I don't believe Anet has ANY passion for Warrior.

Jzaku.9765

Watching the Willbender reveal live... seeing them put so much passion into making a class that's full of gap closers and stuns, the thought and effort that went into making sure the skills are usable, the Physical skills that flip over into a follow up attack to capitalize on their effects. 

Full Counter on their heal skill with Ammo on a 15s CD.

Fast casting Kick that stuns for 2s instead of knocks back on 20s CD. 

3 Gap closers with strong effects and stances built into the class in their F1-3 abilities.

And I think, isn't this what Warrior is supposed to play like baseline? I think about how many janky core skills we have that were never fixed. How much we have to give up just to get access to some good mobility, and the tradeoffs we need to make just to even scratch a FRACTION of what Willbender can pull off. 

I've never felt worse about this class. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Watching the Willbender reveal live... seeing them put so much passion into making a class that's full of gap closers and stuns, the thought and effort that went into making sure the skills are usable, the Physical skills that flip over into a follow up attack to capitalize on their effects. 

Full Counter on their heal skill with Ammo on a 15s CD.

3 Gap closers with strong effects and stances built into the class in their F1-3 abilities.

And I think, isn't this what Warrior is supposed to play like baseline? I think about how many janky core skills we have that were never fixed. How much we have to give up just to get access to some good mobility, and the tradeoffs we need to make just to even scratch a FRACTION of what Willbender can pull off. 

I've never felt worse about this class. 

"THROW BOLLAS"

Epic pog gameplay!! 

• Haha 1

Jokes aside, my faith is leaving me. Without being able to play the game a lot in summer due to work and with the continuous fall of warrior, I'm starting to be in a position where I may actually drop the game since it's not fun for me anymore. 

What's good to roam in WvW as a warrior of any spec and getting shut down by almost any thief, decent DH, Soulbeasts that pop from somewhere in the mid of your duel and pew pew you from 1500 range etc.

Not to mention how most classes have a means of dealing dmg while evading nowadays. Ranger? Check. Rev? Check. Thief? Check. Guardian? Check. Mesmer? Check. Elementalist? Check. Engi can't dodge while attacking but sure as hell can they make use of Explosive entrance blind and other sources. 

Warrior is stuck with Bull's charge which is a 0 dmg evade knockdown and stuff like flurry, kills hot, hundred blades. 

Imagine using Headbutt to break out of a stun and a random thief pistol 4 interrupts the Headbutt while casting! Lmao!! Now necros can do it too! 

Oh wait, I can use stab on movement with 1 stack every 10 sec 🤓

Mending? Hmm condi cleanse heal huh? Our most busted skill is this. A condi cleanse heal. Rage Skills? Meditations? Banners? Kick/Bollas/Stomp? Our stances are flat effects with nothing unique in using them. Arguably I'd say the most decent stance is Balanced Stance in that it offers boons and an effect. God forbid we get multu-purposed stances like Soulbeast and Weaver. 

Deafiant stance? Outdated. Herald precast facet of light and boom instant infuse light. Willbender denies lethal hits for heal and absorbs all Inc dmg, better even than full counter. Even AED on my core engi builds feels like a better heal. No it is! Shocking Aura and condi clear with a decent burst heal protecting me from death? Epic. 

Uuuhh, 0 condi clear on entering Berserk mode unless you trait cleansing ire for it. SIKE! OUTSIDE BERSERK IT'S A TRAIT WITH NO USE! 

Etc we've said everything before. But post willbender and Necro, welcome 2 new specs that can shut us down. Harbinger will outpace us lol. Willbender will even deny full counter with courage virtue.. 

As I've noted here before, I love playing a hammer warrior.

But playing later game content again this morning, I honestly don't believe there's anyone at ANet who plays with this particular combo.

From HoT onwards, playing as a hammer warrior is like playing on constant challenge mode, thanks to the ridiculous amount of blind spam.

@Grand Marshal.4098 You know what the sad part is, I think Willbender is based on some ideas for rework on Berserker from the Omnibus, the mobility, the sustain with procing heals when hitting , that one trait with resistance that lets you do kitten instead of getting blind or weakened all the time in melee that one part was the giveaway. Its kinda kitten betrayal on their part, the kittening blue class doesn't need even more variety when you consider that warrior has barely one build per mode and they kinda play the same.

And its not like warrior doesn't have solid base to work with for example spellbreaker would have made pretty good tank boon support for pve if it had support capabilities , but instead it got damage and it removes boons and they just continue to pump damage like they are kittening blind to their own design and what it can do. Or berserker which pumps kitten ton of damage in PVE but sucks in pvp since they decided something likem ow it is medium class(- 300 toughness) without giving it the medium class defenses like mobility or active defensives, it is still core warrior face tank but with all of the drawbacks of medium classes but non of the positives. 

Edited by Vancho.8750

10 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 You know what the sad part is, I think Willbender is based on some ideas for rework on Berserker from the Omnibus, the mobility, the sustain with procing heals when hitting , that one trait with resistance that lets you do kitten instead of getting blind or weakened all the time in melee that one part was the giveaway. Its kinda kitten betrayal on their part, the kittening blue class doesn't need even more variety when you consider that warrior has barely one build per mode and they kinda play the same.

And its not like warrior doesn't have solid base to work with for example spellbreaker would have made pretty good tank boon support for pve if it had support capabilities , but instead it got damage and it removes boons and they just continue to pump damage like they are kittening blind to their own design and what it can do. Or berserker which pumps kitten ton of damage in PVE but sucks in pvp since they decided something likem ow it is medium class(- 300 toughness) without giving it the medium class defenses like mobility or active defensives, it is still core warrior face tank but with all of the drawbacks of medium classes but non of the positives. 

Oh I noticed that ideas from the omnibus were used, but not for the intended class.

3 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I've always had a problem with our kick cast time. Even when I'm goofing off with builds, every time I try to equip kick, I think to myself that its too slow to be fun. That pause then jump and kick makes it feel so wrong. The range is goofy as well.

Have you ever played spellbreaker in WvW or banner slave in PvE? Warrior has lots of viable Meta builds, I wouldn't complain if I were you.

Guardian on the other hand struggles to be competitive in PvP as a support. You are getting a nice pistol Elite Spec in EoD, stay positive

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

they think that the warrior requires the least skill to play among all classes without realizing the fact that it is the most lacking in terms of capability to at least hit someone 2k++ crits while standing and pressing #2 skill on 1500 range..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Have you ever played spellbreaker in WvW or banner slave in PvE? Warrior has lots of viable Meta builds, I wouldn't complain if I were you.

Guardian on the other hand struggles to be competitive in PvP as a support. You are getting a nice pistol Elite Spec in EoD, stay positive

Nice pistol? Lmao

We will see about that

What's not to complain about? Banner slaves and Bubble bots are not warrior gaemplay. Roaming is what warriors need to do well. And there... Well... Our options fall short. 

Pick your poison: Strength Spellbreaker, or uuuhh strength spellbreaker. 

Core tactics is rn not as good as it used to be post reso change. 

Strength Zerker suffers a lot compared to strength spellbreaker even if it abuses MMR for constant heals and sustain. Berserkers will never be reworked. 

And other things amongst bad utilities which let warrior mains down. 

I find Soulbeast game play super boring (Stat carried spec with insane survivability even in Zerker gear), Rev is cheese with Shiro ports, Guards with core GS is the only fun build I find and it's subpar compared to 16k trueshots or trailblazer firebrands. Non-stealth thieves are fun. Etc etc

• Like 1

If Arenanet doesn't want to do anything meaningful for Warrior, I wish they would at least give Warrior a flat 20% increase in damage across all skills. That would at least get them a bit closer to the likes of Reaper and Holosmith.

Edited by Fueki.4753

2 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Well speaking from a PvE perspective I hardly disagree.

Banners? Sure they are nice. CC? Ye good too, nothing special though, since other classes do a lot as well. Damage? Well.. I dont want really more dps, I want more useful utility, a good defensive traitline, a good supportive traitline which can be also used as condi, QoL on berserker (manual exit, quickness on bursts etc). Not to mention that your mentioned PvE builds are literally the same. Difference between "support" and pure dps are two rage skills instead of banners(im not counting last blaze as a power dps as a real difference). Great diversity. Power berserker is strong and only requires fast clicking, not really fun. Condi is the fun build but less used in general by others since it requires some actual effort (and boons).

1 minute ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

idk but when boyce plays warrior, it seems its OP lol

Warrior in pvp is imo more capable of surviving outnumbered situations than WvW. That's cause the number of enemies is restricted to 5.

So my main complain comes from a WvW perspective where the enemies are zergs and blobs. 

And as far as counterplay goes on warrior we get plenty, unlike cough cough shocking Aura Tempests making 10 v 10 impossible with no Tempest from the other skirmish side. Yaaayyy good content! 

Oh and BTW, I'll gauge my eyes off b4 I play condi Zerker or condi core (tried, it fails). 

Even if the new spec is the most amazing spec of all time (which is on its own unlikely), it will make every war play that spec. When I compare to the options I get on guard or rev in every game mode... war just makes me sad.

Looking at the incoming changes preview, and the previous patch, doesn't make me hopeful that other changes are coming that would the profession vary more.

Edited by Hotride.2187

We have a lot of things that need updating to even make them playable in the current game, when the expansion comes out our rusty weapons, skills, and traits will seem even more outdated.

With how simple our class is and how the mechanics work we cant have subpar weapons, aftercasts, self roots, and the list goes on.

Thankfully I have the Diablo remaster to keep me busy if Warrior gets pooched.

It's not even that ANET has any passion for Warrior, it's more so that ANET wants to make money because ANET cares more about it then the game balance.

Being able to make money is just sadly, not about making balance decisions that make actual sense.

They are bad balance designers because all they care about is money. The sad part about this is people actually TOLERATED your garbage decisions in the past ANET, and yet you keep making bad balance decisions so the time where ANET will make "good balance decisions" and make money at the same time is over. People had faith back in pre-hot 2015, and after the expansions? People are just pissed off to care about your game.

ANET will simply default into making 3rd elite specs meta enforcing.

In fact, expect the new elite spec to make spellbreaker, core, and berserker to be even more obsolete. The sad part about this is some people actually enjoy that happening.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Nice pistol? Lmao

We will see about that

What's not to complain about? Banner slaves and Bubble bots are not warrior gaemplay. Roaming is what warriors need to do well. And there... Well... Our options fall short. 

Pick your poison: Strength Spellbreaker, or uuuhh strength spellbreaker. 

Core tactics is rn not as good as it used to be post reso change. 

Strength Zerker suffers a lot compared to strength spellbreaker even if it abuses MMR for constant heals and sustain. Berserkers will never be reworked. 

And other things amongst bad utilities which let warrior mains down. 

I find Soulbeast game play super boring (Stat carried spec with insane survivability even in Zerker gear), Rev is cheese with Shiro ports, Guards with core GS is the only fun build I find and it's subpar compared to 16k trueshots or trailblazer firebrands. Non-stealth thieves are fun. Etc etc

I found a lot of mileage out of Str 322 Tact 122 and Berz 131 with Runes of Earth. The Runes and DoA increase your incoming healing by 10% each. Ran that with Marauders. It was like running around with 5 stat armor.