SAB Mount Skins...come on, Anet!

Kanok.3027

The WvW Mount. Something which barely anyone asked for or wanted, plus skins for it. We got it.

SAB Mount Skins, which people have been requesting since mounts came out. We get nothing.

COME ON, GUYS! You have a really good chance at getting some money here! I'm not really for expensive mount skins, but just this once, let us have something we want! My friends and I would LOVE to have this and so would quite a few others that love this event. Mind you, I love the new addition of the Weekly Vendor. Beautiful QoL change for the event, plus the new achieves that lead to a new area in W1Z3, but still! Do yourselves a favor and make these.

How about some sketches and concept art for how these might look? Why not some sort of description on how these might appear and move? or ideas on how to make that work using existing rigs and animations, while somehow magically keeping with the Adventure Box's jerky-blocky aesthetic? Try bringing something to the table if you want some real attention.

Or, try these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exo-Suit_Mounts_Pack

The game's only SAB guild - their words, not mine - tried to lure people in with a special SAB mount skin only available to members of the guild. That's the most solid info I have, maybe you should ask them... (I don't recommend maintaining any relations with them tho, but that's a personal thing and I'll leave it at that...)

But on a more serious note. I don't think Anet should do that. The previous comment aptly put it as "big, blocky, 8-bit eyesores". I have anxiety just imagining that.

And yet your profile pic is that from a SAB NPC...that makes no sense. Just wish those that actually like SAB, and those that have mentioned wanting said mounts, would comment. Also, many of the other mount skins are eye sores to others, yet we gotta deal with it. Guess not having SAB-specific mounts means I have to deal with it to since Anet will continue to remain silent about this. Sad, really.

@Glider.5792 said:If they add this, they need to add a feature that turns other peoples gliders/mounts to default skin, or better yet, only specific ones (which we could toggle). Some of us dont want nyan cats running around our screen.

There is one--> minimal setting.On a topic I don't mind bit silliness in games. My fav FPS is Tf2 where silliness is promoted to cult lol

I love SAB but don't really care about cosmetics so I'm neutral on this one. I do think it's a little ridiculous to object on visual grounds though, based on all the crap we already deal with. Whether it's worth it for anet to develop skins that would appeal to such a small audience is another question . . .

@Kanok.3027 said:And yet your profile pic is that from a SAB NPC...that makes no sense. Just wish those that actually like SAB, and those that have mentioned wanting said mounts, would comment. Also, many of the other mount skins are eye sores to others, yet we gotta deal with it. Guess not having SAB-specific mounts means I have to deal with it to since Anet will continue to remain silent about this. Sad, really.

A profile image is just that. A profile image. It has no bearing on the discussion here. Or anywhere, really. All it means is that I like the SAB content. Still, I don't want mounts based on that. Go, figure.Anet will never discuss possible content with their customers. They won't let themselves be painted into a corner like that. Besides, they play the game, too. They are aware of tendencies and what their player base wants. We may very well end up with SAB mount skins in the near future.

Honestly, I bet SAB mounts would sell like crazy. I wouldn't buy them I support the idea of them being made. Although, I would prefer they do race themed mount packs first (we have the shiverpeaks mounts, now we just need asuran golems, sylvari plant mounts, charr war machines, and something lame and seraph themed for humans)

Archived