Ranger Upcoming Balance Patch Notes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranger Upcoming Balance Patch Notes

Anjo.3170Anjo.3170 Member ✭✭

Ranger

In this update we've made some reductions to tone down the strength of some soulbeast PvP and WvW builds. While we believe the builds and playstyles have a solid place in the game and don't want to take them out of play, certain elements are a bit too far over the edge. The skill "Sic 'Em!" is providing a damage modifier that is significantly higher than any other single persistent bonus damage increase, so we're reducing the bonus to match other similar skills in a competitive setting. This reduction only occurs while merged with your pet. We're also reducing access to the unblockable effect provided by some skills and traits in order to create more opportunities for others.

  • Long Range Shot: This skill now scales damage dynamically based on distance rather than using distance thresholds.
  • Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.
  • Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.
  • Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.
  • Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds.
  • Call of the Wild: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 3 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 4 seconds.
  • Clarion Bond: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 2 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 3 seconds.
  • Frost Trap: Increased the number of pulses from 4 to 5. Decreased chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Increased damage by 100% in PvE only. Fixed a bug that prevented this skill's ice field from lasting the full duration.
  • "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus.
  • One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that could cause the second strike from this skill to fail if the player jumps.
  • Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not function with Glyph of the Stars.
  • Light on Your Feet: This trait now also grants its damage bonus when dodging using Quick Shot.
  • Twice as Vicious: Increased the duration of the damage effect granted by this trait from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only.
  • Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.
<1

Comments

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019

    I love the changes to LB, the knockback from 1500 needed to be removed actually it hurt the ranger. And the massive buff to barrage just made LB ranger a mobile ArrowCart. If in soulbeast even better than an arrowcart.

    The changes to unblockables traits are good, sniper still can use the signet. The hardhitting skills wont be impacted, WI, maul and Axe are untouched by this unless you abused the unstoppable union.

    The nerf to sicem is good as long is it provides the 40% increased speed. That skill just become a defensive one as well as the meme it already is.
    I hope they dont nerf damage on LB because of the dynamic damage.

    The other changes are irrelevant, increase 6 seconds twice a vicious will only impact benchmark.

    Listen to me, i foresee more marksman sicem soulbeast with predators onslaught in game.

    Good changes unfortunately not enough

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The unblockable changes were long overdue.
    Fair changes.
    I am honestly curious how PBS now functions. Maybe noob push ranger behaviour is now a thing of the past.

  • Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019

    @anduriell.6280 said:
    The other changes are irrelevant, increase 6 seconds twice a vicious will only impact benchmark.

    More than double the uptime of any damage modifier is never irrelevant. Helps in PvE, and it can be the difference between downing someone or not after hitting them with PBS. It should have been like that from the start. Furious Strength should also be updated with 7 % condi damage.

    The fact that they're doing mostly the correct nerfs and not some kneejerk reaction to other skills or traits is also not irrelevant, in that sense. Ignoring druid obviously, those nerfs are a joke at this point.

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019

    @Lazze.9870 said:

    @anduriell.6280 said:
    The other changes are irrelevant, increase 6 seconds twice a vicious will only impact benchmark.

    More than double the uptime of any damage modifier is never irrelevant. Helps in PvE, and it can be the difference between downing someone or not after hitting them with PBS. It should have been like that from the start. Furious Strength should also be updated with 7 % condi damage.

    The fact that they're doing mostly the correct nerfs and not some kneejerk reaction to other skills or traits is also not irrelevant, in that sense.

    Well I agree with you in there, but let's wait for the actual patch to check the numbers. I thought the new druid elite seemed nice until I saw the actual implementation.

    @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    The unblockable changes were long overdue.
    Fair changes.
    I am honestly curious how PBS now functions. Maybe noob push ranger behaviour is now a thing of the past.

    By the phrasing my guess is the knockback from 600 is going to be 100 instead 400.
    So from melee you push 600 units scale accordingly with the distance up to 600.

  • Shin Skysinger.1570Shin Skysinger.1570 Member
    edited July 11, 2019

    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

  • Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭

    "Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only."

    I don't like this, it's the only nerf I didn't expect

    But I think these changes will put rangers out of tournaments, every organized team has an FB or a scrapper without unlockables it will be difficult to eliminate enemies in coordinated groups.

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Rest in peace WvW Sniper Soulbeast.
    You will not be missed.

  • Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019

    So, Frost Trap may see some use in PvE
    Twice as Vicions is a little better for sustained damage
    Barrage has gone from filler trash when LoS is used to meh.
    And the other LB skills scale dynamically instead of threshold scaling as they always should have.

    Everything else is just varying degrees of nerf, as expected, including another kick in Druid's balls for good measure.
    I guess crying on the forums really does "fix" everything.
    RIP.

  • Levetty.1279Levetty.1279 Member ✭✭✭

    I was hoping the Sic Em nerf would be more universal and would include reworking Soulbeast PvE DPS away from the skill since it is too limiting but oh well.

    Anet forgets axe exists again.

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

    Overall the changes make sense to me. Thematically, I wouldn’t have minded if shouts/commands were disabled for SB as it seems odd to yell “sic ‘em!” etc. while merged with your pet.

    However, I don’t understand why Ancestoral Grace was nerfed, not that it matters to me since Druid is dead to me unless and until the pet nerf is revoked or gets a major overhaul.

  • Please adjust the range of Shortbows soon, too, please. 900 Range, especially in WvW, is just god awful for a Bow. It's the same range we throw our Axes and just feels bad. 1000-1100 Range for SB's while Longbows continue to have 1200-1500 should be fine. Give us Condi Rangers/Druids/Soulbeasts some ruvvin'.

  • Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭

    @anduriell.6280 said:
    I love the changes to LB, the knockback from 1500 needed to be removed actually it hurt the ranger. And the massive buff to barrage just made LB ranger a mobile ArrowCart. If in soulbeast even better than an arrowcart.

    The changes to unblockables traits are good, sniper still can use the signet. The hardhitting skills wont be impacted, WI, maul and Axe are untouched by this unless you abused the unstoppable union.

    The nerf to sicem is good as long is it provides the 40% increased speed. That skill just become a defensive one as well as the meme it already is.
    I hope they dont nerf damage on LB because of the dynamic damage.

    The other changes are irrelevant, increase 6 seconds twice a vicious will only impact benchmark.

    Listen to me, i foresee more marksman sicem soulbeast with predators onslaught in game.

    Good changes unfortunately not enough

    is good? is kitten good? on which side are you?

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    I could be wrong but think "anduriell.6280" listed the nerfs saying its a good change(?).

    Will need verification and test but from my first impression:

    • Long Range Shot: This skill now scales damage dynamically based on distance rather than using distance thresholds.

    Nothing changed aside from dynamic scaling to damage/range, unless theres a stealth nerf to the damage/range.

    • Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.

    Same as above, nothing changed aside from dynamic knockback scaling.

    • Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.

    Interesting change, more frequent use to clear sieges in WvW but no improvement to longbow for end game PvE.

    • Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.

    Does this still retain the previous anti projectile feature?

    • Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds.

    More frequent healing, trade off with evade. Lost an evade time frame but with cd reduction, easier to outrun.

    • Call of the Wild: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 3 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 4 seconds.
    • Clarion Bond: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 2 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 3 seconds.

    Nerf, with high chance multiple target hits consumes all the charges (bouncing/penetrating projectiles)

    • Frost Trap: Increased the number of pulses from 4 to 5. Decreased chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Increased damage by 100% in PvE only. Fixed a bug that prevented this skill's ice field from lasting the full duration.

    Trap pulse longer with condi duration shorten.

    • "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus.

    Nerf for PvP/WvW.

    • One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that could cause the second strike from this skill to fail if the player jumps.
    • Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not function with Glyph of the Stars.

    Bug fixed.

    • Light on Your Feet: This trait now also grants its damage bonus when dodging using Quick Shot.
    • Twice as Vicious: Increased the duration of the damage effect granted by this trait from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.

    Buff.

    • Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only.

    Nerf for PvP. Questionable for WvW.

    • Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.

    Nerf.

    Overall, a minor buff for condi soulbeast. Nerf to power builds in PvP/WvW.

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shin Skysinger.1570 said:
    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

    a little too much? Druid is already unplayable and they had to nerf something else.

    The rest of you that jumped on the kitten bandwagon hate with Sicem and unblockables...you don't have a kitten clue what you're talking about.
    You wanna complain about WvW, go for it. But PvP? HA AH HAHAHAHA.

    @anduriell.6280 how often do you play?
    Did you read the same notes I did?

    @""Eramonster.2718" thanks for breaking that down

    @Eurantien.4632
    As always, the best and most concise commentary of the thread.
    I am really surprised with anet...and then I guess I am not. They never fail to disappoint.
    There is so much projectile hate already in the game, taking away unblockables, nerfing second skin and sicem.
    Then they had to get in one more dig on the druid...lol vurt De Furk anet.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    I'm happy with the changes, that Sic-em Soulbeast combo was utterly ridiculous in PvP WvW.
    I never used it myself despite running a LB Ranger in WvW just because I thought it was a cheap, broken tactic and borderline cheating in all honesty.
    Glad it's been nerfed but more so, glad it's only been nerfed in PvP and WvW.
    I'm very happy that Anet didn't diminish a huge chunk of Rangers DPS potential in PvE to fix a broken mess in competitive gamemodes, thanks Anet ^^

    I like the Longbow changes too, Long Range Shot is going to feel more fun to play with now and add to the enjoyment I already get from playing to position.

    Point Blank Shot changes are going to be great as well :D God knows how many times Rangers have been smeared for this single skill because of it's knockback.
    I'm hoping that at max range the knockback will be more of a knockdown and people can finally stop complaining about the skill since it it the only interupt we have on LB.

    Barrage lovely upgrade on CB and damage ^^ happy happy longbow chappy here :D

    Frost Trap, Got another Ranger that runs this for damage over chill so he's getting an extra pulse and a 100% damage increase on the skill, yeah happy bout that :D

    Overall my favourite main build is coming out of this balance patch buffed and upgraded so I for one am very pleased.

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

    @EnderzShadow.2506 said:
    @anduriell.6280 how often do you play?
    Did you read the same notes I did?

    Yes i do, every week although less lately because of the stale balance.
    I do play WvW almost exclusively with ranger only, so mostly roaming or flying around the zerg.
    So my point of view is obviously biased towards WvW gameplay, and believe me all this changes are strong buffs with minor nerfs.

    You'll see some weeks after the patch how will come back the cry threads about sicem snipers and AC rangers in WvW

  • aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    I always try to look at all the patch before having an opinion. Since I only play ranger I had a harder time reading all the patch this time because I did not recognize most of the traits or meta things from the other classes ^^. I am not going to count bug fixes here.

    The + (fair changes and decent additions)
    Point Blank Shot: I think it is a fair change.
    Barrage: It is good. This long cd skill was only usefull on static group of mobs and I like having 1 more option to control an area in sPvP (also needed with the - section).
    Sublime Conversion: Since the skill is supposed to be used in front of the team or to combo blast so I am not sure. But giving it one more effect is still good.
    Frost Trap: It is ok. Maybe a decent option for aoe damage in PvE. After all ranger has mostly been focused on single target damage. Just ok.
    Twice as Vicious: Really good. The dps will be smoother and less reliant on getting the cc then a burst.

    The - (so much hate for ranger unblockable in this patch)
    Call of the Wild: Weak.
    Clarion Bond: Same.
    Second Skin: Ranger is already weak VS condition pressure.
    Unstoppable Union: I like the dispell but even more unblockable hate here.

    Unsure (bad and good at the same time):
    Ancestral Grace: Really bad for our survivability in PvP,. It was also great in PvE for some extra dodge / save. I really want to put it in the - category. The new effect is : Do it for your allies, not for you. I guess it a noble intention and is ok in PvE because it will give more heal. I wonder what triggers first. Quickdraw then the reduction or the opposite? If this is quickdraw first it will be strong, if this is the other way around it does not change anything.
    "Sic 'Em!": 5-10% reduction would have been fine. Maybe it is ok with the twice as vicious buff. But not with all the unblockable hate.
    Light on Your Feet: I am 100% sure it used to work like this in the past. Did they change it at some point or was it supposed to be a bug?

    Conclusion :
    The thing that comes out for me is that most of the changes are aimed at sPvP. And this patch is just really bad for our damage and survivability. I am just going to say "Guardians and engineers". Just those 2 classes alone have so much projectile hate, and did not get affected by the patch. Anyone playing ranger knows how much LongBow is reliant on the unblockable when Line Of Sight (obstacles) already damages us. Loosing condition damage reduction is also going to affect a class who has not a lot of cleanse and is weak VS burst. It passively nerf the bear stance because you will take more damage when you use it (like my build).

    I have been playing sword / axe for more than a year. I feel like I cannot handle condi / power pressure anymore and I have to pick greatsword like everyone :/.

  • Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭

    @VDAC.2137 said:
    Thematically, I wouldn’t have minded if shouts/commands were disabled for SB as it seems odd to yell “sic ‘em!” etc. while merged with your pet.

    Disregarding how much of an awful decision that would be, that logic can be applied to any shout with an affect on the caster.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    no fresh reinforcement nerf/ fix
    garbaggio changes

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    no fresh reinforcement nerf/ fix
    garbaggio changes

    There is no problem with it..

  • aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭

    @Cyric.7813 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    no fresh reinforcement nerf/ fix
    garbaggio changes

    There is no problem with it..

    Do'nt feed the troll. He just hates ranger. Read some ranger nerf thread to see it.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @aymnad.9023 said:

    @Cyric.7813 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    no fresh reinforcement nerf/ fix
    garbaggio changes

    There is no problem with it..

    Do'nt feed the troll. He just hates ranger. Read some ranger nerf thread to see it.

    wow you guys are clueless.
    how is doubling might with one button press a good idea? its one of the top reasons soulbeast meme builds exist.

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @aymnad.9023 said:

    @Cyric.7813 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    no fresh reinforcement nerf/ fix
    garbaggio changes

    There is no problem with it..

    Do'nt feed the troll. He just hates ranger. Read some ranger nerf thread to see it.

    wow you guys are clueless.
    how is doubling might with one button press a good idea? its one of the top reasons soulbeast meme builds exist.

    Ok as a soulbeast though you'll either be doing 2 things

    1. Facing a 1up from a boon steal larc strike and already fighting a SB on point who is ripping your boons
    2. In a team fight on node against a scourge and firebrand. too with a potential 1up on thief as well

    Annulment exists, as well , which almost every meta runs.

    While those boons are great on paper, what made those boons even matter/appear busted was the fact you had an unblockable on a low cooldown. So you're putting those boons to use without barely any counterplay before outside of LOS / invuln. Now with the new patch there is counterplay making these boons potentially useless in terms of an offensive approach. Defensive approach is meh, considering we get vigor from many sources anyway and protection is laughable in this burst meta.

    Fresh Reinforcement is simply not a problem, especially now and I will straight up say, if anybody is complaining about ranger after this UN nerf , then you basically just need to get better because no matter how many nerfs they give to Soulbeast at this point it will probably never help them beat them if they don't understand them.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2019

    @ZhouX.8742 said:
    snips

    right so... ok lol. there are two classes in pvp that will make the trait irrelevant. can be avoided with good game sense. then there is wvw, you know, this whole other game mode. if you don't think fresh reinforcement is a problem, you don't know how to build a memebeast so this convo is pointless. no one is complaining about balanced builds. please do some research.

    edit

    what made those boons even matter/appear busted was the fact you had an unblockable on a low cooldown.

    you do realize fresh reinforcement and unstoppable union are in the same trait tier right?

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2019

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @ZhouX.8742 said:
    snips

    right so... ok lol. there are two classes in pvp that will make the trait irrelevant. can be avoided with good game sense. then there is wvw, you know, this whole other game mode. if you don't think fresh reinforcement is a problem, you don't know how to build a memebeast so this convo is pointless. no one is complaining about balanced builds. please do some research.

    edit

    what made those boons even matter/appear busted was the fact you had an unblockable on a low cooldown.

    you do realize fresh reinforcement and unstoppable union are in the same trait tier right?

    Yea my apologies, for some reason I was thinking of the shout heal copying boons over for 20+ might and then utilizing UN.

    For boon removal... There's annulment which is 2 ... Mesmer, spellbreaker, rev, necro, thief can all remove boons... Boons aren't AS much of an impact anymore like they used to be. in PvP esp when annulment came out. The culprit in survivability is mostly the plethora of blocks, invulns and evade frames flying around. Even more blocks now with SB out of the picture and rev dmg dropped and unblockables removed, welcome to bunk meta.

  • Kolisch.4691Kolisch.4691 Member ✭✭✭

    What? Knockknock distance nerves when I'm 2500 rage? No potsticker, Rangers will still go melee range and use the knickknacks skill.

  • DuckDuckBOOM.4097DuckDuckBOOM.4097 Member ✭✭✭

    @Euthymias.7984 said:
    So, Frost Trap may see some use in PvE
    Twice as Vicions is a little better for sustained damage
    Barrage has gone from filler trash when LoS is used to meh.

    I wouldn't call it meh.
    Whirling defense: 7.92 coeff over 3.25 seconds. 7.92/3.25 = 2.4 coeff per sec.
    Barrage: 4.8 x 1.25 buff = 6 coeff over 2.25 seconds. 6/2.25 = 2.66 coeff per sec.
    That number is iffy since it takes about 7 seconds for all the barrage arrows to land but as far as damage per cast time is concerned, barrage will be stronger than WD after the patch. I doubt LB will replace GS in raids but LB+S/A could maybe beat out GS+S/A in fotm burst scenarios.

    Frost trap was also meta in burst situations. It going to get a 250% buff. After this, I think it will always be best in slot compared to vulture stance. Problem I have with frost trap is that it doesn't seem to scale with ascended weapon strength which was why the damage seemed lower than it should be. 250% buff is nice though.

    Most of the "PvP/WvW" changes seem fair. Except staff 3. Why are they still stomping druid?

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2019

    @ZhouX.8742 said:
    For boon removal... There's annulment which is 2 ... Mesmer, spellbreaker, rev, necro, thief can all remove boons... Boons aren't AS much of an impact anymore like they used to be. in PvP esp when annulment came out. The culprit in survivability is mostly the plethora of blocks, invulns and evade frames flying around. Even more blocks now with SB out of the picture and rev dmg dropped and unblockables removed, welcome to bunk meta.

    not many run power mes, spellbreaker boon removal is kinda easy to dodge (biggest is dagger burst, no one really runs break enchantments). necro and teef will get you.
    all of this is not really relevant tho dood. yes some guys will get memebeasts boons. most of the time tho its easy to get the burst off with mad range or stealth attacks. this is about getting rid of the garbaggio builds out there that ruin game play for everyone. do you think its ok to have a trait that doubles might with one button press?

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

    @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

    @Euthymias.7984 said:
    So, Frost Trap may see some use in PvE
    Twice as Vicions is a little better for sustained damage
    Barrage has gone from filler trash when LoS is used to meh.

    I wouldn't call it meh.
    Whirling defense: 7.92 coeff over 3.25 seconds. 7.92/3.25 = 2.4 coeff per sec.
    Barrage: 4.8 x 1.25 buff = 6 coeff over 2.25 seconds. 6/2.25 = 2.66 coeff per sec.
    That number is iffy since it takes about 7 seconds for all the barrage arrows to land but as far as damage per cast time is concerned, barrage will be stronger than WD after the patch. I doubt LB will replace GS in raids but LB+S/A could maybe beat out GS+S/A in fotm burst scenarios.

    Frost trap was also meta in burst situations. It going to get a 250% buff. After this, I think it will always be best in slot compared to vulture stance. Problem I have with frost trap is that it doesn't seem to scale with ascended weapon strength which was why the damage seemed lower than it should be. 250% buff is nice though.

    Most of the "PvP/WvW" changes seem fair. Except staff 3. Why are they still stomping druid?

    Well the math doesnt work like that with barrage, Barrage is coe 0.4s. So now it will be 0.5s.
    My guess a full zerker sicem SBeast would do something around 3k tick.
    Keep in mind the AoE last 12 seconds unless using quickness.

  • ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @ZhouX.8742 said:
    For boon removal... There's annulment which is 2 ... Mesmer, spellbreaker, rev, necro, thief can all remove boons... Boons aren't AS much of an impact anymore like they used to be. in PvP esp when annulment came out. The culprit in survivability is mostly the plethora of blocks, invulns and evade frames flying around. Even more blocks now with SB out of the picture and rev dmg dropped and unblockables removed, welcome to bunk meta.

    not many run power mes, spellbreaker boon removal is kinda easy to dodge (biggest is dagger burst, no one really runs break enchantments). necro and teef will get you.
    all of this is not really relevant tho dood. yes some guys will get memebeasts boons. most of the time tho its easy to get the burst off with mad range or stealth attacks. this is about getting rid of the garbaggio builds out there that ruin game play for everyone. do you think its ok to have a trait that doubles might with one button press?

    i got you man, my bad also about mixing up the heal with the trait i was thinking of something different

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ZhouX.8742 said:
    snips

    nps dood. that heal is also used in the build tho but not the unblockables.

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • DuckDuckBOOM.4097DuckDuckBOOM.4097 Member ✭✭✭

    @anduriell.6280 said:

    @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

    @Euthymias.7984 said:
    So, Frost Trap may see some use in PvE
    Twice as Vicions is a little better for sustained damage
    Barrage has gone from filler trash when LoS is used to meh.

    I wouldn't call it meh.
    Whirling defense: 7.92 coeff over 3.25 seconds. 7.92/3.25 = 2.4 coeff per sec.
    Barrage: 4.8 x 1.25 buff = 6 coeff over 2.25 seconds. 6/2.25 = 2.66 coeff per sec.
    That number is iffy since it takes about 7 seconds for all the barrage arrows to land but as far as damage per cast time is concerned, barrage will be stronger than WD after the patch. I doubt LB will replace GS in raids but LB+S/A could maybe beat out GS+S/A in fotm burst scenarios.

    Frost trap was also meta in burst situations. It going to get a 250% buff. After this, I think it will always be best in slot compared to vulture stance. Problem I have with frost trap is that it doesn't seem to scale with ascended weapon strength which was why the damage seemed lower than it should be. 250% buff is nice though.

    Most of the "PvP/WvW" changes seem fair. Except staff 3. Why are they still stomping druid?

    Well the math doesnt work like that with barrage, Barrage is coe 0.4s. So now it will be 0.5s.
    My guess a full zerker sicem SBeast would do something around 3k tick.
    Keep in mind the AoE last 12 seconds unless using quickness.

    What are you talking about? It doesn't matter when you apply the 25% buff. The math will be the same.
    (0.4 x 1.25) x 12 = (0.4 x 12) x 1.25 = 0.5 x 12 = 6

    The aoe lasts 7 seconds which starts when you first begin the channel. Arrows fall every ~0.6 seconds. Quickness doesn't speed this up much. As far as PvE players are concerned, that doesn't matter as long as the boss dies in 7 or more seconds. See lava font on ele lasting 6 seconds as an example. It's coeffs per cast time that matter.

    GS2,5,2 opening is 4.4 coeff over ~3 seconds.
    LB 2 by itself is 3.75 coeff over 2.25 seconds. These are actually pretty close.

    LB5, owp, lb4, 2, WI, into axe 4, 5 is going to be a strong burst. By the time the axe 5 ends, you'll be close to having barrage finish. Sic'em will cover the entire rotation. This may replace GS in some fotm fights. GS will likely win out if you have to do more than 1 full weapon swap rotation due. Actually, having a 20 second instead of 30 second CD also makes LB5 fit better in the rotation. Still probably won't replace GS in long fights but it's closer than you think.

  • Krispera.5087Krispera.5087 Member ✭✭✭

    @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:
    LB5, owp, lb4, 2, WI, into axe 4, 5 is going to be a strong burst. By the time the axe 5 ends, you'll be close to having barrage finish. Sic'em will cover the entire rotation. This may replace GS in some fotm fights. GS will likely win out if you have to do more than 1 full weapon swap rotation due. Actually, having a 20 second instead of 30 second CD also makes LB5 fit better in the rotation. Still probably won't replace GS in long fights but it's closer than you think.

    I was actually fooling around to see if LB would be ''viable''. I think as long you have an Axe offhand, it should be good enough. The new cooldown will rotate well.

    Sw/A + LBow, maybe ?

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shin Skysinger.1570 said:
    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

    Druid was designed to be a support spec, being a sidenoder was a byproduct and it was left there till PoF release,now Anet wants druid to cover its intended role and AG got actually buffed ...as long as you try to support allies and not simply run away, a similar treatment has been applied to ride the lightning

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • HeadCrowned.6834HeadCrowned.6834 Member ✭✭✭

    @Arheundel.6451 said:

    @Shin Skysinger.1570 said:
    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

    Druid was designed to be a support spec, being a sidenoder was a byproduct and it was left there till PoF release,now Anet wants druid to cover its intended role and AG got actually buffed ...as long as you try to support allies and not simply run away, a similar treatment has been applied to ride the lightning

    AG in this patch is not buffed in any way, even not when you play "support". The loss of the evade frame is huge my man. "Buffing" the skill from a CD of 18 secs to 15 secs when you support someone is just hilarious.

  • Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭

    @Arheundel.6451 said:

    @Shin Skysinger.1570 said:
    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

    Druid was designed to be a support spec, being a sidenoder was a byproduct and it was left there till PoF release,now Anet wants druid to cover its intended role and AG got actually buffed ...as long as you try to support allies and not simply run away, a similar treatment has been applied to ride the lightning

    If they intended Druid to be a support spec rather than a sidenoder, they wouldn't continue to nerf it further and further away from the bloated firebrand spec that is currently occupying that position, with no changes that actually makes it compete as a proper support. They nerfed the only really good skill on the staff, the weapon is a joke.

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2019

    @Lazze.9870 said:

    @Arheundel.6451 said:

    @Shin Skysinger.1570 said:
    I love the Druid playstyle and That evade nerf is a little too much if the idea was to tone down SoulBeast. Why the hate to druid and their staff?

    I've been playing around with a good Druid build trying to find a sustainable staff/long-sword, capping points build even if it's not meta anymore. I've been quite successful finally nd I've been wondering why my disengage has been horrible with Ancestral Grace. I've been using Ancestral Grace this whole time and I had no idea it was nerfed like that because the description of the skill does not reflect this. Why the hate?

    Druid was designed to be a support spec, being a sidenoder was a byproduct and it was left there till PoF release,now Anet wants druid to cover its intended role and AG got actually buffed ...as long as you try to support allies and not simply run away, a similar treatment has been applied to ride the lightning

    If they intended Druid to be a support spec rather than a sidenoder, they wouldn't continue to nerf it further and further away from the bloated firebrand spec that is currently occupying that position, with no changes that actually makes it compete as a proper support. They nerfed the only really good skill on the staff, the weapon is a joke.

    They did buff the glyphs and gave a new elite which can be quite useful in my opinion when used from the sidelines and out of sight; clearly druid is meant to be a hybrid ranged support where firebrand is full melee , they can't give druid any further buffs I am afraid for quite some obvious reasons, the same ones used to nerf it in the first place.

    Firebrand is not that durable once singled out where a druid can still escape to safety , same reason they don't buff tempest to same levels of firebrand; at the same time Anet is trying to reinvigorate core specs and frankly they're doing a good job.

    I am really enjoying core ranger now and I use elites only where necessary , in the end of the day elites were supposed to be sidegrades and not upgrades

    P.S dunno why it's hilarious the idea of running to support somebody and be rewarded for it, the idea is sound..you're using a dash move to reach a dieing friend and support him , CD reduction to remain in the battle to support others instead than dash away to reposition , it's the same idea applied to ride the lightning years ago and that's why this change comes as no surprise to me , neither I consider it such a huge nerf

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.

    Can we change PBS to 1500 range then? Have the knockback distance range between 0-600.

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    @niconori.7235 said:
    Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.

    Can we change PBS to 1500 range then? Have the knockback distance range between 0-600.

    Yes i agree that's a bug, we could ask to be fixed.
    You should have your knockback at 1200 thou. Difference is now you won't kick back the target so it goes out of your reach, instead they are knock back almost in place.
    Can you still push down the clift with PBS? yes, a little more tricky thou.
    Can you PBS somebody at any wall in wvw and make them stay in reach of more damage now after the change? Yes, definitaly you should be able now.
    Random PBS will push enemies out of the damage now? No, unless you have a ranger with LB in melee range.

  • Wondrouswall.7169Wondrouswall.7169 Member ✭✭✭

    So, Thieves received Preparations and their Smokescreen was altered into a circle. Meanwhile, Sublime Conversion is still a wall but now grants regen rather than being a dome.

    But instead, regen is added to Druid, nearly 4 years after its release. And of the 3 utility skills on Staff that don't grant a boon, it's placed on the skill that benefits allies most when positioned to shield them from projectiles.

    Just dome it already and have regen pulse to allies within the dome while destroying projectiles. The janky sprinkle heals can f-ck off for all anyone cares.

    PET PRECISION & DPS DATA (DPS outdated)
    Back in Black... Desert Online.

  • @Anjo.3170 said:
    Ranger

    In this update we've made some reductions to tone down the strength of some soulbeast PvP and WvW builds. While we believe the builds and playstyles have a solid place in the game and don't want to take them out of play, certain elements are a bit too far over the edge. The skill "Sic 'Em!" is providing a damage modifier that is significantly higher than any other single persistent bonus damage increase, so we're reducing the bonus to match other similar skills in a competitive setting. This reduction only occurs while merged with your pet. We're also reducing access to the unblockable effect provided by some skills and traits in order to create more opportunities for others.

    • Long Range Shot: This skill now scales damage dynamically based on distance rather than using distance thresholds.
    • Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.
    • Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.
    • Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.
    • Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds.
    • Call of the Wild: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 3 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 4 seconds.
    • Clarion Bond: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 2 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 3 seconds.
    • Frost Trap: Increased the number of pulses from 4 to 5. Decreased chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Increased damage by 100% in PvE only. Fixed a bug that prevented this skill's ice field from lasting the full duration.
    • "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus.
    • One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that could cause the second strike from this skill to fail if the player jumps.
    • Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not function with Glyph of the Stars.
    • Light on Your Feet: This trait now also grants its damage bonus when dodging using Quick Shot.
    • Twice as Vicious: Increased the duration of the damage effect granted by this trait from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only.
    • Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.

    I'm surprised that you people are doing anymore nerfing to your ranger class at all. this is by far the weakest most kitten archer class of any game i have ever played in the past fifteen years in any style game or type. you may want to look at your money lender NCSOFT in the platform of pvp and siege and how they have balanced all five of there archer classes. they hit good,move faster than most classes and have good evade. there not forced into melee like you do in your platform as they should not be. never seen an archer class who's main second weapon is a two handed broad sword. doesn't even make sense. dagger may be. even torch,axe. and in your platform they get out ranged by a magic class with a broad sword? like magic from a sword is gonna go 300 meters like an arrow will.and why your game says obstructed to a ranger class on a wall but yet mesmer and caster can eat a ranger up in no time flat? ever shoot from an elevated position? a window with a bow is obstructed yes.. but a roof or wall with a bow NO!
    May be your dead eye gun can out range but if you want to nerf something that makes sense in PvP/WvW siege then start thinking about magic casters that aoe over castle/fort walls and mesmer skills that allow summons to go up 15 meters to a castle or fort wall and kill players, or better yet a skill that a player is using from ground level that pulls a player on top of the 15 meter high wall to the edge of the wall and locks them down. what kind of kitten is that? lobbing a rock,poison cow or arrow over a wall makes sense.. but magic or fighter skills don't go threw or above reinforce 15 meter high walls! That is something worth nerfing or getting rid of all together.

    What needs to be clear is that your archer class should rule in siege warfare from a elevated position without question or complaint. on the ground they need to be glass cannon's but still out range everything beside a rifle. now if you want to place a norm with a barrel of bolders up ontop of the wall then yea they will both hurt.

    Stop acting like the melee fighter class can throw it's sword and hit something far,sure something 5 meters away. not 1200 to a ranger 1500 or 1800.

    A caster class can aoe,dot or direct attack remotely like nothings ever sceen but again not over or threw a wall! but if a warrior or thief get neer it. it will die fast. The ranger class should have to out range the other classes to stay alive but be equal to remote attacks of a mage

    Your thief classes should kitten anything in light armor like your casters but then reduce damage alittle to med armor and reduce damage alot to heavy armor.

    Warrior classes should rule melee there born and bread for it. but your caster should be able to dot or nerf the melee class for a few but still die to the melee.

    your not gonna make everyone including me happy. but you archer class sucks! your mesmer is over powered by it's speed boost,remote summons range to attack up a kitten wall and two handed primary skill range needs a 400 nerf. your dagger class again should chew threw mages have to work for med armor and almost always parish to melee heavy armor warriors.your casters should not be damaging stuff it cant see or threw or up a wall. want to balance out or make your ranger usable? give it second best range to that of a rifle and make it faster with some natural evade and in WvW a total pain in the kitten to deal with. that will be a correct balance or nerf. thank you for your time.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.