Harbinger Feedback Thread [Merged]

Fire Attunement.9835

WVW harbinger feedback here. With this shroud, we need our utilities! We are sacrificing health and no second health bar. Damage was just ok. How is shroud 5 supposed to work in competitive modes the radius is so small and the harbinger shroud animation is a monster telegraph, it just begs move out of this real quick to avoid danger. Pistol feels good in shroud, but out of shroud weak and boring. Sorry, but I think harbinger is going to end up a boon bot, which is ok, if that's what you want. MY FEEDBACK FOR ARENA NET. 

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

WVW harbinger feedback here. With this shroud, we need our utilities! We are sacrificing health and no second health bar. Damage was just ok. How is shroud 5 supposed to work in competitive modes the radius is so small and the harbinger shroud animation is a monster telegraph, it just begs move out of this real quick to avoid danger. Pistol feels good in shroud, but out of shroud weak and boring. Sorry, but I think harbinger is going to end up a boon bot, which is ok, if that's what you want. MY FEEDBACK FOR ARENA NET. 

You know there is no "pistol in shroud"? Shroud skills completely replace weapon ones. So in short you don't like pistol, cause there's only one set of pistol skills.

Crazy sustain, I have no idea what people are talking about. The spec is incredibly tanky if built right. 

It is even better than I thought because blight does not stop the regeneration as it seemed in the presentation.

Blood magic, soul reaping, harbinger is new necro meta for competitive if the spec doesn't get the nerf bat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Crazy sustain, I have no idea what people are talking about. The spec is incredibly tanky if built right. 

It is even better than I thought because blight does not stop the regeneration as it seemed in the presentation.

Blood magic, soul reaping, harbinger is new necro meta for competitive if the spec doesn't get the nerf bat.

The problem is that you simply cant go all out dps stats on the harbinger due to the inherent fragility. How much damage are you giving up to be able to live easier?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

The problem is that you simply cant go all out dps stats on the harbinger due to the inherent fragility. How much damage are you giving up to be able to live easier?

The regeneration is extremely good. I don't see any issues in PvE besides getting oneshot by a boss, but that's something every class has to deal with.

For PvP: just go valkyre + speed rune.

For WvW smallscale: just go soldier + speed rune. (for WvW zerging: marauder of course)

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Several things are immediately apparent in pvp. When built to be tanky harbinger is far far far too strong. You can easily maintain 1000+ healing per second from shroud alone, and if you dont take elixir utilities you rarely get above 10 blight stacks. Life force generation is also way to high. This is true for all necros but its far stronger on harbinger.

In addition to the ludicrous self sustain, harbinger also has multiple hard ccs and good mobility. Pair that with near condi immunity from transfers and conversion into life force, and you have an insanely overpowered bunker class.

Some changes that need to happen:

- Reduce life force generation across all necro traitlines and elite specs.

- Reduce passive healing from harbinger shroud, as well as blood magic.

As for mechanical changes to harbinger:

- I would like to see more interaction with blight - there should be reason to have higher blight stacks in pvp.

- Dropping in an out of shroud is far too forgiving. the 15% life force from corrupted talent allows harbingers to get some free healing for next to no penalty.

- Maybe a cooldown should be added similar to holo forge, where the harbinger cant enter and then immediately drop out of shroud after using a high impact skill. Additionally shroud skills could add blight stacks so there is more of a cost to using them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

You trying this out in PVE? Yeah, good sustain. Have you tried this out in WvW mode fighting other players? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

You trying this out in PVE? Yeah, good sustain. Have you tried this out in WvW mode fighting other players? 

I played 10 minutes in PvE and then switched to PvP and WvW.

It is a no brainer that I don't enter WvW with a zerker or marauder harbinger. This gear is trash on every necro spec outside the zerg.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, KrHome.1920 said:

I played 10 minutes in PvE and then switched to PvP and WvW.

It is a no brainer that I don't enter WvW with a zerker or marauder harbinger. This gear is trash on every necro spec outside the zerg.

Cool. Next WvW I'll try will be tanky as crap - well, using whatever Runes they supply us with (I noticed I can't access Runes of Tormenting). I tried Plaguedoctor with some different Runes, and got squished quickly. 

1 minute ago, misterman.1530 said:

Cool. Next WvW I'll try will be tanky as crap - well, using whatever Runes they supply us with (I noticed I can't access Runes of Tormenting). I tried Plaguedoctor with some different Runes, and got squished quickly. 

Build:

[&DQgTPTInQCXnGuca6xrrGtca1xq9Ab0B6BroGgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Pistol + Focus / Dagger + Warhorn / Cleansing + Energy Sigil on both sets

Soldier or Valkyre / Speed Rune

Feels like teef if you do it right. Extremely mobile and fast. If you die too much against rangers (shouldn't happen on soldier gear) then change one of the 2 utility elixiers to CPC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

What everyone else said + 
Why pistol? Who came up with that decision? How did you come up with that decision? Necromancer doesn't need any more ranged weapons. 
Hammer. Hammer is what necromancers need. 

P.S.: Couldn't you just give legendaries to beta characters instead of clustering inventories with rare gear? Oh and why are beta characters allowed in RANKED spvp? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JiggyStar.6204 said:

What everyone else said + 
Why pistol? Who came up with that decision? How did you come up with that decision? Necromancer doesn't need any more ranged weapons. 
Hammer. Hammer is what necromancers need. 

P.S.: Couldn't you just give legendaries to beta characters instead of clustering inventories with rare gear? Oh and why are beta characters allowed in RANKED spvp? 

I would have given them the mace, personally

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Build:

[&DQgTPTInQCXnGuca6xrrGtca1xq9Ab0B6BroGgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Pistol + Focus / Dagger + Warhorn / Cleansing + Energy Sigil on both sets

Soldier or Valkyre / Speed Rune

Feels like teef if you do it right. Extremely mobile and fast. If you die too much against rangers (shouldn't happen on soldier gear) then change one of the 2 utility elixiers to CPC.

You aren't fooling anyone if you think a character in soldier gear would be able to kill any competent duelist.

• Like 4

I am getting 30k+ on dps golem in PvE with Harbinger. I am sure others who are better than me can get 40k dps. Comparatively I get 25k dps on Scourge. I also didn't get more than like 16 or so stacks of Blight. But I wasn't using any elixirs though.

Edited by Aravind.9610

I'm a big fan of the new Harbinger Shroud. Very fun to play with mechanically. This is already my favorite Necro spec. 

The Blight mechanic is still a little underutilized. Which ties in nicely with the next point, but besides the might/fury elixir and the elite elixir, I don't find the elixirs very interesting. I think they should interact more with Blight. Perhaps mechanics like, removes all blight from you, but also removes all your boons. Suppress all Blight build up for 30 seconds, and then receive maximum Blight. Share all Blight with nearby enemies. 

Just a few suggestions. 

I'd also like to see nicer graphics for the elixirs, to better differentiate them. It'll be easier to draw on inspiration, once the skills are redone. 

Overall, I think this is a great addition, and I look forward to see some new mechanics introduced with elixirs and blight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do not at all like the feel of the pistol. All other necromancer weapons have a suitable touch of death magic in them. With dagger you can do magical self harm, greatsword surrounds itself with death magic. Pistol on the other hand, has the options to shoot, to shoot rapidly, or to shoot improvised ammunition. The animations on pistol aren't any better; if I am not mistaken, they are carbon copies from other classes.

The entire weapon feels dull, unimaginative and not at all like a necromancer. It desperately needs to be re-imagined to be more in line with the general theme and feel of the class.  If nothing else can be done, I think necromancer should at least get a different pistol firing sound to make it sound like like there is at least a bit magic involved in the use of the weapon.

As another note, I dearly hope that all of the harbinger skill icons are placeholders. Why are the pistol skill icons just different pictures of pistols? Why are the elixir icons so clinical? Most of all, why on Earth are all the icons blue?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

This is pvp percepctive.

-Boon share is op when harbingers are stacked in a team fight. 

-shroud felt good but I struggled to maintain life force not specifically built for it. 

-I feel that elixers offering blight upfront makes them always a better option.

-I liked critting for 9k with lich.

-d/x felt really good in this build paired with wells.

-you are food if focused.

• Like 1