Mount Skins Ideas — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mount Skins Ideas

Hello!
I was thinking about mount skins i would love to see in the shop and i had 2 ideas:
1."Guild" Mount Skins - Mount skins that display the guild emblem (on a caparison or saddle with a long"cloth" part attached to it )
2.Adventure/Exploration Mount Skins - Skins with bags/sleeping bag , hanging sword etc.

What do you think ? What skins would you like to see in the shop?

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm all in favour of Guild Mount skins

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like the idea of guild mounts.

    I also really want sylvari themed mounts. Ideally ones which can be dyed to suit a normal sylvari, nightmare or mordrem theme. But I'd be happy with just sylvari ones, I love the idea of my character riding around on a giant fern hound.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • I think a pirate themed set could be cool.

  • Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

    Insect mounts, undead mounts, ice frozen mounts. Heavy armor mounts, skinny mounts, fat mounts, ooze shaped mounts, flag carrier mounts, candy mounts, mechanical mounts, wooden puppet mounts....list is endless

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I just look forward to seeing more dragon mount skins. I wound up liking the humming bird way more than I thought though. And I'm glad they decided to get a bit more creative this time than just throwing a sparkle texture on the regular model.

  • Ayalet.4970Ayalet.4970 Member ✭✭

    hoping for some sylvari themed mounts. Oof and can't wait to see the different dragons skins for the upcoming skydrake, although always wanted an Aurene mount </3 sounds weird but maybe even mounts inspired from defiant glass armored mounts would look cool or even passed Black lion weapon skins can inspire more mount skins.

    ☆ Fear, not this night. You will not go astray. Though Shadows fall still the stars find their way. ☆

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2019

    I would not mind one based on Gum Drops, the Noble Steed in Guild Wars.

  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My bets are they will make good money on guild one for warclaw

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I would like to see mechanical/steampunk mountfits, Or even mytical creatures. Would be cool to have my raptor look like a unicorn.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    I like the idea of guild mounts.

    I also really want sylvari themed mounts. Ideally ones which can be dyed to suit a normal sylvari, nightmare or mordrem theme. But I'd be happy with just sylvari ones, I love the idea of my character riding around on a giant fern hound.

    Fern Hound sounds so much like a no-brainer for the Jackal. And when you blink it would leave behind a swirl of leaves (preferred) or if they want to go econo, green mist.

  • joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019

    To the OP's suggestion, that sounds more like "Saddle skins" than actual mount skins though. Wouldn't be surprised if they actually added something like that, so players had another thing to buy all the skins for to have every single saddle skin in the game, I'm guessing the usual-suspects would go wild on that.

    Personally, I'm just hoping they eventually make some skins that will actually make me want to use some of the mounts. I generally dislike most of the skins so far, and the only one I've found more than a single skin I like for is the Raptor. Ah well, everyone has different taste.

    Edit: If I see that ******* ****** ****** Whale from ff14 in GW2 I quit!

    Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (way too much), Guild Wars 1: Pre-Searing

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:
    Would be cool to have my raptor look like a unicorn.

    That's not even the same body type?

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Mordrem and Risen mounts.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019

    One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.
    Now, hold your non-existent horses.

    What i mean is, you buy the raptor, but it will have 5 skins depending on your character.
    For example, the raptor will be a normal raptor in Defender Armor for a human.
    It will be a golemoid- for an asura. Dryadic for a sylvary. Etc.
    For the norn, it could actually be a Wild Spirit (or a minotaur), and for the charr it would look like a raptor in armor, with mechanic parts with a forge-like chestpiece. Pistons along the legs to support its jumping power

    @OP, guild mounts are a great idea.
    But maybe they would be even better if they were unlocked by a great effort of the guild working together, rather than a simple gem store purchase. That would give them some emotional value as well

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Nury.3062Nury.3062 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.
    Now, hold your non-existent horses.

    What i mean is, you buy the raptor, but it will have 5 skins depending on your character.
    For example, the raptor will be a normal raptor in Defender Armor for a human.
    It will be a golemoid- for an asura. Dryadic for a sylvary. Etc.
    For the norn, it could actually be a Wild Spirit (or a minotaur), and for the charr it would look like a raptor in armor, with mechanic parts with a forge-like chestpiece. Pistons along the legs to support its jumping power

    @OP, guild mounts are a great idea.
    But maybe they would be even better if they were unlocked by a great effort of the guild working together, rather than a simple gem store purchase. That would give them some emotional value as well

    We kinda have that already in a way...Exo Suit>Asura Shiverpeak > Norn

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nury.3062 said:

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.
    Now, hold your non-existent horses.

    What i mean is, you buy the raptor, but it will have 5 skins depending on your character.
    For example, the raptor will be a normal raptor in Defender Armor for a human.
    It will be a golemoid- for an asura. Dryadic for a sylvary. Etc.
    For the norn, it could actually be a Wild Spirit (or a minotaur), and for the charr it would look like a raptor in armor, with mechanic parts with a forge-like chestpiece. Pistons along the legs to support its jumping power

    @OP, guild mounts are a great idea.
    But maybe they would be even better if they were unlocked by a great effort of the guild working together, rather than a simple gem store purchase. That would give them some emotional value as well

    We kinda have that already in a way...Exo Suit>Asura Shiverpeak > Norn

    Exo suit, sort of, yea
    But I was thinking more golem than just a few attached parts.
    And for the norn I was thinking spirit, or greater beasts, since they’re hunters. Not regular mounts in Braham’s bra

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Sinmir.6504Sinmir.6504 Member ✭✭

    Maybe a bit late in the festival, but I'll say it anyway, Super Adventure Box mounts.

  • WEENIE DOG MOUNT PLOX.

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    Sylvari-themed (I'm even okay with just the usual mount models but covered in "dye-able" vines and plant-like doodads.)
    Charr-themed (Steam-punk style or battle-ravaged)

    Apathy is death.

  • Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sinmir.6504 said:
    Maybe a bit late in the festival, but I'll say it anyway, Super Adventure Box mounts.

    It was a waste not to make a super adventure frog skin for the Springer

    -Balwarc [ICoa]

  • Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

    @Naxos.2503 said:
    Guild mount skins in particular would probably be quite interesting, if modeled well

    It makes a difference if its purchased through the guild vendor or the gem store, because honestly it should be on the guild vendor.

  • Temujin.7356Temujin.7356 Member ✭✭

    Well how about some mythology themed mounts and some used from Guild Wars 1. The Kirin/Pixiu & Chimera mount for Warclaw. The Bat mount for Skyscale. The Celestial Dragon mount for Skimmer. The Phoenix mount for Griffon. Bonebreaker/Rolling Devil mount for Roller Beetle. The Maguuma Toad for Springer. The Stonehead mount for Raptor.

  • Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019

    @joneirikb.7506 said:
    To the OP's suggestion, that sounds more like "Saddle skins" than actual mount skins though. Wouldn't be surprised if they actually added something like that, so players had another thing to buy all the skins for to have every single saddle skin in the game, I'm guessing the usual-suspects would go wild on that.

    Personally, I'm just hoping they eventually make some skins that will actually make me want to use some of the mounts. I generally dislike most of the skins so far, and the only one I've found more than a single skin I like for is the Raptor. Ah well, everyone has different taste.

    Edit: If I see that ******* ****** ****** Whale from ff14 in GW2 I quit!

    Actually, there have been a few which could be described as 'saddle skins.' Like the Shiverpeaks and Awakened mount packs. IMO, it would be a good idea if they did add some nice, small but noticeable tack changes to the just-a-recolor mounts, to make them a little more distinctive and desirable.

    Of all the suggestions for mount skins, I think the Sylvari ones have been requested the most consistently since mounts began, and I wish Anet would get on it.

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

    I’d love sylvari-themed mounts, especially if the jackal made it’s leap in a swirl of leaves! :love:

    Personally, I’m not keen on guild mounts. I prefer to customize my look for my character and plus some of the logos are unattractive. Perhaps it could be an optional part of a skin?

    I’d also love to see a spider mount! =)

    All-in-all, really love what Anet’s done with the mounts and look forward to seeing more!

  • PlagueParade.7942PlagueParade.7942 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm hoping that they'll add mount skins for the year 7 chest (pick one a year).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.