Could you please stop making high heels and skimpy armor for females?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:I really do understand that some people want to play with practical armour - and that is totally okay. You are allowed to want that, and you should be allowed to have that.

But GW2 already has options for people to do that if they want.

No, it doesn't. The "not totally skimpy" female armor sets and outfits are extremely limited, and even those sport high heels and/or naked hips/ribs/back/shoulders/thighs or enhance your boobs' size. Not cool.

why does this trigger/offend you?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:I really do understand that some people want to play with practical armour - and that is totally okay. You are allowed to want that, and you should be allowed to have that.

No, it doesn't. The "not totally skimpy" female armor sets and outfits are extremely limited, and even those sport high heels and/or naked hips/ribs/back/shoulders/thighs or enhance your boobs' size. Not cool.

Oh no! Is this true? We should do something about this ?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

There are a lot more conservative outfits and armors then there are skimpy one's... Ever consider that if this game triggers you so much , that it may be isn't for you ?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Which armor sets specifically are you referring to? Which armor sets aren't skimpy, according to you?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Since your post was asking to "stop making" I posted here all the armor sets we got with the expansions:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/759723/#Comment_759723

How many do you find "skimpy"? And how many "not skimpy"? There are 25 sets in that list (8 with 3 weights plus Mistward which is only heavy) Just to see the direction Anet is heading towards.

Can you just request a Black Bin Bag Outfit, and leave the “skimpy” (in your opinion) armor to the rest of us?

There’s so much to choose from in-game and Anet can cater to both prudes and non-prudes alike. Suggesting that Anet shouldn’t ever make sexy/revealing armor is a terrible idea, many players want that kind of armor.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Can you just request a Black Bin Bag Outfit, and leave the “skimpy” (in your opinion) armor to the rest of us?

There’s so much to choose from in-game and Anet can cater to both prudes and non-prudes alike. Suggesting that Anet shouldn’t ever make sexy/revealing armor is a terrible idea, many players want that kind of armor.

I've seen this before: It's not their equipment that's the problem, it's everyone else that doesn't conform to their standard of what they believe we should be allowed to equip.

If this going to happend lets turn all amor unisex cowering all shapes and skin so with ability to hide voice so no one will be triggered(seriusly people telling that women wear or not wear. I dont get why showing skin and our shapes offends ppl so much. And gw2 has very limited wardrobe of skimpy amor.) Let ppl use what amor they want. If it offends you. You should avoid beaches irl since you clearly cant handle it for it dont affect you who is offended .

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Can you just request a Black Bin Bag Outfit, and leave the “skimpy” (in your opinion) armor to the rest of us?

There’s so much to choose from in-game and Anet can cater to both prudes and non-prudes alike. Suggesting that Anet shouldn’t
ever
make sexy/revealing armor is a terrible idea, many players want that kind of armor.

I've seen this before: It's not their equipment that's the problem, it's everyone else that doesn't conform to their standard of what they believe we should be allowed to equip.

Oddly enough, even that can be addressed through game settings, as those of us with potato computers could attest. I just see vague gray blobs everywhere I go.

@Batel.9206 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Of ALL the female boot skins you can equip, just how many are 'high heels'?

To play devil's advocate, I remember going through the light female armor skins and noticing that there were, indeed, a lot of boots and shoes with high heels. However, only a tiny handful were genuine "you could break your ankle wearing this torture contraption"
high
heels. Most were fairly subtle, much like riding boots, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

OK .. but I think the problem here is that we have a person who's issue isn't that there are too many 'high heels', it's that there are ANY high heels. That's not reasonable. Until this person tells us what their standard is for what is 'high heels' and 'skimpy' armor, the response is very simple; Anet can't cater to someone's subjective opinions about what is acceptable to them or not.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Of ALL the female boot skins you can equip, just how many are 'high heels'?

To play devil's advocate, I remember going through the light female armor skins and noticing that there were, indeed, a lot of boots and shoes with high heels. However, only a tiny handful were genuine "you could break your ankle wearing this torture contraption"
high
heels. Most were fairly subtle, much like riding boots, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

OK .. but I think the problem here is that we have a person who's issue isn't that there are too many 'high heels', it's that there are ANY high heels. That's not reasonable. Until this person tells us what their standard is for what is 'high heels' and 'skimpy' armor, the response is very simple; Anet can't cater to someone's subjective opinions about what is acceptable to them or not.

Funny because I looked through the wardrobe and I wouldn't consider any of them 'high heels', by my standards (granted with my woman card.) All of the footwear that has a heel in game are low-mid high riding boots.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Of ALL the female boot skins you can equip, just how many are 'high heels'?

high

Funny because I looked through the wardrobe and I wouldn't consider
any
of them 'high heels', by my standards (granted with my woman card.) All of the footwear that has a heel in game are low-mid high riding boots.

Considering that half the point of high heels is to encourage a change of posture, and that different boot types don't produce different animations AFAIK, it's sort of an all or nothing proposition: either nothing is functionally a high heel, or everything is and changing artwork on future boot skins won't change that.

.. why is this even a thing? It's a video game; I don't care much for reality seeping in and ruining it. I mean, I don't care if you run around in your underwear, but when you start to try and take things away from people. I guess I don't understand. Video games is as close as I get to public interaction, for the most part. Social anxiety is fun. and it sucks

i need sleep

OP, you play your game and I'll play mine. Please do not assume you know how I, or others want or would like our characters to look. If you had said "please let there be more non-skimpy choices" I would have supported you 100% as choice is always good but when you are advocating for the elimination of any future armor/outfits that are a bit more skimpier than your tastes run I have to say NO.

You do not get to impose your desires on myself and the others that have posted here that like and utilize the skimpier armor/outfits.

It's time to put a stop to the "I don't like it so no one can have it" movement.

...I was bored.So, I can't check all of these in-game right now (I'll do that tonight if I get time), but from what I can see on the wiki, the armor sets that have high heels are as follows:

! Female light armor:! Cabalist! Exalted! Apprentice! Magician! Carapace! Phoenix! Diviner! Council Ministry! Winged! Zodiac! Incarnate! The three separate tiers of Envoy (legendary) armor!! Female medium armor:! Firstborn (sylvari cultural armor)! Three tiers of Envoy armor!! Female heavy armor:! Phalanx! Three tiers of Envoy armor...maybe.! Of those, only Cabalist, Winged, Incarnate, Zodiac, and Carapace actually had high heels (most pronounced on female sylvari); the rest are more like riding boots, which are in no way impractical. And of those, only Zodiac can even truly count as "high" heels; the others are still incredibly low, so it appears I was wrong in my earlier assessment; blame my spectacularly bad memory on that one. :)

TL;DR: For light armor, 14 out of 77 armor sets have heels. Might be off on that count because I may have missed some, but it's roughly about that. That's about 63 light armor sets that have no heels whatsoever, counting all of the human/norn/sylvari cultural armor. There are two sets of medium female armor that have heels (well, five, if you count the three different tiers of Envoy armor as separate from each other). One set of heavy armor has heels.TL;DR part 2: There is nothing to complain about on this front. [mic drop]

...clearly, I have too much time on my hands.

@Batel.9206 said:TL;DR: For light armor, 14 out of 77 armor sets have heels. Might be off on that count because I may have missed some, but it's roughly about that. That's about 63 light armor sets that have no heels whatsoever, counting all of the human/norn/sylvari cultural armor. There are two sets of medium female armor that have heels (well, five, if you count the three different tiers of Envoy armor as separate from each other). One set of heavy armor has heels.TL;DR part 2: There is nothing to complain about on this front. [mic drop]Thanks for doing the research. (It's the sort of thing I wish that thread creators would do more often: find out more details about the situations before making a request, leveling a critique, or offering a suggestion.)

...clearly, I have too much time on my hands.

There's data, there's big data, and there's @Batel.9206 :)

I gotta say this....My roommate, who is female, has the same complaint. Well in opposition to you. I mean...she loves heels and hates that there are literally like one attempt maybe two at heels in general. And she thinks they suck. I mean....I agree that as far as heavy and medium armor goes...nothing is girly really. I feel it would be great to have some options where my heavy and medium armor characters are not busy trying to be men. Last time I checked it was okay to be a girl.... but I dunno these days if you can't dress like a man then for some reason its offensive. But then... you can dress like a man or woman in GW2. Just less often can you be effeminate if you are heavy or medium armor. Heavy you are a Knight of the Round Table usually, and medium you are a pirate....Yarr do not get me started on that damn medium armor that makes you look like a damn rooster....More heels, more effeminate armors.. Please. I am tired of it being wrong to be a girl and only right to be a man.

heck no, I want like more fur and bone based armor. Some conan armor for male characters would be cool, so that I could have my norn have that barbarian look or maybe a shirtless top for my norn to show off his tattoos. I feel like the game is TOO conservative with showing skin as it is (I play male, more norn than anything else if anything else besides charr.) Id love to have for example a fur loin-clothe that hangs to my ankles with rendered textures, mixed with chain-mail, hide and a skull belt. Fur wraps around my arms and legs and no shirt so everyone can see my tattoos which is one of the norns big things. (Only race to have tattoos is norn... let us show em.)

How about some tribalistic, shaman armor for charr or some more animal hide (Like the new raven head and shoulders) for norn? Nah we have enough practical armor, this is a fantasy game and we need more options to fill the niches. I respect that you might be sensitive about skimpy armor, but that is your choice not to wear it and it is mine to do so at my behest.

@Zhou.3605 said:I gotta say this....My roommate, who is female, has the same complaint. Well in opposition to you. I mean...she loves heels and hates that there are literally like one attempt maybe two at heels in general. And she thinks they suck. I mean....I agree that as far as heavy and medium armor goes...nothing is girly really. I feel it would be great to have some options where my heavy and medium armor characters are not busy trying to be men. Last time I checked it was okay to be a girl.... but I dunno these days if you can't dress like a man then for some reason its offensive. But then... you can dress like a man or woman in GW2. Just less often can you be effeminate if you are heavy or medium armor. Heavy you are a Knight of the Round Table usually, and medium you are a pirate....Yarr do not get me started on that kitten medium armor that makes you look like a kitten rooster....More heels, more effeminate armors.. Please. I am tired of it being wrong to be a girl and only right to be a man.

Nearly all of the female medium and heavy armors are feminine.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Zhou.3605 said:I gotta say this....My roommate, who is female, has the same complaint. Well in opposition to you. I mean...she loves heels and hates that there are literally like one attempt maybe two at heels in general. And she thinks they suck. I mean....I agree that as far as heavy and medium armor goes...nothing is girly really. I feel it would be great to have some options where my heavy and medium armor characters are not busy trying to be men. Last time I checked it was okay to be a girl.... but I dunno these days if you can't dress like a man then for some reason its offensive. But then... you can dress like a man or woman in GW2. Just less often can you be effeminate if you are heavy or medium armor. Heavy you are a Knight of the Round Table usually, and medium you are a pirate....Yarr do not get me started on that kitten medium armor that makes you look like a kitten rooster....More heels, more effeminate armors.. Please. I am tired of it being wrong to be a girl and only right to be a man.

I am not saying they do not show that the character is female. But they are without a doubt masculine femininity.

@Zhou.3605 said:

I am not saying they do not show that the character is female. But they are without a doubt masculine femininity.

a lot of the medium armours are tench-coats or huge coats of some kind. while some are effeminate, most of these coats are unisex in appeal

that said, imo medium class could use more light jackets/vests over shirts with short/no sleeves (like the krytan jerkin) or tight fitting suits (akin to elegy/requiem but with less shiny/metal bits dangling) - stuff that could express the female curves without being skimpy (so we wont offend the OP and the like) while the male version of these could be all macho (shirts/jackets) or sleek looking (stealthy body suit) with these

@Zhou.3605 said:

Many (most?) of the female heavy armour sets have boobplates. Are you saying boobplates are masculine?!