Are guardians simply the Best players?

Between their near permanent stealth and their ability to straight up one shot you can't escape their trap nests in fractionas of a second required to not die, are guardian players simply straight up better than other players?  I'm so confused. 

Are guardians just straight up better? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Between their near permanent stealth and their ability to straight up one shot you can't escape their trap nests in fractionas of a second required to not die, are guardian players simply straight up better than other players?  I'm so confused. 

Maybe Rune Of The Stealth God is just the best rune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

No Guardian is just easy mode in all types of content especially together with a Neco. But I will give that most hardcore players switch to Guard because Arena.NET nerfed all hard-try builds into oblivions (all game modes) basically we go with flow until either Arena.NET wakes up or we are so bored with it that  we switch to another game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Do you people also die to every sic'em slb? Seeing as that build is a stronger dh in every aspect. More mobility, more burst, better sustained damage, more CC and more sustain? What about sevenshot and holo? Any deadeye, or non SA- thief. Dh is a gimmick, and not even a strong one at that. Try sneezing in its general direction and it's either going to die or you'll get rid of its aegis (and the 20% modifier that goes with it).

Seeing people crying over a build that isn't even in the top 5 of roamers is honestly just pathetic at this point. Stop.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I dont see the issue really. Its annoying to get 2 tapped once in a blue moon but...

They are probably the prof that dies the most in any team im part of. Its quite common they are one of the first if not the first ones to get focused down.   

Its quite literally a glass canon. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Do you people also die to every sic'em slb? Seeing as that build is a stronger dh in every aspect. More mobility, more burst, better sustained damage, more CC and more sustain? What about sevenshot and holo? Any deadeye, or non SA- thief. Dh is a gimmick, and not even a strong one at that. Try sneezing in its general direction and it's either going to die or you'll get rid of its aegis (and the 20% modifier that goes with it).

Seeing people crying over a build that isn't even in the top 5 of roamers is honestly just pathetic at this point. Stop.

I mean it’s just in the top 3 of ranked carry out of all builds let alone roamers.

comparing the ranking of a ranked build to the rankings of at builds doesn’t mean much. Those builds are also garbagissimo in ats so wtf cares?

DHs die as fast as they kill. They aren't the best. It's just most newer players don't know how to react properly and run into traps. 

Assume your always being baited into a trap don't charge at a DH, try to land a shot on them really quickly to remove aegis and their damage modifier. 

Ur taking 20% increased damage if your not hitting them. 

2 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I mean it’s just in the top 3 of ranked carry out of all builds let alone roamers.

comparing the ranking of a ranked build to the rankings of at builds doesn’t mean much. Those builds are also garbagissimo in ats so wtf cares?

I would beg to differ. It doesn't have the mobility to hard carry ranked. I would say thief, rev and holo all carry that much harder. Even sic'em carries harder. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

I would beg to differ. It doesn't have the mobility to hard carry ranked. I would say thief, rev and holo all carry that much harder. Even sic'em carries harder. 

On Na I don’t see nearly as many of any of those except maybe thief in high rating.

btw sic em is mediocre asf- ppl only play it on Eu and yet it’s always been out done in the end by any other ranger build

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

On Na I don’t see nearly as many of any of those except maybe thief in high rating.

btw sic em is mediocre asf- ppl only play it on Eu and yet it’s always been out done in the end by any other ranger build

Yeah, that's where Na and eu differs. Eu is much faster paced and rotational based, while NA is much more of a slow slugfest with mm necros and scourges. 

While I can see dh being insane value on na being able to debunker scourges, on eu they just can't keep up with the rotational capabilities of the above mentioned specs.

So I think both of our observations are correct, even if they differ.

• Like 3

How to counter this "OP" build

Step 1: Bring Tempest. 

Step 2. Create slightly windy area

Step 3. Watch DH become completely useless. 

If Tempest is not available, consider running a support core guard instead. As a bonus, the projectile bubble comes with 6 seconds of weakness, so the DH can forget about trying anything in melee. It has 3 charges and you've got your shield 5 after that, and stand your ground just in case your team walks into a dragon's maw. Have fun. 

• Like 1

Basically players who are really good at playing this game it doesn't matter what class they play.  Taking myself as an example I will play every class mostly just to learn mechanics to understand what can and can't legitimately be performed by any player.  So whatever I know will destroy me will most likely do the same when I am playing other classes against those classes.

So for example in wvw you will mostly always see organized groups playing guardians and necro's because those are the two classes that provide the most aoe support and offense when they stack a blob of players together like that.  So in the case of guardians with pvp you are dealing with a class if people play it the way its designed and the players not playing that class work as a team with that person they are pretty much always going to kill any team that has all or mostly I am the best player in the game mentality players.  That is what is making them look like they are the best players mostly just due to playing the game as it is meant to be played and not having a super massive ego.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Didn't ANet say that the best players tend to play revenant?

I asked on of the best players and he said whenever revenant starts to bore him, he plays guardian for a few hours. So what the OP experiences makes sense.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Yeah, that's where Na and eu differs. Eu is much faster paced and rotational based, while NA is much more of a slow slugfest with mm necros and scourges. 

While I can see dh being insane value on na being able to debunker scourges, on eu they just can't keep up with the rotational capabilities of the above mentioned specs.

So I think both of our observations are correct, even if they differ.

Hmm interesting. I’ll have to go back to Eu and test this out. Na has never been ezier to climb than rn though, so it’ll have to wait till next season

On 7/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mik.3401 said:

Yes, stealth on heavy armor class is definitely something not very fair.

Stealth is overall a garbage mechanic in most of the games in which is implemented and GW2 is not an exception, but heavy armor itself has a very little relevance outside lore considerations due how small is the gap in stats between cloth classes and plate armor ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Hmm interesting. I’ll have to go back to Eu and test this out. Na has never been ezier to climb than rn though, so it’ll have to wait till next season

as someone that played 100 P2 games this season, there is bunch of DH in EU. But not to the point where they stand out all that much, there is usually 1 per match, maybe 1 per team ( rarely )
I have 0 issues with them ( im biased as ranger, I have sic em and can always just throw pet at them to trigger their traps and reveal them )
there is like 0 MM necros that I saw, its all scourges, core support guards and tempests, rangers ( mostly drake hype, with occasional condi feeder ) bunch of holo and rev.
I dont get the reason to complain about DH honestly, if anything necro, core guard and prot holo should be much bigger topic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Stealth is overall a garbage mechanic in most of the games in which is implemented and GW2 is not an exception, but heavy armor itself has a very little relevance outside lore considerations due how small is the gap in stats between cloth classes and plate armor ones.

It still matters, sometimes the damage difference goes up to 3k+ in between Heavy and Light.