How do you feel about EoD after the livestream? POLL

How do you feel about EoD after the livestream?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about EoD after the livestream?

• Hyped
    • Somewhat hyped
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat underwhelmed
    • Underwhelmed

• artcreator.4859 changed the title to How do you feel about EoD after the livestream? POLL

To be honest, all I wanted was a new Tengu race. Other than that, I was pretty much expecting things similar to what they announced. So I'm in the Neutral camp. Looking forward to it, but not the "OMG I'M SO HYPED" kind of looking forward.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

The main thing I'm excited about is the Elite Specializations. Unfortunately it looks like they're going on a week-by-week kind of approach, which isn't really that good for the current game's state. But at least there will be an influx of players because of this. 

• Like 2

I knew going into it that this would only be a fraction of what they are planning to reveal in the coming months. But even still, I was left feeling rather....."meh" about everything. Don't get me wrong - there were some cool features, but they didn't show anything that hooked me.

Also I don't understand the appeal of Tengu as a playable race, though I respect the opinion/taste of those who really want it. Personally though - give me Largos and an underwater-focused hub + storyline in the Jade Sea and I'd be over the moon.

EoD needs to breathe new life back into the game. So bring on a new race. Heck - bring on 2 new races! Start them off in EoD at lvl 80 with a short personal story leading into Cantha. Just SOMETHING fresh and exciting.

• Like 3

I'm hyped, I think that they are doing an excellent job and that delaying and withholding information is the way to go. It extends interest and doesn't turn this into just a huge info dump. I also love their transparency and how free they are being with information. Though that does lead to this illusion people have that if they are loud and salty enough they can get exactly what they want.

Honestly when I look at the implications of adding a new playable race it just looks like a bad idea and waste of time on the developers part. Would it be cool? Of course it would, but just reskinning the armor to fit the new race alone would be an enormous time sink not to mention trying to find a way to make it feel equivalent to the other available races without all the access to the backstory. And they would have to go all in, a crappy half measure would just make the community angry. So if they go for it great, but if they don't I will enjoy the content they worked on instead of just making an expansion that is basically a new playable race.

I think this preview had material in it for most types of players, and I want to give credit to the devs for stepping up their game. I think we should critique the game and suggest improvements so they know what we want, but not to expect them to give us everything we ask for. And I think it's more important to let the devs know what they did right and be encouraging which I think will lead to  a much better developer and community relationship. So I'm excited to try Cantha and I hope to see most of you there too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think ppl who expected a ppf reveal were delusional, not only the w8 time between now and launch is much bigger but also the leaks helped lay the groundworl for how well that reveal event played out. With eod we will get official info in bitesize piece over the course of these 7 months and thats the way to go for this launch.

plus 8 more especs to find out, 2 more masteries as well as more indepth looks of the world and events. 

Its also seems so far like eod took lessons learned by pof and hot and its aiming for a balance of the 2, that alone is fantastic news imho.

• Like 6

It looks like it'll probably be a nice $30 patch to wrap up some Guild Wars 2. granted after mounts in PoF I was always skeptical of how much they could realistically put into the game at that point. Like, once you've hit that peak what are you really supposed to add besides more of the same stuff?

• Like 2

Im hyped, because new zones new specs, can you say pistol necro! boats! fishing a turtle! new enemies to battle, the aetherblade armada, with Kelly Hu! Plus anyone that paid attention heard that this is only the start, they are going to be announcing more throughout 2021. I cant wait, I hope im around to play it. 

Oh and engine optimization and upgrade 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 1

"Tidal wave" of information..  😠 

1.  It felt a pretty rushed live compared to the previous ones tbh..
  2. Also, Ruby seemed like she was being held at gun point (did anyone else notice that?). Don't get me wrong, I love her, she's usually so natural while speaking, it was weird
  3. The new legendaries skin being similar to a BLC collection just really made me sad.. it's like they didn't want to put more effort on them like they used to do before.
  4. Boats, fishing, 2 people mount felt like a Perfect World thing, nothing fresh for gamers, what's next? In game marriage?  😑
  5. No info about fractals and raids... which would surely have more people interested than strike missions
  6. No big news for pvp players.. They should know that people were avid for what they had to say.. So they could have at least given something to tease people from all game modes
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

I was hoping that it would hype me up but it failed to do that.

The only things I'm looking forward to are siege turtles and skiffs. I mentor newbies often, so it would be a fun thing to be like "hop on my turtle/boat and I'll show you around!"

But other than that, I'm really not looking forward to anything.

I'm usually looking forward to exploring new maps but they didn't show us much, or really any of it. All of it was in paintings.

The voice actor segments were way too short. "I am [name] and I will be voice acting [name]." And that's it. What, am I supposed to have a positive reaction to that?

Overall, I am extremely underwhelmed. Compared to PoF, this is trash. But that's just what I feel after watching the youtube video of the stream. Maybe once I actually play it, it'll feel much better. I hope.

• Like 3

I sincerely hope this "first look" did not cover everything- elite specs obviously, but also locations in Cantha, possibility of new weapon type / race, etc.

Also, as said in another thread, being told to expect a tidal wave of information, really needs to be driven home. While I'm still excited about EoD and GW2 going forward with Alliances/ dx11 etc., I also feel a bit underwhelmed by this first reveal.

• Like 4

I didn't watch the livestream but I'm mainly interested in the expansion for new maps and story and I knew we'd be getting that without it being announced, but I thought the trailer was very interesting. I'm especially curious about the century long scheme the two characters were talking about and the weird glowing tubes which I assume have something to do with the jade. Especially since I assume that's related to the 'science of dragon magic' section on the EoD page and given what we know about dragon magic so far I'm very curious about what that will mean.

Other than that I'm intrigued by the siege turtle mount and curious about the skiff (that's something I didn't expect) and about what else they might announce later.

The only part of what's been announced so far which doesn't really interest me is fishing, but I know a lot of people kept asking for it so I can see why Anet would do it. I just hope it's either more interesting than I usually find fishing in games or (more likely) entirely optional so I can ignore it.

• Like 2

I definitely got a lot more information than I expected from the first look stream. I am pretty hyped to say the least. Fishing, Skiff, and Turtle mount are all things I never expected to even get from EoD, and it was refreshing to have the excitement and surprise. I know there's going to be more new information coming out and the betas available to everyone is huge. I feel Anet only gave us the tip of what to expect and doing what an expansion is supposed to do - expand the game. I'm excited to see what comes next and I think EoD is going to get players back to the game and Colin confirming that this expansion is a new direction for GW2. All very good things.

With that being said though I think the only letdown in the announcement (had a feeling it going to be the case given the description for the precursor item text) was the Gen 3 legendary weapon set. The fact we are getting a full set on release is huge, but an entire set of essentially the same is really meh. I already have an issue with gem store skins already feeling legendary status and there's no earnable mount skins through collections or achievements but that's a completely different subject. I dunno, maybe there's more to these Aurene weapons we don't know yet so I'll give benefit of the doubt. Despite this being the only issue I have - I think comparatively is that I have other options and legendary weapons isn't what is going to determine whether or not I'm going to enjoy an expansion or not. The weapons are minor in my eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

You didnt pay attention when they said over the rest of 2021 they will be announcing more.

More elite specs, more about the masteries, and more about the functionality of the turtle and fishing.

This is it for features though. If they had something else big planned like housing or a new race they would have led with it. 

It’s possible the ship will be upgradable though. Other than that I’m expecting details on what the point of fishing is in this game, crafting recipes, and more about the unannounced masteries.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1