The wvw mount was slowed down way too much — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

The wvw mount was slowed down way too much

aandiarie.7195aandiarie.7195 Member ✭✭✭

In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

Some people can outrun my mount on foot.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

<1

Comments

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aandiarie.7195 said:
    In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

I like my mount. What class outruns you?

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well seeing how one buff warclaw provides now is unmounted near one will get warclaw speed plus they still have acess to leaps and teles etc it probably seems they are going faster. They just removed the extra boost you got in territory's you owned. It is annoying how many nerfs which were all basically to cater to the ganker type players who were mad they were losing out on too many fights

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:

Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

At least not the ones that know how to set up.

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

@Jaruselka.5943 said:
    Shouldn't have had a mount in WvW to begin with. It's nothing more than a marketing stunt. It should be removed along with gliding, tactivators and banners.

It's not. They added mounts so, when out of combat, you did not had to switch weapon or utility to get Swiftness.

@ASP.8093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

Why do you consider this to be a problem?

I don’t consider it a problem at all. I actually don’t care that I can’t catch them since I don’t waste time once they’re running away. I simply wanted to share what I see first hand. If a thief wants to run away that’s all good. If he turns to fight then he’s dead. That’s about it.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

@Mil.3562 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

I consider that a problem too. As for the reasons, read thru OP's posts again. And search for many such topics too.

We are not asking for a buff. We are hopping that ANet would for once listen to the non gankers. OP, WvW veterans are not the ones that asked for the many nerfs, if you read those forum posts carefully before Warclaw was crippled, many were roamers who liked to go solo or form small groups, hide and then jumped on unsuspecting players. They whined and cried the loudest in rhe forum, until today.

At least make the Warclaw's movement faster in our own zone, like before.

You know gankers can use mounts too right? If you're clearing a sentry and they get the gap close on you with a free attack, what chance do you have again?

Plus many of don't need a mount to dismount anyone either. Even before mounts I could dismount anyone that doesn't dodge with soulbeast. What about those 3-4 gank groups on comms that do coordinate their damage? So..... false sense of security if anything.

• @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

I mean,. the same people that say the mount are useless are probably the same people that get on it immediately the moment they see an enemy player lol. So you know what? You can disprove me easily of course. Just never use your mount and see how that goes.

To make things worse, the mounts scale with damage modifiers. I've been experimenting using soulbeast and I have hit people for 13-15k on a single dismount.

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:

Thieves before the mount speed change could outrun warclaw

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:

If so then not near as easily as now. I caught many of them before then mowed them down with my soulbeast. Now I can’t catch them at all.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

The problem is not the mount. It's the massive amount of players using wvw to kill other players fun by using game mechanics which should not exist in that way.. so.. it is nothing but a balance issue in the end imo. New expansion will solve all these things :D

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

Well it's also pretty disappointing to be given a game mode, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have your favorite playstyle taken away. The mount was OP as kitten before the nerf.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    Blame all the so-called "wvw veterans" who cried all time since release for it to be nerfed down to abyss.

correction and do research some more; veterans asked for no mounts

T.Y.V.M

by the way, mount was released as a marketing tool to boost profit sales....nothing more...same goes for downstate.
    see>mount cosmetics-skins etc...
    see market strategy> soon after released>nerfed

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

I mean,. the same people that say the mount are useless are probably the same people that get on it immediately the moment they see an enemy player lol. So you know what? You can disprove me easily of course. Just never use your mount and see how that goes.

To make things worse, the mounts scale with damage modifiers. I've been experimenting using soulbeast and I have hit people for 13-15k on a single dismount.

Looks like Soulbeast still needs nerfs lol.

Return the original evade distance. Return the original speed. I want to roam quicker and get to fights quicker. kitten the QQers who couldn't adapt to the mount meta.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    Blame all the so-called "wvw veterans" who cried all time since release for it to be nerfed down to abyss.

It's not the WvW veterans, it's the Forumwarrior Gankers. They whine for Arenanet to change the game to suit them, and Arenanet duly oblige. Twas ever thus.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:

Running up the stairs on red map, every class can beat you and in open field Thief can, at the very least.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

If so then not near as easily as now. I caught many of them before then mowed them down with my soulbeast. Now I can’t catch them at all.

So, in conclusion: faster mounts mostly just allow easier chase/gank without investing resources in mobility?

• NuhDah.9812NuhDah.9812 Member ✭✭✭

The nerf of the mount was a good change. The mount still serves the purpose it was introduced in wvw for, making everyone able to run at the same pase as their zerg buddies, preventing stealth 1shots or other sort of uncoordinated gank, and allows you to avoid most of the fights even without investing anything into mobility. All this while not making it unfair to people who highly invest in mobility, not letting you be able to avoid all fights (since this is a warzone after all) and not making you absurdly mobile without any trade offs, to just enable you to chase/gank people limitlessly as someone above mentioned.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭

and they can jump vertically so high as if they were poked from their underbelly by some stick.

@ASP.8093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So, in conclusion: faster mounts mostly just allow easier chase/gank without investing resources in mobility?

BAM! Nailed it!

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

BAM! Nailed it!

Outside of gank, this is also why some builds don't use warhorn, staffs or things that used to drop swiftness because mounts :3

• mikdepadua.8376mikdepadua.8376 Member ✭✭✭

Also, ganking is a perfectly viable way to play WvW. > @Mil.3562 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

I consider that a problem too. As for the reasons, read thru OP's posts again. And search for many such topics too.

We are not asking for a buff. We are hopping that ANet would for once listen to the non gankers. OP, WvW veterans are not the ones that asked for the many nerfs, if you read those forum posts carefully before Warclaw was crippled, many were roamers who liked to go solo or form small groups, hide and then jumped on unsuspecting players. They whined and cried the loudest in rhe forum, until today.

At least make the Warclaw's movement faster in our own zone, like before.

Mounts shouldn't be an "avoid all combat when I want" mechanic so im fine with it like hits. IMO mounts weren't nerfed enough, if you ask me the jump shouldn't have an evade tied to it.

If you are not asking for a buff, but you want anet to listen to you so what are you asking for? The mere fact that mounts are in WvW shows that ANet listened to YOU, the "i need to be in my zerg" crowd.

Ganking is a perfectly viable playstyle in wvw, and I enjoy standing between your spawn point and your zerg to try to delay the pugs from reaching their zerg as quickly.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2020

yeah feels like riding a snail

• @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Looks like Soulbeast still needs nerfs lol.

Return the original evade distance. Return the original speed. I want to roam quicker and get to fights quicker. kitten the QQers who couldn't adapt to the mount meta.

You could do it with other classes as well. E.g. warhorn on warriors. Devs just need to make it so that buffs do not affect mounts. And this includes Aegis on guardians when they're on mounts.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

A speedboost only in enemy territory and near recently captured objectives (5 min like RI) would be nice.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

The devs can only do a plus minus regularly until the right setup is achieved.

Imo. I want a char cycle skin

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I was playing this weekend and watching people on warclaw, its amazing how clueless these people are on what they have. I was trying to dismount a thief I had been chasing, went for lance, and he dodged it, so I keep following, I see 4 friendlies he is running towards, I think "great, finally someone will dismount him" as mine was still on the looooong kitten CD.....He gets close to them and every single one uses battle maul at him.....?!?!?!?!?!? My brain about exploded. I see this more and more, people don't seem to know there is even a dismount skill, I even see it in people running at me, I am just waiting for them to turn or dodge or something, but nope, I dismount and kill in about 10 seconds.

Some people may not have leveled lance. Come to think about it I would have no idea of the leveling priority myself now. One would probably would want the first 3 levels of gliding and mount. And then I'm wondering why autoloot is even locked to begin with.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020

usually something is balanced and great in it's vanilla release and people QQ and that something will deteriorate to pure suckiness...

... without waiting things to be settled on its own and to get that something fit the current gameplay.

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Lol, warclaw was anything but balanced on release, and still isn't but people turn a blind eye on the issues it still has.

Technically speaking, pre-mount is Vanilla....

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

edited May 26, 2020

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:
    usually something is balanced and great in it's vanilla release and people QQ and that something will deteriorate to pure suckiness...

... without waiting things to be settled on its own and to get that something fit the current gameplay.

Waiting for things to be settled on its own? When has that ever done anything?

About those alliances....

Variants of "Wait and See" and "adapt" are generic empty statements because they have no substance, as they can be technically true in any instance while contributing nothing. For example, Anet could shut down WvW indefinitely, and one could still make the point that you just have to wait and see what happens and just trust in their infinite wisdom. Adapt (by playing pve)

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I was playing this weekend and watching people on warclaw, its amazing how clueless these people are on what they have. I was trying to dismount a thief I had been chasing, went for lance, and he dodged it, so I keep following, I see 4 friendlies he is running towards, I think "great, finally someone will dismount him" as mine was still on the looooong kitten CD.....He gets close to them and every single one uses battle maul at him.....?!?!?!?!?!? My brain about exploded. I see this more and more, people don't seem to know there is even a dismount skill, I even see it in people running at me, I am just waiting for them to turn or dodge or something, but nope, I dismount and kill in about 10 seconds.

Some people may not have leveled lance. Come to think about it I would have no idea of the leveling priority myself now. One would probably would want the first 3 levels of gliding and mount. And then I'm wondering why autoloot is even locked to begin with.

I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

Sometimes it's like people never read their tooltips.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@LetoII.3782 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

Hey well it's a way of hurting you when staying on the mount! You see, people don't want to ever leave it, despite how useless they claim it to be.

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

The Lance tickle is a tactic to keep people "in combat," or to pop Aegis before you Maul. Since it doesn't dismount you unless you hit a rider, there's very little downside if you're about to jump off your mount anyway.

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ASP.8093 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

The Lance tickle is a tactic to keep people "in combat," or to pop Aegis before you Maul. Since it doesn't dismount you unless you hit a rider, there's very little downside if you're about to jump off your mount anyway.

Indeed, if you don't lance them and they are not in combat, they can mount, leaving them mounted and you unmounted and in combat, since they are in combat, they move slower and you can troll for a while, as the mount has no combat speed. I do this all the time, if you are charging me and don't lance me (when I am on foot), I will wait for maul and mount right away while dodging, resulting in them often times blowing an opening CC or burst as well, then troll around for a second while they blow more CDs trying to dismount me, mind you I have no plans on avoiding the fight, just putting them at a disadvantage because so few know what the mount can do. Which is another reason mounts are stupid and have no place in a competitive mode.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore