Give Aurene a Human form

Balsa.3951

I think this would be story wise very interesting to let Aurene in human form walk the world to explore and understand mortal nature better.

I am curious how she would look like if she were human.

(not permanent human form more like shape shifting) 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I think this would be story wise very interesting to let Aurene in human form walk the world to explore and understand mortal nature better.

I am curious how she would look like if she were human.

(not permanent human form more like shape shifting) 

It's not a good idea because she would fall in love with my character, the true Champion of Aurene 😄

6 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

How would changing it's shape cause an immortal being to understand mortality?

Exactly. Being humanoid isn't for understanding mortality or mortals, it's for hiding within and easing interaction with mortals.

That said, Aurene is already loved by most mortals so she has no need to hide or need to change to interact with mortals, and why human form when there are many other races? Why not sylvari form or charr form?

There's ultimately no story reason for Aurene to have a bipedal form - though if she did, I imagine it'd still be very draconian in appearance, like Mordremoth's bipedal form was. The only reason Aurene would have for such is if her real body becomes too large to fit and interact, or becomes too environmental, like the Pale Tree. But she's tiny, tiny enough to fit in a (albeit large) building.

• Like 8

While I do love shapeshifting dragons — it’s especially fun in games like dnd — I don’t think it makes much sense for this story. Aurene was raised by mortals and has deep affection for them — The commander and Caithe are effectively her adoptive parents (especially Caithe). We’ve already put in the narrative work for her to understand and value mortals/mortality, so cramming her into a fleshy prison probably won’t do much beyond torment her.

In concept, it is fun to think about what she might look like in a humanoid form. Just nothing that would necessitate her shapeshifting story-wise that I can see, unless her situation changed in the vein of what Konig suggests.

(Also props to the folks that made references to the last unicorn. 😁)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I am unsure that I should be astonished, that someone has already got the idea, or not so much by the fact it took so long.

It's been talked about for a while, since at least season 4. If this were an Asian MMO, Aurene would definitely be getting a humanoid form after attaining too much power, and that would probably lead to the creation of a new race.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

It's been talked about for a while, since at least season 4. If this were an Asian MMO, Aurene would definitely be getting a humanoid form after attaining too much power, and that would probably lead to the creation of a new race.

but wouldn't ED's have humanoid form from the get go then too? 🤔

I'm very happy that Anet thinks carefully about Cantha expansion and the continent itself. There was a good reason for scraping the Canthan District in Divinity's Reach. Borrowing or mixing an matching ideas from somewhere else is not the right way to do this.

We don't need a 2nd Pandaria, we don't need dozens of playable races. All we need is another piece of good GW content which is not offensive to any real life cultures.

Can we let Aurene roam free in the wild now? She was cute when she was little, but she's all grown up now and it's time for her to move out of the house and find a job.

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You know, somehow I would think it would have been more like Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo, aesthetically anyway.

There is probably more options on the rule 34 subreddits. I bet there is at least one Alexstrasza like rendition.

The best/worst part we are giving people more ideas as we write.  

• Haha 2