and in melee. But due to all the nerfs you ended up with a spec that was instead defenseless in melee and with garbage low damage "zoning".

So it's either gotta be having the Scourge count as a Shade so it has some defenses up close to defend against melee pressure or ramping up the damage so that the risk-reward factor is actually there.

The change was also definitely not good for PvE. It's was pretty awful in fact, since you need to maintain 3 shades in PvE, you could very easily get completely cucked out of a large chunk of your DPS if you had to move the boss.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, Aktium.9506 said:

The decision to make Scourge itself not count as a Shade was very badly implemented. There's a very good reason the entire spec died out in PvP pretty much overnight afterwards. The change came after about a dozen nerfs to Scourge that were made while Scourge functioned as a Shade. If they reverted those previous nerfs to the offensive capabilities of Scourge, it might have landed right about where they wanted it to be. Which I imagine was their vision of a ranged area control/zoning specialization that is weak to burst and in melee. But due to all the nerfs you ended up with a spec that was instead defenseless in melee and with garbage low damage "zoning".

So it's either gotta be having the Scourge count as a Shade so it has some defenses up close to defend against melee pressure or ramping up the damage so that the risk-reward factor is actually there.

The change was also definitely not good for PvE. It's was pretty awful in fact, since you need to maintain 3 shades in PvE, you could very easily get completely cucked out of a large chunk of your DPS if you had to move the boss.

Thats literally the problem. Making scourge have even more close range pressure would make the situation worse not better. you essentially have to range a scourge because no other classes have the condi cleanses needed to just walk up to a scourge and melee them. atm scourge does count as a shade. When a necro uses any shade skills they proc on the shades AND the necro. they need to remove the boons on scourge and nerf its base stats. the fact that 2 scourges played by anyone halfway decent are basically immortal is ridiculous

• Like 3

I find it annoying that they quickly melt your health while staying at high health - by just spammin AoE circles everywhere. Of course if you fight them with multiple players and/or away from some capture point ... it is less of a problem. But in a 1 vs. 1 in conquest they are safe to cap/decap cause moving into the point means killed in 1-2 seconds (from full health). Lol.

(I play melee/mid-range oriented style usually. Reaper I find much easier to kill by chaining CCs and switching from melee to mid range.)

• Like 2

I just dropped from 50th to 80th in the current pvp season due to losing twice in a row to double scourge.

And in every single round one of them went down at least once, but on top of the barriers, corrupts and fear they even have one of the best ressing skills (with the lowest cd) in the game.

Also please understand that you could completely remove healing power from the game but scourge would still be overpowered so long as it has a BASE barrier per second output of like 500-600, combined with probably the best meelee condi pressure in the game. The mender amulet removal barely touched scourge while it hurt guard, warrior and tempest way more, further improving scourge's impact on the meta as other supports can't compare anymore. Give us back healing amulets and healing scaling and nerf base values please.

TLDR, the things to be looked at are blood magic (most of all transfusion's CD and ability to move downed players) and base barriers (mostly on Sand Flare and f3).

• Like 2