Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

14 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Ay chance we will get swimgear this summer?

Given they ignored this easy win for over 10 years and instead chose to put out disturbing things like the Special Ops armour or the kitty cat skins, I'd say the chances for swimsuit armour are slimmer than ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Well we have savage scale for metal, and tattoo armor for leather.  A cloth varient would be nice.  If only they would ditch the loincloth.

Actual swimsuits would be better of course.  A bikini would be nice, and speedos for the guys. A one-piece swimsuit for both would do if they can't give us bikinis.

Since they have boots that generate pants, I assume that they can make one-piece swimsuits with that method.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Actual swimsuits would be better of course.  A bikini would be nice, and speedos for the guys.

The male version of the bikini armour chest piece could be a bare chest skin that many have asked for over the years.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Nah, add changing tents to set zones on/near beach areas instead. 😄 

...since apparently we're still repeating what was already said multiple times in this very same thread by the same people? I'm sure this will make the thread go in a whole new direction! 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

. 😄

I'm sure this will make the thread go in a whole new direction! 🤷‍♂️

I thought that it was just a reminder for the devs every summer. 

The savage scale, and tattoo sets are nice.  They are almost what I want.  Almost.

When I am satisfied I will stop contributing to the subject.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Try checking the changing tents 😄

I slowly open the tent flap...Larant- 

*creepy music*

Wtf are you doing wearing spider web lingerie...? Do you want to know more? 

*somewhere out there, angry people are angry because of stupid references and stupid sexy Laranthir.*

New meds, who dis?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

On 6/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, Tsakhi.8124 said:

I slowly open the tent flap...Larant- 

*creepy music*

Wtf are you doing wearing spider web lingerie...? Do you want to know more? 

*somewhere out there, angry people are angry because of stupid references and stupid sexy Laranthir.*

New meds, who dis?

"I'm them angry people!" is what I thought at first... But finding love can just as well include spiderweb lingerie for all I know. I'm pretty sure Snargle would approve 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Portable beach!

Hey, the noodle stands sold so well. Maybe we could get a little cabana-changing area "chair".

A beach changing tent has been requested many times too. Idk, if ANet is not comfortable seeing half naked players killing bosses in the OP, let the tent be a guild hall decoration item then. It can be used only in Guild Halls. We have plenty of water bodies in those Halls and many times I do afk in those water but I have to sacrifice an equipment template just to quickly remove and put back on my armour and stuff. I just feel so silly to dip in the water with all my gears and weapons.

Sell them as gem store item if they cost too much resources to make. I really cannot understand what is wrong to make gem store items for hall decorations? They don't affect gameplay and will definitely sell well 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheGrimoire.4039 said:

I don't understand this obsession with swimsuits. 
Just take your armor off, problem solved.

For human women the underwear is a unpleasant yellow, the lace on it looks particularly bad in that color. At least Norn women get pelts for underwear.

It is almost as if the original dev team didn't want us to ever take off our armor.  That would be fine, if we could wear dye-able swimsuits.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

An invisible aquabreather skin that replaces our clothing with a swimsuit? 

That way it only shows up in water, even if just swimming on the surface.  Good for skiff socializing. 

I am not sure how the dye channels would work.  You couldn't preview it unless you were in the water. 

Edit: actually this is more of a compromise than I want, so nevermind.  I would like to wear a swimsuit in that Hammock or on a floating beach towel.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
2nd thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3