A message from the Guild Wars 2 team about Shining Aureate weapons — Guild Wars 2 Forums

A message from the Guild Wars 2 team about Shining Aureate weapons

Hi everyone,

We’ve collected your feedback on the Shining Aureate weapons introduced with Lunar New Year and acknowledge we missed the mark on this set. We’ll update them soon with improved textures and additional effects.

We’re working on getting this update into the 1/28 release, and any weapons you’ve already unlocked will be spiffed up at that time.

Thank you for your feedback!

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Well done on the update. I might want a few of those for my guardian.

[Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im impressed, and appreciate the update! Ill have to see if i can get a few now!

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the communication there, that's pretty neat. I gotta pick up the slack :)

I rather choose death.

• Oh, cool! Thanks, ArenaNet Team! :+1:

• Ragi.7291Ragi.7291 Member ✭✭

ohhhhh yes, I say yes, thank you for listening!!!!!
    Much, much, much better!!!!

• Lamont.5973Lamont.5973 Member ✭✭✭

That is rather nice. I was not upset by the look but it is nice they will be made better. Thanks

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks anet.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

Wow, I thought they were fine before, but thanks a lot for the improvement!

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, that was cool of you. Thanks!

• HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

So a recolour and glow doesn't take that long after all. Hmm

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

• Esterie.7409Esterie.7409 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020

I was one of the few who didn't really mind how the weapons looked (though I wasn't super into their recoloring either), but I really appreciate the willingness to listen to player feedback.

Editing to add: I'm really looking forward to collecting these weapons now. Before I was going to do it because I was doing the dailies anyway, but now I'm really intrigued!

- — World Completion — -

16 // 40

• Please do keep the current ones! The current shining aureate rinblade is my favorite sword skin. Please, I beg you, don't remove it from the game! I've played 6+ years and i was never as excited for a skin before. as I am for this! You are literally breaking my heart there with this "update".

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

Nice. The legendary armor fix must be soon too then right?

Time gates = content

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for doing this! :D

and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    little boy blue and the man in the moon
    when you comin' home, dad?

• Pleasantly surprised by this thread and the response therein.

I appreciate the willingness to see how your game is received and adjust when possible in response to that feedback. I was one of the players disappointed by the unfinished look of the Shining Aureates, but had planned to try and collect them anyway out of a sense of completionism. After these changes, I will absolutely rev up my efforts not to miss a day. I'm a roleplayer and a veteran of the fashion war, so having these skins be more unique has no downsides for me!

Not only does this response from the company make me feel good, but the renewed interest in the weapons will drive more players to play the content each day and populate the maps which is good for people new to the festival as well as anybody trying to complete the group activities.

• Nooo, why.....! I haven't been doing them
    :s

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

I started off hating on them then started appreciating them in a different. It reminded me of the original game, with its more muted but elegant-looking weapons (yes, some were shiny, but a lot were simpler).

Still, I'm sure the community is happy with this. Top marks ArenaNet.

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• XenoSpyro.1780XenoSpyro.1780 Member ✭✭✭

@Svarty.8019 said:
    Holy smokes ... ... listening to player feedback? AND responding to it? AND communicating?

well after 8 Grenth-damned years, they should be.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Well I'm glad you listened to the feedback. Maybe I'll start doing the dailies now and try and get a couple before the end

I've been doing mine cuz of the 10 ap every 5 days. When you can't get anymore AP from normal dailies, you go to further lengths to get AP elsewhere.

• Aww man, maybe I should have waited before I picked the shield (it was the more interesting weapon of the set to me lol)

• Thandaer.8105Thandaer.8105 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22, 2020

Loved the first set. Love this one. Still a beautuful surprise guys!

• voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2020

I've no interest in either the original or the updated skins, but am super pleased about this sort of dev response. Thanks for listening, guys! This feels like a welcome shift amid a lot of "what were they thinking" moments going around these days.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic! I suppose hold on to your boxes everyone until they change

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• @Fenom.9457 said:

Well, even if one doesn't 'hold onto their boxes', the weapon chosen will be updated.
    I'm wondering, since unlocked skins can not be removed from the Wardrobe, whether one will end up with both skins (after the update).

• I am most unquestionably sure that I speak for everyone when I say:

• Thank you so much, I must be dreaming.

So sweet... So cold... if only the others could taste it...
    So...so good... The crunch of bones...makes it go away, only for a little while...

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

the bigger question is why it thought to be acceptable quality (compared to the high standard of art assets Anet had pride yourself on over the year) in the first place?

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Since some players prefer the first iteration, I'd guess that's why.

• Interesting - wasn't expecting a response this quickly.

Thanks for listening to your playerbase though.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Well, even if one doesn't 'hold onto their boxes', the weapon chosen will be updated.
    I'm wondering, since unlocked skins can not be removed from the Wardrobe, whether one will end up with both skins (after the update).

But we don't know what all the updated skins will look like yet. We have a geneal idea from the preview above, but it looks like only the blades of the sword and axe are glowing, and it doesn't reach all the way down the sword blade. So there might be variation in how it affects the other weapons too. I admit it's a relatively minor detail, but it's still enough that it might change which of my character/s would use them and therefore which weapons I get.

I got my second weapon box today and I'm waiting until after the update to choose so I can try to get one I might actually use.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• @Danikat.8537 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

But we don't know what all the updated skins will look like yet. We have a geneal idea from the preview above, but it looks like only the blades of the sword and axe are glowing, and it doesn't reach all the way down the sword blade. So there might be variation in how it affects the other weapons too. I admit it's a relatively minor detail, but it's still enough that it might change which of my character/s would use them and therefore which weapons I get.

I got my second weapon box today and I'm waiting until after the update to choose so I can try to get one I might actually use.

Well, I wasn't suggested one 'hold' or 'not hold' onto the boxes. Only clarifying that if someone did not, their weapon choice would be updated. Geez.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

tbh.. I kinda liked it..
    the lower graphics gave me a gw1 nostalgic feel

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

I meant hold on because your preference may change

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Indeed. (See above.)

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Well, I wasn't suggested one 'hold' or 'not hold' onto the boxes. Only clarifying that if someone did not, their weapon choice would be updated. Geez.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just clarifying why someone might still want to hold off making a choice even though, as you said, whichever weapon they choose will be updated.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

I appreciate the effort of updating the weapons but in the future, could we get some particle effects that doesn’t rely on golden aura ? I mean, it sorta feels redundant with the weapons that you get acquire in festival of the four winds.

• My main gripe is why aren't weapons that are more Canthan themed released during... Lunar New Year. Why the same old (and imo ugly) Krytan set?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

@Fenom.9457 said:

There won’t be both skins, just the same one with altered graphics. Same as when they update legendaries.

There’s nothing to remove

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

This seems like a strange comment but why "Guild Wars 2 Team"..? I thought GW2 had literally dozens of teams..

I presume you meant to credit the weapons/art team here.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

It's nice to see some positivity. Thanks for the update.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

Well this is pretty cool.

I was disappointed with the weapon skins as well but I was not expecting Anet to give them an upgrade.

I chalked it up to taste mostly, some liked them and others didn't.. that's pretty much normal for just about any cosmetic thing.
    I do hope the original skins are kept as well though.
    Just because a bunch of us don't care for them doesn't mean others should loose them due to a re-skin.
    Everyone wins if we get both :)

• It's great to receive some candid words & actions from you. Thank you!
    I like the planned upgrades. I play with the camera all the way zoomed out, and I like shinies and other effects that are noticeable at that camera level.

• Waffler.1257Waffler.1257 Member ✭✭✭

Can we get underwater versions as well since underwater skins were discontinued and this is one of the few sets that has them?

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but if you could extend the period for which these can be obtained would also be a nice gesture.

• We have until the 4th of February. I think that's probably long enough for this Festival.