Balance Update Preview for August 17, 2021

Josh Davis.7865

4 hours ago, Smite.3087 said:

Only thing missing right now from Revenant is "Fixed a bug where swapping legends causes utility skills to change back to default position"

At this point I doubt they even know what causes it let alone have a clue how to fix it. It's been broken for 6 years and has caused my death innumerable times - proceeds to shiro roll off a cliff

• Like 1

I assume FB mantras will be fixed in 2025, at this rate. The confusion changes are nice. I think the damage should have been pushed to 75% of bleed in pve, since majority of mobs take 15 years to land a hit. But hey, this is big improvement. As someone who plays Mesmer a lot this is great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:
  • Medic's Feedback: Reduced revive pulse from 5% to 1% in PvP and WvW.

aahahahhaahahahahhaahahhahahhahahaswahewfraerhegrstahjbesrjhknlbegrstafiujhklneratgsikujhlnderfgtsjklhniugeryiuohjn;lkerswgnkljbwerftioujlgyrekhijnugrtehjknuighrbefdjknher

please learn how to balance this game properly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Hope you do bugfixes for triggered trait skills next, sometimes my guardian won't trigger the symbol on heal trait if I dodge or swap weapons during the aftercast. Same for the ranger one that drops mud when you heal. (It's not a cooldown issue)

Would also like to see every combo field trigger when you use a finisher, not just yours. So if you blast in a might and smoke field, you'll get might and stealth, not just one at random.

Edited by Dreggon.6598

5 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Guardian

– "Retreat!": Guardians never retreat, so this shout skill has been renamed "Advance!" The voice acting has been updated appropriately to say either "Advance!" or "Charge!" at random, for a little variety.

With this in mind is there a possibility of revisiting mantras on mesmer and firebrand to randomly shout some of the old voice lines when from charging mantras now when using charges?

Those voice lines were really cool and I would love to see them return 🙏

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Guardian

• "Retreat!": Guardians never retreat, so this shout skill has been renamed "Advance!" The voice acting has been updated appropriately to say either "Advance!" or "Charge!" at random, for a little variety.

Seems a silly thing to fix, since it's easy to just imagine the Guardian is telling allies to "Retreat!" while he, y'know, guards them. 

"

• Kinetic Accelerators: This trait now additionally increases your concentration by 10% of your power.
  • Applied Force: Bonus power per stack of might has been increased from 10 to 15. Might now provides reduced condition damage by the same amount. (Result: +45 Power, +15 Condition Damage per Stack of Might)"
  •  

you didn't think this thru for pvp at all thanks

• Like 2

Field and combo update gives me hope we will see a real class behind using such effects to get the most out of gw2 combat. Its what got me into this game in the first places and the lack and removal of effects realty made the game less fun to play over all.

Tempest is not in a good places and Weaver dmg is not enofe to have nothing else to do for a group as every thing dose about the same amount of dmg in pve now.

Its a small ish update for pve and spvp  no real wvw so there is hope for more i guess.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Field and combo update gives me hope we will see a real class behind using such effects to get the most out of gw2 combat. Its what got me into this game in the first places and the lack and removal of effects realty made the game less fun to play over all.

Tempest is not in a good places and Weaver dmg is not enofe to have nothing else to do for a group as every thing dose about the same amount of dmg in pve now.

Its a small ish update for pve and spvp  no real wvw so there is hope for more i guess.

Yeah it gives me hope too. As a Rev main I'm pretty hyped for it because mace will become such a more reliable might generating weapon in PvE now. 

Also for anyone interested, I believe this showcases the new light field ring as well as the finisher skill icons being lit up while within a field. Video should be timestamped, if not, check 1:14:48ish.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Yeah it gives me hope too. As a Rev main I'm pretty hyped for it because mace will become such a more reliable might generating weapon in PvE now. 

Also for anyone interested, I believe this showcases the new light field ring as well as the finisher skill icons being lit up while within a field. Video should be timestamped, if not, check 1:14:48ish.

Ok i see it thank you for point it out i am just hoping they are going to add in more combo / field effects for classes like what we use to have but where taken out of the game. (Like an ele elite spec. that is all about combos/ fields.) I truly miss core gw2 combo/ field game play.

Added note: @Josh Davis.7865 why was just weaver given a slightly stronger ability to stay alive in pve when core ele and tempest have less ability to stay alive then weaver to start with? They are dps classes too for pve or at least they are explained as such though doing "good dmg" and being in a "good places." What is the justification of these version of eles not getting a bit more self sustain and maintaining there dps like it seems the weaver is getting.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Like 1

So is it just me that is extremely concerned over what this line actually mean with it's "higher quality": 

Combo fields have received updated, higher quality visual effects. 

Because that sounds like a recipe for disaster in WvW zerging. We already have the red carpet of death covering every inch of the battlefield. Is zerg fights going to look like old PvE boss fights now, lol?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

"Retreat!": Guardians never retreat, so this shout skill has been renamed "Advance!" The voice acting has been updated appropriately to say either "Advance!" or "Charge!" at random, for a little variety.

Thank you very much for finally considering this after many years of feedback by many.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

do we want to provide the Dragon Hunter? the class in wvw is unbalanced, does more damage than a full dps weaver and mounts a heavy armor, do you ever check the wvw? have you not noticed that there is an abuse of dps guardians?around you see more guardian dps than npc...

Dawn of time the guardian serves to heal and protect, not to do more damage than the wizards, who walk around with a cloth armor and a spit of life,nerf DH.

Edited by Zedo.5804
  • Confused 2

I do like this patch. The combo changes look small but are nice, many bug fixes are really welcome and so are the QoL with mounts. I think a lot of people do not give enough appreciations to those changes.

Confusion : No opinion

Weaver : Maybe for solo gameplay? No idea, I play tempest when solo.

Engineer : So you really want to push scrapper in pve :) (not sure if this is enough), holo nerfs are welcome. It is good that you are thinking about elixir or mortar.

Guard : I remember a forum post about the name change some time ago, that seems like a big wink  ^^. I never experienced the fb bugs but it is good to see a fix

Mesmer : Standard values for rez. I used it on chrono 2 seasons ago it was fun 😄

Necro : Forcing a support trait to have the heal apply to allies is interesting. Obviously scourge is very delicate to balance in PvP. I think a mini cast on F5 would have been a good change but with all the values getting decreased it probably will not be needed.

Ranger : Usually I smile at ranger bugfixes because they are a staple of balance patches. I experience those bugs on a regular basis and just love the one wolf pack change. Thank you.

Revenant : ok.

Warrior : ok

Edited by aymnad.9023

12 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Scourge

As the community has observed, scourge has quickly become dominant in many game modes, from PvP to PvE.

Why do you still refuse to notice that holosmith for a long time totaly dominate in all raids and practically almost in all bosses as dps?

I am tired of these joke elementalist changes but at least it wasn't a nerf again this time. NOBODY uses healing power on a PvE dps spec!

Just give us a spec with a passive defense mechanic since elementalist is beyond ruined in PvE as an active defense class.

And make the god kitten staff playable again.

• Like 4

• Holosmith
  •  
  •             "Players can now use the mount key while in Photon Forge. Doing so will automatically deactivate Photon Forge."
  •             After 3 years ?! this was something that should have been consider since the mounts came up. 
  •  
  • "Mounting will no longer reset Photon Forge's heat level to 0." 
  • When you don´t know what else you can do to nerf  a class then you came up with this nonsense.
  •   

ANET, if you are out of ideas do NERF classes i can gave you a couple of them, nerf thief,  give only one speed or stealth, now both at the same time ? 

And how about nerf your favorite class GUARDIAN, a class that can fits in all gameplays no matter the spec you use.

Edited by Zeferino.3056
  • Confused 1