Alliance When ? This year confirmed

WindBlade.8749

3 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

alliances won't be a cure all but it will supposedly make it a lot better.

Utterly dependent on implementation.

The only thing certain, from information to date, is a massive disruption.. Which could be very bad.

So I very much hope they think it through very carefully and don't just push a _something_ like I'm afraid is now happening.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Utterly dependent on implementation.

The only thing certain, from information to date, is a massive disruption.. Which could be very bad.

So I very much hope they think it through very carefully and don't just push a _something_ like I'm afraid is now happening.

yeh well doing nothing is usually worse in most situations. we'll just have to wait and see.

A further refinement of my idea from page 1 about WvW currencies ...

Give us the ability to purchase maximum 2 Mystic Clovers per day, but let us chose if we do this with either:

1. Fractal Relics, or
  2. WvW currencies, or
  3. PvP currencies, or
  4. Raid currencies

Alternately, the 2 through 4 could be different things like Amalgamated Gemstones, Mystic Coins, <something else> but limited to 2 per day maximum. Let's not throw the economy off on a wild tangent, of course, but let's also encourage people to work towards legendary items for their long term goals, and allow them to do it in their favourite game mode.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, ilMasa.2546 said:

I mean...they cannot say "kitten WvW: we dont care,BUT preorder the expansion anyway when it is aviable" right? 

They need to say "we care"  now ... and then go silent for other 5 years . 

edit:
im saving my 100th post for 2022: will it be "You lied AGAIN" or "WvW is SAVED"

True .. all this happened right this way many times before ..   and they never delivered what they promised ..  btw .. skillbalancing when ?  😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:21 PM, phreeak.1023 said:

dont like the idea of alliance system.. people without a guild will have every 2 month new people to deal with. no "real" long term communities anymore. There are still lot of servers where ppl playing WvW on the same server for years together and not transfering every 2 month. Having a TS, most people know each other..

You can always create a community guild of "pugs" if that's the case.

Edited by SWI.4127
messed up quote
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

"Our communication regarding this feature over the last few years missed the mark."

Yeah, sorta like how empirical, scientific evidence for the existence of God kinda misses the mark.

Laughed so hard I spilled my tea...

4 hours ago, displayname.8315 said:

It's going to be World vs. Globes.

Thanks Diku in advance.

Alliances won't be WvG.

Please don't confuse my solution with ANet's solution which is called Alliances.

WvG fixes WvW by changing the base Match-Up Model.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Alliances fixes Wvw by manipulating the Team Creation.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/19480-world-restructuring/p1

Also, WvG provides a Reboot & Concrete Road Map for the future of WvW.

You're welcome to compare the two.

If this isn't the answer you're looking for...sorry...you win...and then let's agree to disagree & you can win whatever discussion that follows.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

pretty big news. hopefully they don't leave exploits in the system unattended that people will take advantage of and skew the matches (like another game mode which shall not be mentioned).

They will if they can find a way to get people to pay $20 each time they want to manipulate matchups

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2,

By that they mean it will be at the bottom of the game pile with lots of flowery stuff above it in the main game and basically left to hold up other parts of the game.

You guys didn't really think they will do anything else other than hype then ignore?

Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward.

[_] fix rewards

[_] fix lags

[_] bring back quaggans

[X] add underwatermounts and skins 😝

[_] fix exploits

[_] fix perma-stealth

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baldrick.8967 said:

By that they mean it will be at the bottom of the game pile with lots of flowery stuff above it in the main game and basically left to hold up other parts of the game.

You guys didn't really think they will do anything else other than hype then ignore?

GW2 players are hopeless addicted to copium

"Alliances out this year and we havne't forgotten about you!" is the WvW equivalent of PvE'ers having free legendary gear dangled in front of them because Anet needs people logging in for the next 6+ months while they hustle to finish EoD

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, Substance E.4852 said:

GW2 players are hopeless addicted to copium

"Alliances out this year and we havne't forgotten about you!" is the WvW equivalent of PvE'ers having free legendary gear dangled in front of them because Anet needs people logging in for the next 6+ months while they hustle to finish EoD

Lol admittedly they had me curious to do the living story stuff again.... until jumping puzzle achieves... then I noped out lol.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 2:32 AM, ConorT.5396 said:

Do not break WvW, create a new game-mode based on alliances & allow alliances for all game modes like GW1 did for a social aspect sure - but don't break an entire community that has been evolving for 8 years.

They dont, u can still form alliance and play together. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:32 AM, ConorT.5396 said:

• Haha 1

They'll have to be very careful who they listen to as there's potential for disastrous consequences with potential exploiting of this system.

- I don't think the community is large enough anymore to support alliances up to the originally-proposed 1k players.  We've all seen time and time again with BG the dominant guilds mostly just want to consolidate power and ktrain.

- The game has changed a lot since the original proposal, mostly for the worse.  The class design/balance changes and inclusion of mounts prohibits smaller group efficacy in WvW with most of the small-scale scene no longer playing.  If steps aren't made to carefully countermeasure stacking, the modes will be even faster devoid of content/its players.

- Veteran unaffiliated players account for a significant chunk of the WvW scene at anygiven moment, since most guilds only run specific raids.  These players need to be considered.

They can't afford another DBL scenario here.  The perspective of more than just the big names and affiliate PvE players with little understanding of the implications this system needs to be listened to.

I'd like to hope this year will be a big change for ANet, especially with resources being committed to a newer version of DX (Curious why 11 over 12 tho NGL), but their track record of actually making change to system-level and profession-design-level problems in the PvP/WvW modes is very poor.  I get these changes are often a lot of work and shouldn't come with immediate answers, especially since the layoffs, but there are still problems on the design level nearly 10 years later with individual skills or mechanics that just do not work, are too ineffective to work, or are anti-fun.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 4

On 7/10/2021 at 7:36 PM, DeceiverX.8361 said:

They'll have to be very careful who they listen to as there's potential for disastrous consequences with potential exploiting of this system.

- I don't think the community is large enough anymore to support alliances up to the originally-proposed 1k players.  We've all seen time and time again with BG the dominant guilds mostly just want to consolidate power and ktrain.

- The game has changed a lot since the original proposal, mostly for the worse.  The class design/balance changes and inclusion of mounts prohibits smaller group efficacy in WvW with most of the small-scale scene no longer playing.  If steps aren't made to carefully countermeasure stacking, the modes will be even faster devoid of content/its players.

- Veteran unaffiliated players account for a significant chunk of the WvW scene at anygiven moment, since most guilds only run specific raids.  These players need to be considered.

They can't afford another DBL scenario here.  The perspective of more than just the big names and affiliate PvE players with little understanding of the implications this system needs to be listened to.

I'd like to hope this year will be a big change for ANet, especially with resources being committed to a newer version of DX (Curious why 11 over 12 tho NGL), but their track record of actually making change to system-level and profession-design-level problems in the PvP/WvW modes is very poor.  I get these changes are often a lot of work and shouldn't come with immediate answers, especially since the layoffs, but there are still problems on the design level nearly 10 years later with individual skills or mechanics that just do not work, are too ineffective to work, or are anti-fun.

Many players in gw2 still just want to ktrain for what ic it m8 even become smaller if the alliance system proposes more similiar number fights.

Maybe players will adapt 😕 idk but i guess anything is better than what we have now at least  alliances seams to be something that can evolve over time?

Edited by Aeolus.3615

There is no way to promote "more similar number fights" within the wvw framework. The mode is player/fairweather driven, teams have no control over how many are logged in at any given time. And we're still going to have Guilds or Alliances (Both max out at 500 players, most likely) that are just going to stack one time zone, trying to bulldoze the mode during their time. Example, the oceanic's of SoS are probably going to gather up most of the oceanic players into one alliance, and be uncontested during that time zone. 

The only way they could promote similar numbers, is to make a own pvp mode for it, where teams organize say 15 or 20 players each, and organize/plan for a fight against another team.

The real advantage is that if half the player quit because of this, the system will adapt itself in 2 month, and can go from 8 to 4 match-up's for example. If the expansion for some reason somehow made lots of people want to try wvw, it could adapt itself to say 10 match-up's etc. 

That said, I'd still need to see something actually be released before I believe it is actually coming. At this point I still consider it in the realms of theory.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

There is no way to promote "more similar number fights" within the wvw framework. The mode is player/fairweather driven, teams have no control over how many are logged in at any given time. And we're still going to have Guilds or Alliances (Both max out at 500 players, most likely) that are just going to stack one time zone, trying to bulldoze the mode during their time. Example, the oceanic's of SoS are probably going to gather up most of the oceanic players into one alliance, and be uncontested during that time zone. 

And if that's the case I'd like to see them finally put in the Action Level - Victory Point Multiplier.

Which was discussed way back when skirmish was first talked about, in which the busiest times would get max points, while the dead times wouldn't, so yeah go ahead and stack a time zone, you shouldn't get max points if you have no opposition.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring/6145749

Potential (controversial) additional change:

• While the above change takes steps to bring the value of off-hours coverage in-line, there’s a good chance it’ll still be overvalued. If that’s the case (and we’ll eventually poll on this), then we have plans for an additional system.
  • This is the Action Level – Victory Point Multiplier system
    • This system would multiply the Victory Points awarded by Skirmishes based on map populations and time of day.
    • During prime time hours, the multiplier would always be at it’s maximum of 3.
    • During off hours, the multiplier might stay at 3 or drop to 2 or 1, depending on on activity level.
    • It’s important to include map populations as a factor, to make the system more fair for off hours players and its important to include time-of-day as a factor to prevent a winning team from trying to keep the score muliplier low by exiting WvW

•