End of Dragons Development Updates - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

End of Dragons Development Updates - [Merged]

Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 23, 2021 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So the current contenders of GW2 - NW and AoC - are unreleased games that are now looking to be launched (NW) or have its alphas starting (AoC) around the same time we're expecting the EoD expansion to GW2. The difference is how these games post development updates and showcase some of the cool stuff that's coming, whereas Anet continue in their same style of not sharing anything - and with an upcoming expansion in a competitive MMO market, isn't it about time they market it a little and at least give us a little update on something coming to help build a little hype and interest in their upcoming product.

My guild(s) are all looking ahead to NW and AoC and preparing for these games because those games are publishing articles that give some insight into what's coming. Of course, GW2 is different being already established and players already being max level / power, etc. I'm not talking about Anet giving away what the elite specs will be, nor any new features they're going to surprise us with, but glimpses and artwork of Cantha, some stories as background to what's taking us there.

Possibly the conclusion to Champions will make some of this unfold naturally, but simply knowing 'xpac is coming' may be enough for me (a die-hard fan of the Guild Wars universe), but for many other players it isn't.

Northerner @ Dragon Season
Seafarer's Rest since launch!

<13

Comments

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

The last two expansions have had release an info dump/trailer for better or worse on the last episode of the season leading into it. HoT seemed like it was stretched too long with it being 8 months and the hyped for it was a bit strained. Then PoF got everything in one announcement trailer 8 weeks before it dropped, which seemed too fast and couldn't really gather the hype it deserved for it imo. If they maybe 4 months out did a bit info drop about a date, the big 'thing' to get people in (gliding for HoT; mounts for PoF) showed us some visuals and what not. Then maybe drop a trailer. And do like weekly lead into EoD with small tidbits about elite specs and so forth. I think they did nail that really well with how they dropped info weekly about the elite specs going into HoT with a teaser pic then a live stream for each one. Doesn't have to be exactly that, but those were really fun to follow along with.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

AoC is entering alpha this year. That's still a LONG way off from a release. So long that it might not even happen in 2022. The game does look quite nice, especially if the intended game play loop works out.

NW was just now postponed a 3rd time to August 31st, 2021. The common experience of games which are continually postponed as well as Amazon Studio games is: at best mediocre products in both cases. Not saying people can't get hyped about it, some of the players from my WvW guild certainly are too, but really curb your expectations because so far, going by development red flags, this game is not out to be the groundbreaking experience many believe it to be. Pair that with mediocre betas last year and well Amazon Games has a lot of work to do.

That said, sure a bit better PR would go a long way Guild Wars 2 EoD wise, something in between the time-span of HoT and PoF, not to long, not to short. Doubtful that NW or AoC will have the great effect on GW2 people believe. FF14 and ESO are currently direct competitors and those games have released trailers recently for this year content updates which were well received.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021

Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

1)Concept art of new elites? - They are already set in stone now, at the very least you can indicate what each new elite will focus..we don't even need gameplay video

2)Hint for new features....alliances? legendary armory?

3)Location of the new expansion like possible locations?

4)Monsterpedia?

After one whole year not even a single new info....

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Greg.7086Greg.7086 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 In my humble opinion I'm 99% certain Anet will not give us any info at all until either very, very near or the day before release day, for the same old reason in MMO Life: " In case they fail to deliver what they say they will and then get burnt hard by the Community for not delivering it ".

I've kind of adopted the approach with Anet now that I will just enjoy the game here and now, and play it as it is. If and when something big, and game-chaning happens then great, but I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up for it or get sucked into any hype for EoD: Only sets you up for disappointment if things don't meet your expectations. I'm not a big fan of the IceBrood Saga story-telling ( solo-esque stuff ), would way prefer some big over-haul / update on Group play game-modes: WvW, sPvP, Raids or re-work of current Dungeons with boosted bosses & rewards ( DRM's are just awful: Recycled terrible content ): But sadly i cannot see Anet investing resources in WvW & sPvP as I don't think in general the players in these game modes bring in much revenue for them.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:
    Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

1)Concept art of new elites? - They are already set in stone now, at the very least you can indicate what each new elite will focus..we don't even need gameplay video

2)Hint for new features....alliances? legendary armor?

4)Monsterpedia?

How do you know the elites are set in stone? I believe this game has had major profession overhauls mere months before a release. I know it has happened in other MMO’s.

By now the concept and idea behind each elite must be set in stone and this got little to do with actual balance which comes before and after release

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Multiple reasons, but Anet are no longer keen on hype these days. Even PoF only had a few months notice before it revealed anything.

One of the key reasons is to avoid spoilers. EoD will clearly tie heavily into the consequences of Icebrood Saga. They have never revealed the content of the next big expansion before a season has ended to avoid any possibility of giving away what might be happening or diluting the eventual reveals

I'd expect most players are eager for the content, but understanding that it's not ready for a reveal yet.

Having huge reveal about elites and other base new features like alliances and legendary armory got little to do with spoilers I believe

@Greg.7086 said:
    @Arheundel.6451 In my humble opinion I'm 99% certain Anet will not give us any info at all until either very, very near or the day before release day, for the same old reason in MMO Life: " In case they fail to deliver what they say they will and then get burnt hard by the Community for not delivering it ".

I've kind of adopted the approach with Anet now that I will just enjoy the game here and now, and play it as it is. If and when something big, and game-chaning happens then great, but I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up for it or get sucked into any hype for EoD: Only sets you up for disappointment if things don't meet your expectations. I'm not a big fan of the IceBrood Saga story-telling ( solo-esque stuff ), would way prefer some big over-haul / update on Group play game-modes: WvW, sPvP, Raids or re-work of current Dungeons with boosted bosses & rewards ( DRM's are just awful: Recycled terrible content ): But sadly i cannot see Anet investing resources in WvW & sPvP as I don't think in general the players in these game modes bring in much revenue for them.

These are the kind of errors you'd expect from an indie developer who relies on fund raising...not a triple A company with a multibillion publisher behind them

• Oxstar.7643Oxstar.7643 Member ✭✭✭

Final Fantasy is a near and dear household name in the industry, hype is super beneficial there. GW2 is an underdog compared and their resources are likely better spent on working on the future rather than hyping people up. Esp since the result in the past when they did release content was boo this and foo that. No sense is giving people a larger expectation than they can actually meet.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

The announcement was done in March 12 2020, I'd say we can wait another month for the 1 year anniversary. Especially since Anet doesn't usually announce things during Festivals, but either before or after them. Lunar New Year ends next week, so we'll see what happens.

• In my opinion they should not be scared of a yelling salty minority on the internet echochambers (few 100 people, you can almost count them, its always the same names), nothing different since even gw1 times. Its been mostly quiet for a period of half a year now, some comunication and teasing hype wont hurt. Especially in these times, that builds confidence and a new community foundation (new players, existing and returning(like me)) which has been eroding for some years now.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Patience, they'll announce stuff when they are ready.

We all knew it was going to be a long wait before we got to hear or see anything from End of Dragons.

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Greg.7086 said:

These are the kind of errors you'd expect from an indie developer who relies on fund raising...not a triple A company with a multibillion publisher behind them

And yet it constatly happens for many/most companies with multibillion publishers behind them despite you trying to paint it as some kind of anet-only exception. Apparently you must know something those companies don't.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 said:
    Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop

Can they? The Endwalker expansion is slated for Q4 2021, we still know only about one of the classes (and it's mostly just class name and role), and know only the role (but not the name) of the other. So, care to tell us what exactly did you know about that expansion back in Q4 2019? Just to remind you, at that time we were only at patch 5.1.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

To me, New World and Ashes of Creation don't look very appealing.
    In my opinion, Blue Protocol looks far more promising.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

The time for info is after Icebrood Saga finishes. Then they will start rolling out the information.

Yes ANet are generally poor at marketing and promoting their product, but generally ignoring what other MMO's do with their launches is something that has worked out for them over the years. There is always something to compete with, so better just to do their own thing. Whether they reveal now or in May, it's not really going to make a huge amount of difference

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

Its a stacking effect of both poor marketing of the end-game and lack of revisions to the starting game that cause players to either not start playing or to not stick with it afterwards, and its becoming a real problem this far in.

You're wanting them to advertise the next expansion when they still haven't advertised the last two expansions. I've seen comment after comment from new players who didn't understand what the expos even were, and call them DLC because thats what they seem to be.

Essential changes like making basic gilding and a basic mount available @ lv1 if they own Path of Fire, would help alot.

Imagine how this game would change if new players actually had a taste of what's coming past Central Tyria. This late in the game the veteran players aren't the ones we should worry about. They'll keep playing, but uptake and retention of new players is falling hard.

Think about it, how often do you see new players who aren't alt accounts?

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 23 charas, 18k hours, 29k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer, Yukianna/Quickbrand (PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Anvil Rock Silver Raider[SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• What is NW and AoC? Could you please use actual names instead of just obscure acronyms.

• @Fueki.4753 said:
    To me, New World and Ashes of Creation don't look very appealing.
    In my opinion, Blue Protocol looks far more promising.

Amazon has a horrible track record in game development. New World may never even see release.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Dondarrion.2748 said:
    My guild(s) are all looking ahead to NW and AoC and preparing for these games because those games are publishing articles that give some insight into what's coming.

New World is a good example, that you can use a lot of money and still make an uninspired game. The game was released, then un-released and put back to beta, than postponed ... last time I checked it looked like a stereotype of other already existing games.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

HoT and PoF where announced after the Living World ends, normally the end of chapter have a cinematic with expac name, then some site annoucement. i dont remember even if HoT or PoF had a "tease" like EoD.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I was about to start similar topic on this. EoD is supposed to be released this year? And till now all we get is a couple of CGI videos and images. That's it. There is a very obvious lack of enthusiasm from ANet about EoD. No further announcements, no communications. Meanwhile, LWS has been watered down to boring DRMs, lazy updates of Gem Store items and even WvW relink has to be reminded by players to do it lol Where are the people in ANet? Knock knock, anyone there?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:
    The reason why Anet is so tightlipped about future updates in this game is because so many people treat any information about future additions as unbreakable bloodoaths and will resort to rage and fury if not every random idea ever voiced by a developer has been properly implemented. Even if it was a bad idea or they couldn't make it work.

Problem here is they never said it was a bad idea or that they could not make it work they just stay silent and keep head in sand hoping people forget about it.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

@Mil.3562 said:
    Hey, I was about to start similar topic on this. EoD is supposed to be released this year? And till now all we get is a couple of CGI videos and images. That's it. There is a very obvious lack of enthusiasm from ANet about EoD. No further announcements, no communications. Meanwhile, LWS has been watered down to boring DRMs, lazy updates of Gem Store items and even WvW relink has to be reminded by players to do it lol Where are the people in ANet? Knock knock, anyone there?

This the way they have always worked with expansions. No details come out until after the preceding season is done. It's not a lack of enthusiasm, this is just the way they have worked even when Colin was running things. In fact, we've actually got more for this expac so far than we did with PoF and HoT prior to LS2/LS3 ending

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Zok.4956 said:

@Dondarrion.2748 said:
    My guild(s) are all looking ahead to NW and AoC and preparing for these games because those games are publishing articles that give some insight into what's coming.

New World is a good example, that you can use a lot of money and still make an uninspired game. The game was released, then un-released and put back to beta, than postponed ... last time I checked it looked like a stereotype of other already existing games.

I believe you're talking about Crucible being released and then unreleased. Right developer though.

• radda.8920radda.8920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 said:

cantha is not very big at least the part explored in gw1 can be fully used in EoD
    So shin jea island> kaineng city> eschovald forest> jade sea and probably a 5th map with a dragon battle

Otherwise I think they unfortunately don't have much to tease. It will surely be an extension of the POF level with 4/5 pve maps, elite specialization, a new feature (maybe housing or the tengu race) and a new pvp mode if we are very very positive.
    So I don't see how they could tease so little content for over a year, 3/4 months (after the end of the saga) are more than enough

With cantha they are sure to attract a lot of fans of the guild wars universe and the title of the expansion suggests the end of the main storyline. So even without big teasing, the extension will be sold very well.
    This will allow them to have enough money to start a new project to hope that their business survives after gw2.

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:
    The reason why Anet is so tightlipped about future updates in this game is because so many people treat any information about future additions as unbreakable bloodoaths and will resort to rage and fury if not every random idea ever voiced by a developer has been properly implemented.

Yes, if a few crazy people start screaming, just cut all ties and act like the playerbase doesn't exist. It sure is easy. Until of course that kind of behaviour hurts your sales, then you gotta act like you were always listening, but that's only relevant until the playerbase forgets. Then you can go back to pretending they aren't really there.

The real reason is that they aren't willing to pay someone to pretend that anet is listen to the community. Think of the savings!

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

Personally I think it'd be better for them to start the Hype building 2/3 months prior to release, every couple of weeks releasing trailers/info. I think it'd be more beneficial to have it be a big lead up with hopefully some proper marketing than info drops throughout the year that wouldn't generate as much buzz outside the gw2 playerbase.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

Look at the massive grinds they are adding into the current releases. It will take 4 months to finish grinding out the t2 dragonslayer weapons. The volcanic weapons have massively low drop rate. Now remember these is still ANOTHER tier of dragonslayer weapons and I predict the next update will add glacial stormcaller weapons at another massively low drop rate. These are tactic to try to keep the players busy long enough to buy them enough time to get enough of the expac presentable. I predict that we still have another 6 month content drought after Aprils final IBS drop, and I can also see the expac not coming out until Q1 2022.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

This the way they have always worked with expansions. No details come out until after the preceding season is done. It's not a lack of enthusiasm, this is just the way they have worked even when Colin was running things. In fact, we've actually got more for this expac so far than we did with PoF and HoT prior to LS2/LS3 ending

sure i remember HoT and PoF have lots of specullation about even the name, in really EoD is first time they reveal the xpac name before LW season end.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

How do you know the elites are set in stone? I believe this game has had major profession overhauls mere months before a release. I know it has happened in other MMO’s.

By now the concept and idea behind each elite must be set in stone and this got little to do with actual balance which comes before and after release

I wouldn't assume any of that.

Abuse from people that tell you how to play is not a reason to change a class in a game that is designed and works to allow you to play how you want.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

I believe you're talking about Crucible being released and then unreleased. Right developer though.

Yes, your are correct. I mixed it up a little bit. New World was never publicly released. It was in May 2019 in Alpha stage and went from that back to development stage. After big changes in the game they entered Alpha back in 2020, but there was not much PvE endgame content. It will enter Beta stage in July this year, if it will not be delayed again.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Development takes time. Usually announcements are done AFTER a decent amount of work has already been done.
    The expansion was apparently a surprise sprung on the devs who were in the middle of working on IBS. The EoD announcement was pretty much made at the point when they just started. Why did they make the announcement so early? Maybe they were required to or maybe to show why IBS was about to have a massive dip in quality.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    At least it’s not 3 years from announcement with concept art to show..

#allianceswhen

Well I've been waiting a flying golden pig skin for my griffon ...

On the other hand I also thought a flying cloud was an obvious option for glider and that got released recently so there is still hope. :)

• A little friendly competition will only benefit players, 2021, keep an open mind for options, exciting...

2000: World of Warcraft Devs leaves Blizzard to form Triforge (tribute to classic SNES game Zelda)
    2002: NCsoft acquires Triforge (Arenanet)
    2005: GW1 releases by Arenanet
    WoW fans: Boo!
    GW1 fans: Yay! Innovative! WoW killer!

2006: GW1 Factions expansion releases
    2006: GW1 Nightfall expansion releases
    2007: GW1 Eye of the north expansion releases
    2007: GW2 announced
    GW1 fans: take your time! Don't rush!
    2012: GW2 Releases
    2015: GW2 Expansion Heart of Thorns
    GW1 fans: Mechanics update? Alliances? Cantha?
    GW2 fans: What's Cantha?

2017: GW2 Expansion Path of Fire
    GW1 fans: Mechanics update? Alliances? Cantha?
    GW2 fans: Boo! No GW1!

2018/2019: Arenanet Layoffs
    GW1 fans: Worried...Alliances? Cantha?
    GW2 fans: Boo! No! No GW1!

2019: GW2 former GW1/GW2 Devs leaves for Relentless studios
    2019: Amazon cancels Crucible by Relentless studios
    GW1 fans: ...
    GW2 fans: Boo! Told ya!

2019: New World Announced (yes steam launch)
    2020: GW2 End of Dragons Announced (no steam launch)
    2020: Crucible team (former GW1/GW2 Devs) merged into New World team
    GW1 fans: Yay! Innovative! Worried...Cantha?
    GW2 fans: Boo! No GW1!
    NW fans: take your time! Don't rush!

2021: ...

*Pattern forming here? Competition? More option for players? And oddly enough...

2019-2020:

GW1/GW2 Fans: Alliances? Balanced PvP endgame?
    NW: 50 vs 50 War
    GW1/GW2 Fans: PvE?
    NW: Invasion (defend against hordes)
    GW1/GW2 Fans: Siege style Fort Aspenwood/Jade Quarry like in GW1? (3 teams of 4 per side)
    NW: here you go, 20 vs 20 Outpost rush (4 teams of 5 per side)
    GW1/GW2 Fans: Dungeons/raids?
    NW: Oh look...Expeditions
    GW1/GW2 Fans: Crafting? Cantha? Factions?
    NW: Hold my beer...

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's on the table, ready when it's ready.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

I get it, most MMOs release an expansion every year but that's because these games are mantained by far bigger companies. Take for example, as mentioned before, Square Enix or Blizzard (or even Zenimax/Bethesda). All of these are far bigger and richer companies/developers than ArenaNet. The studio responsible for GW2 is actually very small compared to these giants. Also I'd rather wait longer for good content than waiting less and getting something unfinished and a product that doesn't keep its promises. Sure, Anet hasn't really kept that much promises too with things regarding the newest Icebrood Saga but it's still less worse than what huge developers these days do so at least it's one of the very very few developers you can still trust and I hope that it will stay that way considering how one of the most trusted game developers (you know who) are now losing their good reputation and even got hacked and source code stolen. I know the latter isn't MMO related but it's a main issue within gaming these days that also affects companies like Blizzard as it isn't what it was anymore too.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2
    Meme God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd be totally satisfied enough at first if we'll only get to play as Tengu if I'm honest.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2
    Meme God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

Release of concept art is enough to get people pumped! Even if its subject to change, its content for players to hype up about.

Look at FFXIV, they announced their expansion and slammed in the new class in the announcement right away, sure they have probably got more content to work with that they can show... but something is better than nothing.

Anet needs to pull out that proverbial thumb out and start building the hype else the expansion could be as good as dead/dying on launch with only the current active players buying it but no returning or new customers.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its disappointing for sure.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

Release of concept art is enough to get people pumped! Even if its subject to change, its content for players to hype up about.

This community doesn't do "subject to change".

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

I really miss when they did the elite spec weeks back before hot's release. Every week you got art and then a livestream showcasing the content and that was really exciting.

My ideal hype window would bearound 4 to 6 months.

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

This community doesn't do "subject to change".

I suppose you mean the Devs dont when they changed the traits to 300s... since that actually was 'subject to change'. When you say 'This community' you do not speak for all of us. I for one welcome any change that is made that may or may not change the way you play or prepare for an expansion. Anets been rather dry on information about this expansion for a very long time.