Virtuoso Feedback Thread [Merged]

Daniel Handler.4816

12 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

i'm glad it has so much front burst

5 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Why confusion sign?

the whole class has been burst from core/chrono/mirage, how are you glad for that?

actual question, not troll-y, i would in all honesty like to know why people think this way, maybe then i can understand the devs decision making skills with more information on that

e-specs were supposed to shake things up, this literally didn't

it's just more dueling for the dueling class

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

The purple effects (several purple circles in the air) and other effects make my FPS tank. I got a 2080 and I don't have ambitions graphics settings. Its enough to have 1 mesmer with the new spec using whatever their abilities are, and I see FPS drops. This is not OK.

it is little hard to see in wvw because of camera angles, and the virtuosos blotting out the sky.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Thanks 1

I feel like it's dagger's abilities is missing some Mesmer Sounds/Looks.

The pink projectiles shot feels Mesmer. But, when you swing your weapon, the weapon doesn't have that pinkish glow and that Mesmer sound. The current dagger swing animation/sound feels kinda out of the mesmer theme..

• Like 3

for pvp.
elite is impossible to land, and the damage is low anyways.
shatters have kitten for damage, dagger 3 and 2 are a joke, 3 never does anything. 2 does almost nothing unless in melee rage, then hits for ~2k.
no real synergy with anything, LOADS of traits dont work simply due to " no illusions "
tried using heal on illu summon signet/insp trait, 0 healing for it.
healing skill is really easy to cancel if you just move too much, which is annoying.

suggestions.
1 give IP to the spec
2 do something about dagger 3, maybe let us choose where the thing will stop and it will spin in place?
3 give synergy between blades and illusions, its you deem it too strong, make it at least work with half the effect, better then having loads of useless traits.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

its very fun , and enjoyable . few points that i would critisize ,  the new shatters kind of take away the main downside of playing shatter mesmer gs in competitive content , which is that the shatters are stationary . but i think increasing the cast time of the shatters to 1/2 sec would make it easier to deal with in general . i love the new sword 3 its very enjoyable and it fixed the clunkiness that sword mesmer always felt it had  , blade renewal currently feel too strong , maybe lower the blade it generate so it doesnt allow players to just cast shatter 4 right after ultimatly overturning fights in an unfair way , the elite is very bad currently it needs some work the dmg is good but its too slow and hard to use 

Really liking the virtuoso so far.  Very fluid and good damage.  I did notice that some of the flashier skills made the combat lag for 1-2 seconds, which could be critical in PvP and WvW.  I don't quite understand the trait 'Mental Focus' and the short distance needed (600).  The spec seems to be set up better for long range but this trait is forcing players to get up close to activate.  Increasing the distance on this trait would be a more viable option for long range.

1 minute ago, achronis.3597 said:

Really liking the virtuoso so far.  Very fluid and good damage.  I did notice that some of the flashier skills made the combat lag for 1-2 seconds, which could be critical in PvP and WvW.  I don't quite understand the trait 'Mental Focus' and the short distance needed (600).  The spec seems to be set up better for long range but this trait is forcing players to get up close to activate.  Increasing the distance on this trait would be a more viable option for long range.

Agreed, it would also pair up nicely with greatsword which is the only other weapon to get the Blade skill fact. (This should be changed for swords and possibly spears as well).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you can, you can even shoot shatters through your back

But when i move it cancels the shatter. I guess it’s just the cast time that’s the issue.

Really loving the casting animation as a throwback to Guild Wars 1 🙂 So hopefully it isn’t removed but instead just reduced perhaps.

Edited by FranzM.1298
  • Haha 2

Below are some ideas that I think would be cool with the Virtuoso or inspire some concepts to add to it. 

New F1-F4 "Empowered" Bladesong Attacks

When at maximum stacks of Blades, your Bladesongs additionally become empowered:

F1 Empowered Harmony: Increased damage and Unblockable. 

F2 Empowered Sorrow: Deals increased damage per condition on the target and Unblockable.

F3 Empowered Dissonance: Combine all your blades into one large blade that stuns your target and Unblockable.

F4 Empowered Requiem: Grant yourself protection, resolution, resistance and stability.

New Trait Ideas

New Jagged Mind: Your precision is increased. Every 15s your next attack removes 2 boons from your enemy.

Idea #1

Psionic skills grant Might and have improved effects, but have an increased recharge:

Blade Renewal: Lose a condition per pulse.

Rain of Swords: Removes 2 boons per pulse.

Psychic Force: Knockback increased.

Sword of Decimation: Knockdown for 1s.

Thousand Cuts: Duration Increased.

Idea #2

When you activate a Bladesong, your next Bladesong will remove 5 boons but have an increased cooldown.

• New Dagger Skill#3 Unstable Bladestorm: No longer moves. You manifest a Telekientic storm of Blades at the target location, dealing damage, a random non damaging condition and expanding with each interval. Standing within the storm gives you 1s of protection.

• New Twin Blade Restoration: No longer deals damage and instead will grant you two stocks of Blades.

• New Psychic Force: No longer does an aoe attack and instead, breaks stuns and fires a blast of telekinetic energy that launches your foe.

• New Sword of Decimation: Calls forth a giant Psionic Blade at the target location, dealing damage and immobilizing enemies upon impact, then leaves a bed of shattered blades on the ground, inflicting cripple and weakness to foes who walk through it.

• New Sword of Decimation: Manifests Psionic Blade structures in a cascade forward, damaging, immobilizing and causing weakness to foes.

• New Thousand Cuts: Instead of the skill being a straight line attack, it instead will send an unblockable Psionic Blade that lashes out at enemies. Think of the attack as the Smokescales Smoke Assault but instead of the player attacking, you instead use a Psionic Blade. Gain a random boon each time your blade damages a foe. Damage is increased against foes with boons on them.

• New Psionic Skill: Cause pillars of Psionic Blades to erupt at that target location, dealing damage, removing boons and dazing enemies.

• New Psionic Skill: Spin around and away from your target, evading attacks and throwing Psionic daggers that damage, cripple and weakness to nearby foes. Has 2 charges.

• New Psionic Skill: Gain stability and stomp the ground, causing psionic blade constructs to erupt, dealing damage, crippling and weakness. The more Blades you have stocked, the more damage you deal.
Edited by Tseison.4659
Added more ideas for new Psionic skills and changes to current utilities.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alpha.1308 said:

the whole class has been burst from core/chrono/mirage, how are you glad for that?

actual question, not troll-y, i would in all honesty like to know why people think this way, maybe then i can understand the devs decision making skills with more information on that

e-specs were supposed to shake things up, this literally didn't

it's just more dueling for the dueling class

There is a difference though Chronomancer seems like its mostly built up maybe its me because i'm bad but it seems as if its so focused on shattering for alacricity to get the cds lower and build up of illusions feels slow, while burst here seems much faster than chrono for me and there is huge buildup of vulnerability really easily. when i'm in fractals, by the time i get enough illusions to get alacricity to shatter and get illusions, mobs are long dead.

I can't speak for mirage since i've never played or haven't tested it since it came out, which was like 4 years ago or whatever.

IF you don't notice that your able to burst easier with virtuoso i dunno what to say man, it seemed like you had the kind of burst reaper had maybe even higher dmg 

Edited by Axl.8924