EoD not gonna make pvp better

EoD will make pvp better, and here is my proof. Triangles have 3 faces and vertices. EoD is the 3rd expansion. However a triangle is a shape and gw2 is a game. There are 5 letters in shape and 4 letters in game. If we take (5-4)*3 we get 3, but also (4-5)*3 we get -3. This demonstrates the symmetry between the two. Now symmetry is derived from the greek word symmetria which means "agreement in dimensions, due proportion, arrangement". The "agreement in dimensions" can refer to the geometric dimensions of a triangle, and through its relation to gw2, the multiple dimensions of gameplay that EoD will offer. Based on the theory of game design and dimensions of gameplay, we can know for certain what fundamental features EoD will include. They are, in order:

1. Internal gameplay (player consciousness).

2. Tribal gameplay (social interaction)

3. Moral gameplay (immersion)

4. Structural gameplay (player hierarchies)

5. Functional gameplay (mechanics)

6. Fractal gameplay (player driven ecosystems)

In total there are 6 fundamental dimensions of gameplay that EoD will offer which I have proven through the symmetric relationship. Now if we take these 6 dimensions and translate them to Euclidean space, we can represent them in R6 as a configuration matrix of a 6-dimensional hypercube, or 6-cube. The numbers that make up this matrix are as follows, going row by row:

64 6 15 20 15 6 2 192 5 10 10 5 4 4 240 4 6 4 8 12 6 160 3 3 16 32 24 8 60 2 32 80 80 40 10 12.

If we diagonalize this matrix and look at the value where the 3rd row and collum intersect (again respecting the 3 symmetry) we get -0.452449. This happens to be the negative value of the Pearson Correlation Coefficient of Fam132a / 1417393_a_at versus Tspan31 / 1416556_at for Combined gene expression data. This means there is obviously a direct relation between our diagonalized 6-cube configuration matrix and mouse dna, where the entangled factor is the 3 symmetry of EoD. If we then apply this 3 symmetry once more, we can see that the specific dna associated with 3x3, or (9.0, 9.0) on the plot is the exact gene associated with competitive fairness and behavior regulation in mice. Now, my final conclusion is just speculation but I believe that this is a hint from anet that EoD elite specs will in fact be fairly designed and balanced to fix competitive pvp once and for all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 23
  • Sad 1

At this point I legitimately hope the new e-specs come with power creep.  Half-way between what we have now and what we had at PoF launch would be awesome.  Even if they somehow manage to avoid creeping the new specs, it'll be nice to have new builds to play. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Maybe not permanently, but it totally will for a few weeks/months at least.

New elite specs will probably be very broken at launch. Should be fun to mess around with until they start nerfing them all and they all become boring dud-hitters like the rest. 

Unless you are a Nec player then you get to have all your spec viable or even OP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

Unless you are a Nec player then you get to have all your spec viable or even OP.

Nah Scourge deleted reaper and core when it released, so the new speck will counter all other necro specks and also be kitten to deal with to everyone else. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

I don't play Necro, but I would be happy to return to a point where every class has at least 1 meta build and things actually did damage. 

6 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

At this point I legitimately hope the new e-specs come with power creep.  Half-way between what we have now and what we had at PoF launch would be awesome.  Even if they somehow manage to avoid creeping the new specs, it'll be nice to have new builds to play. 

I also honestly hope they do too. The current PvP meta is stale, boring, and hopeless.

I'd personally rather have something fun to play with; even if just for a while, rather than something 'balanced'.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i've seen how fun the PvP person's idea of 'balanced' pvp is, and after over a year i'm at a point where i'd rather play anything else. 

• Like 3

Nope, it will make the new specs broken AGAIN because that's what sells expansions.  Look at Age of Empires II - all the new expansions?  Every new civilization was broken in some way or another so that players playing them "had fun" having a more-than-justified advantage over players playing original civilizations.  Same thing happened in GW2 with release of HoT and PoF.  It's going to be broken again, you'll see.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 12:53 PM, Math.5123 said:

At least there'll be something new

No. No there will not. At least not beyond a shallow mask.

The same broken standards and guidelines of design philosophy that have so far produced the game we have now will still remain.
Every meta has the exact same problems only with a slightly different face, and the paradigm of the core issues do not change, while A-net is determined to change literally everything else but the problem.

The only thing we can expect is power creep, and even IF! IF they even can get close to a general sense of class diversity and class equality within the power creep; it will all be gutted in a few years time.

Long term you are paying for nothing but a hollowed out husk of whatever A-net pretends it's going to be.
Anything that seems cool or fun will likely be removed.
Anything that is soundly fair will be put on trial and gutted because people in gold and silver can't deal with it.
Anything unfair and a clear double standard between classes will be preserved because the people who actually get a say are biased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

can't wait to see how broke the specs are when EoD hits and how everyone loves the game until they realize how incompetent anet is. might result in another population drop with how they mis don't handle balance in a timely manner, or at all. it will be interesting to see what sorts of infrastructure improvement they do, but if there isn't any, lol the games not gonna last much longer i think.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, Math.5123 said:

At least there'll be something new

Look, I know how this is going to sound, but this game's playerbase really needs to take a look at itself.  Comments like this sound like the jaded murmurs of an addict.  "It'll be something new," is not at all a healthy response to an environment which has consistently disappointed and abandoned you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

Look, I know how this is going to sound, but this game's playerbase really needs to take a look at itself.  Comments like this sound like the jaded murmurs of an addict.  "It'll be something new," is not at all a healthy response to an environment which has consistently disappointed and abandoned you.

Any videogame without any new content will eventually die out. A lot of people find the first week's of an expansion and huge overhauls a lot of fun. Largely due to the fact that the meta isn't figured out yet. 

And it hasn't consistently disappointed and abandoned me, it's a videogame. It doesn't hold that power over me. So if anything, if that's how you feel you should probably take a look at yourself and ask if this game is truly worth it if you're that emotionally attached. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

perfect balance doesn't even exist. Just stop thinking about it, it will never happen.

People are not interested in balance....the reality is that people are interested in an environment that favour them, the whole "perfect balance" idea is just a cover, with people trying to appear "mature and unbiased" when the opposite is true

• Like 2

On 6/22/2021 at 9:41 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Maybe not permanently, but it totally will for a few weeks/months at least.

New elite specs will probably be very broken at launch. Should be fun to mess around with until they start nerfing them all and they all become boring dud-hitters like the rest. 

With the same old same professions  ending up on the top end of the place, thx for being easy to use and effective in manipulating the "whale" population so they keep playing the game. So to say...yes all professions will have an OP EoD elite but realistically the same 3-4 will end up being spammed to death everywhere in PvP/WvW with PvE where they end up being the easiest and most effective to use, I am referring to no other that : Necromancer -Guardian -Engineer and Revenant ....we all know these 4 will receive some OP abomination that will be left unchecked for at least 1 year before seeing any resemblance of valuable change

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

With the same old same professions  ending up on the top end of the place, thx for being easy to use and effective in manipulating the "whale" population so they keep playing the game. So to say...yes all professions will have an OP EoD elite but realistically the same 3-4 will end up being spammed to death everywhere in PvP/WvW with PvE where they end up being the easiest and most effective to use, I am referring to no other that : Necromancer -Guardian -Engineer and Revenant ....we all know these 4 will receive some OP abomination that will be left unchecked for at least 1 year before seeing any resemblance of valuable change

I don't know anything about that.

The only thing i'm sure of is that whatever 'OP abominations' are born out of EoD surely have to be more fun than current Nerf Wars 2. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, Math.5123 said:

Any videogame without any new content will eventually die out. A lot of people find the first week's of an expansion and huge overhauls a lot of fun. Largely due to the fact that the meta isn't figured out yet. 

And it hasn't consistently disappointed and abandoned me, it's a videogame. It doesn't hold that power over me. So if anything, if that's how you feel you should probably take a look at yourself and ask if this game is truly worth it if you're that emotionally attached. 

Tell that to melee

but gw2 isnt good/deep enough to not get new content

Edited by Quadox.7834