Convinced my friend to buy this, sorely dissapointed

Sicktanick.4369

Living World episodes and expansions are separate content yet some people have in thier head that they should get one free when they buy the other. These are two different products. The real issue that keeps popping up in this discussion is that the LW stuff is kinda hidden from new buyers until they get into the game. I agree that this could be presented more clearly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

100% agree that the LW model should be presented more clearly and that there should be a bundle option to buy them along with the related expansions, and of course an "everything" bundle that comes with everything.  It would go a long way towards streamlining the new player experience and avoid the unpleasant "hidden cost" sensation.

Also agree that GW2 and all of its content is an incredible value, especially considering the LW content can be obtained free, discounted, or purchased via gold-to-gems which can be earned in a reasonable time just by playing the game.

That's exactly what I did as a new player.  Tried the free base game for a few weeks, decided I liked it enough to buy the expansions, and earned gold which I gradually traded for gems to buy the LW content when it went on discount.  I prioritized gems for LW seasons I missed before I started playing and I got current episodes free just by logging in.  Really wasn't difficult.  The only thing better is catching them all free like they've been since this summer.

TL;DR: GW2 content is an incredible value, but the LW model should be presented more clearly to avoid unpleasant surprises nonetheless.

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I personaly liked that live storys was locked, it was gived me big motivation to go for 20g/h maps and interact with other players as im not in to shiny stuff

Also buy them when is 75-50% discount

Then whole sezon cost only 150-200g

Its like 3h of game for 7d

The whole season definitely is not 150-200g, I have 387g on my account, after looking at the gem transfer rates I can get half of one living story season.

Again, for people that keep skimming posts, the cost may be fair, but that is not the point. Also can we get a check on "1000s of hours of content for only another 50 bucks"...it is not 1000 hours of content, lets be real. 

No one is bashing your game, my friend got his game refunded immediately (shout out to ANet support for being cool about  it) so in the end no harm no foul, I expressed displeasure that my friend got smacked by this hidden cost info and decided to 180 and nope the hell out so now I am stuck playing solo.

It is unfortunate it was not said up front. If we want to really dig in to other MMO costs, WoW/FF has way way more replay value on the content it has, from the videos etc. a lot of the old GW stuff isn't even touched, dungeons are dead more or less because they give nothing of value etc. This is all from "should you play in 2021" videos etc. since I was advised to do this and get some knowledge, if you didn't already know, most of these videos say to NOT play this game now.

I will say, besides the select few, this community seems nowhere near as toxic as other games.

Further, I didn't even consider the cost of my friend now being able to choose my server because it is "full"...I logged in...it is defintely not.

I let the few toxic people get to me and now im bashing aspects of the game, my apologies I still love this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

The whole season definitely is not 150-200g, I have 387g on my account, after looking at the gem transfer rates I can get half of one living story season.

Again, for people that keep skimming posts, the cost may be fair, but that is not the point. Also can we get a check on "1000s of hours of content for only another 50 bucks"...it is not 1000 hours of content, lets be real. 

No one is bashing your game, my friend got his game refunded immediately (shout out to ANet support for being cool about  it) so in the end no harm no foul, I expressed displeasure that my friend got smacked by this hidden cost info and decided to 180 and nope the hell out so now I am stuck playing solo.

It is unfortunate it was not said up front. If we want to really dig in to other MMO costs, WoW/FF has way way more replay value on the content it has, from the videos etc. a lot of the old GW stuff isn't even touched, dungeons are dead more or less because they give nothing of value etc. This is all from "should you play in 2021" videos etc. since I was advised to do this and get some knowledge, if you didn't already know, most of these videos say to NOT play this game now.

I will say, besides the select few, this community seems nowhere near as toxic as other games.

Further, I didn't even consider the cost of my friend now being able to choose my server because it is "full"...I logged in...it is defintely not.

I let the few toxic people get to me and now im bashing aspects of the game, my apologies I still love this game.

Ok you can buy half a season now but is it  75-50% discount like the guy said for it to be 150-200g?

Your server being full is calculated on how many people play wvwvw activly over months.

Pve is mega server system so your world dont matter anyway and they are trying to implement the same system in wvwvw with the upcomming alliance system that will be first beta the 24th this month.

Dungens are old 2012 content that is legacy it wont be updated they moved over to fractals something you urself said you had played before so should not come as a chock.

Edit

About the videos saying not to play gw2, did you skip past these?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Ok you can buy half a season now but is it  75-50% discount like the guy said for it to be 150-200g?

Your server being full is calculated on how many people play wvwvw activly over months.

Pve is mega server system so your world dont matter anyway and they are trying to implement the same system in wvwvw with the upcomming alliance system that will be first beta the 24th this month.

Dungens are old 2012 content that is legacy it wont be updated they moved over to fractals something you urself said you had played before so should not come as a chock.

Well yea, so it makes sense to not include any of that "content" in the price if it is obsolete and due to that, never done. So now we are chipping down at the content vs price. Add in that even people defending the price have said "LS isn't even needed", so we are going to end up paying for content not even needed just to experience obsolete content just so we can get a better idea of the over arching story.

If you played WoW and you went halfway through a questline and a message popped up and said "enter CC and pay 3.99 to access second part of quest, this price includes the story and no other bonuses" there would be outrage. Same with ESO, New world, FF, or any other MMO sub or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

Well yea, so it makes sense to not include any of that "content" in the price if it is obsolete and due to that, never done. So now we are chipping down at the content vs price. Add in that even people defending the price have said "LS isn't even needed", so we are going to end up paying for content not even needed just to experience obsolete content just so we can get a better idea of the over arching story.

If you played WoW and you went halfway through a questline and a message popped up and said "enter CC and pay 3.99 to access second part of quest, this price includes the story and no other bonuses" there would be outrage. Same with ESO, New world, FF, or any other MMO sub or not.

Nah wow is even worse, ops your 30 days are up so you cant play at all mate.

Better fork over money so you can login to your character.

Edit

Just because its legacy dont mean you cant play them.

Have you tried to put up a lfg for dungeon runs?

You dont have to sit around and wait do what ever you like while waiting for groups to fill.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Edit

About the videos saying not to play gw2, did you skip past these?

Did you actually watch those? 3 of those stated how if you are looking for something to do, play this. If that is the best advertisement for the game....I can't imagine it living long.

Again I apologize for my attitude to everyone that was supportive, just seems to be a few condescending people who can't comprehend a second sticker price that you are unaware of being annoying.

I also think it is a very poor soapbox to stand on if one of the best defenses available is "but I mean if you get it on sale"

Edited by Sicktanick.4369
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

No game that is 4 years old should cost an upwards of 100 dollars.

Maybe I just have a different perspective there as someone who enjoys grand strategy, 4X games etc., where racking up >100€/$ price points is more than common over the years with numerous minor content packs and expansions. 

But just like with GW2, while coming to them late to the party feels very daunting "having to" buy all these things for the full experience, you generally really don't have to. 

Especially for GW2 and it's living world, very few of them contain core content/mechanics such as extra Mounts with the Beetle and Skyscale, and for the story you can really take your time. 

Launch players played that content over 9 years after all, waiting a few weeks to make those payments each, be it via gold through farming/regular play or minor payments along the way, it's really not that outrageous when you consider that after that you'll own everything "forever" with no constant sunk costs to keep playing. 

GW2 makes it genuinely viable to play the game for years without paying a cent, while still getting access to store shinies via gold conversion, where similar games often charge more than the complained about cost to entry yearly just for the privilege of being able to keep playing. 

So yea, I get how it sucks initially, but when you think about it it's a really, really good deal, especially since you can get the Core Game + HoT + PoF + EoD for 50€/$ right now, which is less than just the now free core game cost on launch. 

100€/$ for the Ultimate collection with enough gems to get all of LW is still a pretty crazy deal for 9 years of content, compared to alternatives such as grand strategy upfront costs or other MMO's reoccurring sub-fees.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

Maybe I just have a different perspective there as someone who enjoys grand strategy, 4X games etc., where racking up >100€/$ price points is more than common over the years with numerous minor content packs and expansions. 

But just like with GW2, while coming to them late to the party feels very daunting "having to" buy all these things for the full experience, you generally really don't have to. 

Especially for GW2 and it's living world, very few of them contain core content/mechanics such as extra Mounts with the Beetle and Skyscale, and for the story you can really take your time. 

Launch players played that content over 9 years after all, waiting a few weeks to make those payments each, be it via gold through farming/regular play or minor payments along the way, it's really not that outrageous when you consider that after that you'll own everything "forever" with no constant sunk costs to keep playing. 

GW2 makes it genuinely viable to play the game for years without paying a cent, while still getting access to store shinies via gold conversion, where similar games often charge more than the complained about cost to entry yearly just for the privilege of being able to keep playing. 

So yea, I get how it sucks initially, but when you think about it it's a really, really good deal, especially since you can get the Core Game + HoT + PoF + EoD for 50€/$ right now, which is less than just the now free core game cost on launch. 

100€/$ for the Ultimate collection with enough gems to get all of LW is still a pretty crazy deal for 9 years of content, compared to alternatives such as grand strategy upfront costs or other MMO's reoccurring sub-fees.

It is even 50% of with prime gaming this month mate.

45 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

You can't really argue 9 years of content if none if it is even touched anymore though, id argue almost 50% of that content isn't even done anymore due to it being obsolete, only way you will experience most of it is going back with a group of friends, which means you need to get a group of friends on the game, hope they enjoy doing old content, or at least willing to put up with it for new players, and then find the time commitment to do said things.

It seems a huge part of the solo portion of the game is extra cost, and the other portion is not even played anymore.

That being said, I seem to have lost a huge amount of my old items to a hacker, which is very unfortunate. Contacted Anet and they wanted the names of said items...does anyone remember the names of the old ghosty purple items? lol.

Also, I have like a gross amount of karma, is that still used for things?

Edited by Sicktanick.4369
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

You can't really argue 9 years of content if none if it is even touched anymore though, id argue almost 50% of that content isn't even done anymore due to it being obsolete, only way you will experience most of it is going back with a group of friends, which means you need to get a group of friends on the game, hope they enjoy doing old content, or at least willing to put up with it for new players, and then find the time commitment to do said things.

It seems a huge part of the solo portion of the game is extra cost, and the other portion is not even played anymore.

That being said, I seem to have lost a huge amount of my old items to a hacker, which is very unfortunate. Contacted Anet and they wanted the names of said items...does anyone remember the names of the old ghosty purple items? lol.

Are you talking about these?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasm_weapons

1 hour ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

I dropped WoW after 15 years of half-hardcore game. And played several others MMOs. Guild Wars 2 from last year - my main MMO and I don't think that I'll "completely" return to WoW ever again. 
WoW: 
- much worse story and story-characters (Thrall and co - not real story, just "backline story" if even one)

- MUCH worse items appearance-wise, WoW - one of the worst item design between all "world main MMO's" 
- bad game-design: time-gates to anything, "farm to farm" - and without even a hint of good rewards
- BAD class design, it's for 12 year-old kids. When I log-in last year in WoW, I played like few hours... and dropped it, because couldn't play such mind-destroying dumb gameplay. Almost zero build variety, uninteresting battle-system.
Almost zero skill in PvP - you just need to see your buttons and train your micro like in Starcraft 2 - for silence, stun etc., (cast-interrupts). You can't improve your skill in PvP with your class - because there is no mechanics to improve. Damage > Heal > Damage > Heal (10 min+)

Yep, I like some WoW expansions very much, but... it's not even close to GW2. Yep, WoW have good end-game PvE like raids and keys, but... even think that I never played it, heard that FF14 have similar good end-game PvE. So - nothing very unique. And if you think that you can play with it - sry, not so fast 😄 Don't forget about time-gates - like month+ or so. And yep - you'll need to play once every 3 days (at least) - or no serious high-end content for you and no time-gate progress.

I can't say anything about FF (no exp with it), but WoW... maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but they completely failed all WoW main-story and most of side-stories. If you want "one-time" amusement park without interesting battles and failed story - WoW "ready to go".
For all other things - yep, GW2 have much more "real" content, which is interesting to play unlike modern WoW. If you want some grind and time-gates - you can pick any hard-Asian MMO's - with beautiful cat-girls and without dwarf women.

Edited by Loules.8601
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Don’t know if someone already mentioned this but he can buy the pack with 4K gems and then buy living seasons from the gems. And now they are giving away the episodes. (Don’t know if they already gave the last one because I already have them) 

but maybe a bundle with all living seasons in it for less gems. Maybe give ppl who bought the expansions bundle a token that can be seen by the shop and then ppl are able to buy a special living season bundle for maybe 3k gems? 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

You can't really argue 9 years of content if none if it is even touched anymore though, id argue almost 50% of that content isn't even done anymore due to it being obsolete

On what basis are you arguing this? Sorry to say, but you sound more and more like you haven't even properly explored the game beyond the first two months after release, and are now grabbing at internet "information" to convince yourself that it's bad.

I honestly can't think of anything in this game that's become obsolete and truly isn't touched anymore. Dungeons aren't as popular as they used to be in 2012, but I regularly pug different dungeons through lfg since I enjoy playing them, and there's never a problem finding others to fill the party within minutes. It's a mix of new players and veterans alike, some that want to experience the content, some that are in it for the skins, some looking for dungeon currency for legendary weapon gifts or exclusive runes and sigils, and some (like me) because they enjoy running dungeons occasionally.

The beauty of GW2 is that there is no such thing as truly obsolete content. No matter what content you enjoy, there will always be people around to play with, and the game gives you tools to find them, from megaserver pve maps to lfg, and no matter your goal, all content will give rewards that in some way or another allow you to get closer to your goal(s). You don't have to farm a single boss to get materials to craft a legendary weapon, or exclusively play just one map for weeks and months to get the resources you need. There's always alternate ways to get to your goal, and there's always people on each of these ways to play with.

On the original question of "hidden" cost from additional DLC, I have to admit I have a hard time understanding why anybody would feel the need to buy "everything" up front in a game that's been going for years and that they haven't even tried to see if it suits their needs, nor spent any time looking at what releases are part of the game. This is 2021 after all, DLC content of all sizes being dropped into games is not exactly new after all (**feels the stare of the 30+ Sims games, expansions, add-ons etc. coming from the shelf behind her back, some of them dating back 20 years**).

Whenever I try a new game, I usually try to figure out how many "parts" it has (including expansions, dlc, battle passes, subscriptions, must-have micro transactions, and whatever else people come up with these days) and go for whatever looks like a good starting point to me that will allow me to figure out if I like the game enough to buy all the rest. Sometimes it's a lot of content because of a bundle that's too good to pass (like the Civ VI platinum edition), but more often than not it's just the base game with one or two most promising looking expansions/dlc, then buy the rest later if I find it does actually appeal to me and expands my gameplay.

GW2 living world does contain story episodes as well as maps with new events and achievements. They are nice to have if you like pve gameplay, and each of them offers a lot of content that is regularly played, but at the same time are in no way mandatory, since the game (as mentioned above) doesn't lock any must-have content behind a narrow selection of content. If you want to play them, that's fine, and you'll get your money's worth out of them, but if you'd rather skip them and spend your money (in game or out of) on different stuff, that's just as valid.

From reading this thread, I suspect that both you and your friends fell into the trap of thinking GW2 works like most other MMORPGs out there, in that you have to linearly "work" your way through the game to be able to unlock other parts of the game to eventually get to the "true endgame" where only a small part of the available content is relevant to top-end gameplay. GW2 doesn't work that way. It is a lot less linear and doesn't lead you around by a carrot on a stick. It's much more sandbox-y than any of the other MMORPGs I've played, even ESO. You can (and you have to) pick your own goals, and find out what content you actually enjoy.  Everything is relevant, and everything is endgame, it just depends on what you enjoy.

If you want to buy the DLC, go ahead, there is a lot of content in there, and all of it is played regularly. Still, all of it is optional, as beyond region-specific cosmetics, there is nothing locked behind the DLC that you wan't do another way. Even the mounts that you can unlock in some of the episodes aren't mandatory, anywhere you can go with them you can go with the default mounts, too.

Sorry you and your friends fell into the trap of "must unlock everything, and unlock it now", without anybody telling you that there is no need to do it. If you find the game fun, it sure is a purchase that's worth it, but there really was no need to rush ahead, only to feel buyer's remorse right after. Give the game another chance taking one step after the other. There no need to rush anywhere, stop and smell the flowers as long as you like. The content you unlocked offers years of exploration and fun. Just be prepared to decide for yourself what you enjoy in this game, rather than letting people on the internet tell you what you "must" do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

Well the core game is free as it is, but I still see people in every map and they're not just new players and the vast majority of the core game is solo content. So I'm not sure why you need to bring a group of friends to old content.

• Like 2

The thing that currently attracts so many people to FF14 is the continuity of the story cause by playing through it in order you get attached to the setting and characters a lot more cause you get to see them develop.

I do like what's there but as a returning players who's missed a bunch and wasn't aware of the giveaways when they started I do have to pay a fair bit extra to get what I feel is the proper experience.

It recaps you on LS1 which I played back in the day, but not all of it, so seeing the finale and how it shaped the world was cool.

I did miss out on LS2 and only know snippets but get how it ties into HoT, then I played the intro to PoF to get the mount and who you even fight against despite dialogue stating you've seen them before you don't directly get.

I imagine due to LS4 and 5/Icebrood being before end of dragons, there'd be another huge gap for anyone joining prior or during its release which as people pointed out is going to get worse over time.

I feel the story and writing is severely weakened when player investment isnt high enough due to missing out on those moments that do have impact on how major lore characters or the world change or events that set up villains because you're missing what makes the fight so important.

As a silly example, imagine watching the third lord of the rings movie without having watched the first 2. The fights are still cool and you see the characters perform some impressive stuff, but it doesn't feel as big because you did not get to experience how long and hard of a journey it took to even get there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sicktanick.4369 said:

First things first: I agree that ANet should do a better job of explaining what LW is, and that it is not included in a standard purchase. That said, you made this a lot worse for your friend.

This entire post seems to indicate your lack of engagement and knowledge with the game. Core maps (the 9-year-old content) remain highly populated, as do the maps from the first expansion. Your friend doesn't have to choose your server to play with you, thanks to megaservers (and soon to be added for WvW, alliances). Dungeons might be officially abandoned content for development purposes, but brand new people put up LFGs every day and get them filled in minutes. Pretty much every single thing you mentioned is a non-issue.

You just don't know the game. You didn't even know how LW works.

As others have said, the advice you should have given to your friend is to try out the core game for free, and see if they even like it. This is especially true for someone who doesn't have personal knowledge of game systems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 2:10 AM, Sicktanick.4369 said:

I definitely think people are missing my friends point, having not played the game at all, and even if you count it from the latest expansion the game being 4 years old, its base price of the game is not a bad deal at all for what you get. I would also agree that it may be one of the best price point for content you can get from games these days.

That being said, finding out that to really play the game to its core, you are paying well over that price. Almost 100 dollars worth (with the sale its less, without it its more). Unless you want to spend everything you have, and then some at 80 to transfer to gems just to have a taste of the living story. Is in fact, very punishing to new people.

No game that is 4 years old should cost an upwards of 100 dollars. It would be very easy and reasonable to show up front the actual price you will pay for the game. I would gladly spend, say 80 dollars in a bundle, then spend 40 get hype, and find out I need to spend another 60 down the line.

Imagine your favorite game, its refreshing, different, a good time...you are enjoying it...then boom you go to load in to the next area and it asks you for your CC and to pay 15.99 to access this level. You are enjoying it and you are willing to spend the money sure, but that initial reaction is a kitten feeling and I think we can all agree on that.

Game development and maintenance isn’t free. This game doesn’t charge a sub fee either. $100 bucks is a small price to pay for almost 10 years of game content,… and $0 has to be be spent after, barring another Xpac.

The main problem here is you and your friend want or feel entitled to as much as you can get for free with the Xpacs, ignoring the fact the lack of monthly fee. And if you think about it, divide up that $100 by a decade worth of game and content, and that breaks down to $10 a year worth of investment. 

And I guarantee that you and your friend, just like we all do, have spent money on frivolous things that are way more expensive, or add up to be way more expensive, than spending a $100 bucks on a video game without a monthly fee that you don’t have to fork over for a monthly sub.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Fenris Silverfang.7906 said:

I feel the story and writing is severely weakened when player investment isnt high enough due to missing out on those moments that do have impact on how major lore characters or the world change or events that set up villains because you're missing what makes the fight so important.

As a silly example, imagine watching the third lord of the rings movie without having watched the first 2. The fights are still cool and you see the characters perform some impressive stuff, but it doesn't feel as big because you did not get to experience how long and hard of a journey it took to even get there.

I agree completely. This is actually a more fundamental problem with LW than the poor marketing/explanation of it that OP highlighted.

ANet is trying to have its cake and eat it too.

If they want to explain LW DLC so poorly and make it so easy to miss, they shouldn't include central story elements/important things like the Skyscale in it. On the other hand, if they want to include all these essential elements, they need to explain the system better. Instead, ANet is doing both: (1) not explaining it and making it look like purely side content from a purchasing standpoint, then (2) throwing all sorts of essential stuff in there anyways. The utterly shabby implementation of LW sales is one reason I believe GW2 is not at all ready for an FFXIV-like renaissance. Some content creators chirp on about 2022 being the year where EoD rockets GW2 to the top of the heap. They'd better pray that it doesn't happen - this game will get refund and review bombed because of experiences like OP's friend.

There is always the option of new people playing through the xpacs without LW. But as Fenris says, that destroys engagement. As a new player, I beat Zhaitan, then moved right into HoT. I had absolutely no clue who all these new randoms calling me "boss" were, and why I should even be letting these clowns follow me around (except Rox. She's cool, and this is coming from someone who hates Charr).

Overall the LW seasons are a design error that ANet will be paying for until the sunset of this game. If you want to make something optional and missable, fine - don't put important stuff in it. If you do want to put important stuff in it, explain it better. The current situation is just bad sales and consumer disrespect.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I agree completely. This is actually a more fundamental problem with LW than the poor marketing/explanation of it that OP highlighted.

ANet is trying to have its cake and eat it too.

If they want to explain LW DLC so poorly and make it so easy to miss, they shouldn't include central story elements/important things like the Skyscale in it. On the other hand, if they want to include all these essential elements, they need to explain the system better. Instead, ANet is doing both: (1) not explaining it and making it look like purely side content from a purchasing standpoint, then (2) throwing all sorts of essential stuff in there anyways. The utterly shabby implementation of LW sales is one reason I believe GW2 is not at all ready for an FFXIV-like renaissance. Some content creators chirp on about 2022 being the year where EoD rockets GW2 to the top of the heap. They'd better pray that it doesn't happen - this game will get refund and review bombed because of experiences like OP's friend.

There is always the option of new people playing through the xpacs without LW. But as Fenris says, that destroys engagement. As a new player, I beat Zhaitan, then moved right into HoT. I had absolutely no clue who all these new randoms calling me "boss" were, and why I should even be letting these clowns follow me around (except Rox. She's cool, and this is coming from someone who hates Charr).

Overall the LW seasons are a design error that ANet will be paying for until the sunset of this game. If you want to make something optional and missable, fine - don't put important stuff in it. If you do want to put important stuff in it, explain it better. The current situation is just bad sales and consumer disrespect.

“ANet is trying to have its cake and eat it too.”

Ummm no, that’s some players… Anet has a business to run, employees to pay, and thousands of bills. Even then, they still don’t charge a monthly fee and players can get anything off the gemstore for free by exchanging gold to gems… Don’t accuse Anet of being some type of way, when in reality it’s the cheapy players complaining. If spending a $100 on a video game is problematic for some people,, they have bigger issues. Perhaps they should spend less time gaming if finances are an issue. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3