In this update we've made some reductions to tone down the strength of some soulbeast PvP and WvW builds. While we believe the builds and playstyles have a solid place in the game and don't want to take them out of play, certain elements are a bit too far over the edge. The skill "Sic 'Em!" is providing a damage modifier that is significantly higher than any other single persistent bonus damage increase, so we're reducing the bonus to match other similar skills in a competitive setting. This reduction only occurs while merged with your pet. We're also reducing access to the unblockable effect provided by some skills and traits in order to create more opportunities for others.
- Long Range Shot: This skill now scales damage dynamically based on distance rather than using distance thresholds.
- Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.
- Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.
- Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.
- Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds.
- Call of the Wild: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 3 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 4 seconds.
- Clarion Bond: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 2 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 3 seconds.
- Frost Trap: Increased the number of pulses from 4 to 5. Decreased chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Increased damage by 100% in PvE only. Fixed a bug that prevented this skill's ice field from lasting the full duration.
- "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus.
- One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that could cause the second strike from this skill to fail if the player jumps.
- Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not function with Glyph of the Stars.
- Light on Your Feet: This trait now also grants its damage bonus when dodging using Quick Shot.
- Twice as Vicious: Increased the duration of the damage effect granted by this trait from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only.
- Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.