The reward for the Story Replay should have been the legendary waterbreather.

Current reward is preferred, but that's beside the point.

All the legendaries are hard to obtain; this one is super easy.

Transcendence exists, but costs a boat tonne of time and money, not to mention some skill.

A legendary water helm is useless, but at least makes sense compared with the existing legendaries...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

if that achievement was giving waterbreather instead of amulet it would fail to generate incentive for anyone to actually care to make one imo. There is basically no high end underwater content to justify need for one in the first place.

Transcendence should have been a ring imo. The only reason it is amulet is that when transcendence and conflux were made, there already was a ring (coalescence) so for full set of trinkets they were missing a ring and an amulet. So AN didn't want to double on ring slots, and wanted to slap out last trinket type asap. So I would not use "invalidates transcendence" as an argument here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

* Does not invalidate the PvP Amulet

Nothing invalidates the PvP Amulet.  It's still a legendary amulet, even if it's not the only legendary amulet.  Your reward for earning it isn't permanent exclusivity - it's the ability to use it exclusively until another legendary amulet comes along.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ClaraFee.2579 said:

Nothing invalidates the PvP Amulet.  It's still a legendary amulet, even if it's not the only legendary amulet.  Your reward for earning it isn't permanent exclusivity - it's the ability to use it exclusively until another legendary amulet comes along.

I wonder how salty folks would be if anet announced a full set of stuff for each mode. I imagine some would be super salt that they no long could lord over others xD

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

* Makes sense with the "Water ExPack" 

Let's wait until we have played the expansion before we draw these kinds of conclusions.

* Would give us the last piece of Legy gear we need.

I'm not against the idea of a legendary quality breather, but keep in mind that in practice we would need 3 legendaries because the breathers are armor pieces.

21 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I wonder how salty folks would be if anet announced a full set of stuff for each mode. I imagine some would be super salt that they no long could lord over others xD

Probably an amount of salt simliar to people who believe they should have more legendaries right now but the game keeps telling them "no". Since that's like the inverse of it.

• Like 1

Don't know if it's an absolute "should". But I would have apreciated a breather more.

However, I'm not speaking as a pat of the majority here I guess. I was sitting on full legendary "PvE edition" for a while, then got into WvW for about a year. Three months later I decide out of boredom to craft the WvW trinket because 1)it's still missing and the PvE equivalent will probably never happen or be years away and 2) I see tht I have almost all materials together anyway. I repeat this process for the PvP amulet because see above and why not. Now, after ANet has put this ont the game, I will get a second legendary amulet which I won't need. Id it has anynice visuals to it or continues the "transformation" of vision, aurora and coalesence, I'll get something out of it, otherwise, as I said, I would have prefered a rebreather. But I was totaly aware, or at least expected ANet to introduce the missing trinkets to PvE at some point, so I can't say I feel cheated or anything.

Also: "EoD will be water themed" - I woiuld absolutely love it if EoD's gimmick and underwater would be what gliding/verticality were for Hot and mounts/horizontality(if that is a word) were for PoF. We see lots of watery stuff like turtles, fishing and boats. On the other hand, legendary sets seem to exclude underwater weapons. So I think even if EoD was somehow centered around water, we might still not get much of underwater content that would make a legendary rebreather relevant.

• Confused 1

I really think that reward there should be chest with choice of the legendary reward. Like:

1. Legendary amulet (for players who don't like pvp)

2. Legendary accessory (for non-enthusiasts of LS)

3. Legendary ring (for players not into wvw or raiding

Now I see it's worth considering:

4. Legendary aquabreather (for water lovers/full legendary)

But I don't like the idea that it would be the only way to obtain that leggy.

Haha, in the underwater gear topic, I just said that leggy underwater gear is my last priority, so I would very much have to disagree with the OP.  A legendary amulet will be much more useful for me and I'm glad that's the reward. Though @Modliszka.5027had a nice idea about the reward being a choice of leggy accessory. That I could agree with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

* Does not invalidate the PvP Amulet

* Makes sense with the "Water ExPack" 

* Still worth doing the Achievements if it's the only way to get it. 

* Would give us the last piece of Legy gear we need.

Since you can use a Legendary Rune in all your ascended aquabreathers across all characters, like it was a legendary piece of armor, it's okay I think.

Also, perhaps we will get to acquire a legendary aquabreather in EoD. 😉

Edited by LadyEden.7519