Number of people doing Living World Meta Achievements is Declining - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Number of people doing Living World Meta Achievements is Declining

2>

Comments

• I would love to see the numbers for LWS4 too, it's pretty interesting.
    As for me, episodes 1 and 4 in IBS were the ones which didn't really do it for me. I enjoy farming Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood though. I like the grind in No Quarter and Jormag Rising achievements but hey, I enjoyed farming and grinding in games like metin2. I have to go back to ep1 map and do most of the achievements but I guess it's going to take some time due to it being less populated than others.

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

@HakuroDK.9385 said:
    Also, you want to -really- entice me? Do that, and make the final reward a converter for that map's currency/crafting materials. That'll light a fire under me to get going on those metas! Do you know how many Eitrite Ingots I have that I can't use!?! If I can convert 250 of them into a single Iron or even Silver Ore, I'll be content!

More converters would be nice but eitrite ingots are a bad example. You can just merch those, for well over 1g per stack. (Can't remember the exact figure.)

I'd love one for hatched chilis.

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

I can understand the decline perfectly, because it reflects what I experience myself:
    e.g. Drizzlewood South + North meta? Way too long! I did the North meta twice, just by coincidence, loading to a map that was about to finish.
    e.g. Grothmar Valley ... those champs that spawn randomly after a meta is done and get killed in 2 minutes? No thank you.
    e.g. Bjora Marches ... long meta again, two "phases" doing each (including the long and now prone to fail Drakkar fight). I still have a job and life that requires time.
    e.g. silly weapon collections that need you to grind map currency, dump extra gold and stuff on them, you most likely do not need as an exotic weapon for your main characters? Every meta achievement seems to include them now. :(
    e.g. Needing to not go for the Essence mastery lines to be able to have the "required" mastery points for the new mastery lines that are added, because there hardly is any leeway in mastery points (unless you do weapon collections and kill Strike boss 50 times, or magically get that first Praise Koda event to happen...)
    e.g. artificially prolonging the "experience" in Drizzlewood with the special missions. Every sane person has bought the unlocking scrolls to be able to work on the achievements from the start, because they only count participation once you unlock them.

I hate to have to quote the "Manifesto Trailer" again, but just listen to Colin's statements at around 1:25 min for some nostalgia of what GW2 had been when it started.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

I dislike grinding in all it's forms. I can do it, if it's not too tedious to see your progress. These achievements however are excessive. If it's counter intuitive to do a thing continuously, I simply will not.

• @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@HakuroDK.9385 said:
    Also, you want to -really- entice me? Do that, and make the final reward a converter for that map's currency/crafting materials. That'll light a fire under me to get going on those metas! Do you know how many Eitrite Ingots I have that I can't use!?! If I can convert 250 of them into a single Iron or even Silver Ore, I'll be content!

More converters would be nice but eitrite ingots are a bad example. You can just merch those, for well over 1g per stack. (Can't remember the exact figure.)

I'd love one for hatched chilis.

I... didn't even think of that. I'm dumb.

• Solvar.7953Solvar.7953 Member ✭✭✭

So while original achievements in GW2 were grindy, they were not tied to metas. I've still not gotten the slayer for killing 1000 of some of the creatures, but am slowly getting there, and I can do them on most any map (presuming it has those creatures), and a mix of activities.
    In comparison, the meta achievements tend to have to be done on one map, with a singular activity to get to them. I'll eventually kill 1000 ettins, but unless I actually play Bjora Marches map, I'll never progress on most of those achievements.