New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

Just now, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Dang. I wish we could've gotten both main hand and offhand pistols. It would've been better to be able to opt out of samurai and be a cowboy or doomslayer with rifle/pistols in case you don't vibe with the new gimmick.

Care...Im very hesitant by the fact that they may take away mechanics like weapon swap or bursts, which woiuld make rifle/x-pistol gameplay way less fun than what I had in mind. Again, lets wait and see. Maybe theyll address some of the warrior issues with smart designing of this elite spec..................

ahahahahahahhahahah😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Iaijutsu, attacks so fast and powerful they cleave things that should be out of reach of your weapon.   Quickdraw that dashes through enemies.

It's a weeb spec in the best possible way.

Yeah definitely samurai influenced, I was hoping for a Samurai like spear spec but this is actually pretty creative and cool looking.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

The gun saber looks condi based.

Would make sense if it's intended to be used with mainhand sword as the underlying weapon, since sword is fairly condition-oriented.

Definitely looks interesting, either way, although will need to see the details and play around with it to make a real judgement.

10 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Warrior bladesworn doing.....MIDARE SETSUGEKKA......while me shouting to willie RUN WILLIE RUUUUUN.

Man those new elites look so cool, willbender is so trashy garbage. 

Beware - everyone thought willbender looked cool when it had the 1-min trailer, and then we got our hands on it and it turned out to have all the combat ability of a wet paper bag.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

As we all know, core war has basic, telegraphed attacks and mostly lacks scaling defenses (this post relates to competitive settings). It also has poor ranged options that lead many to using a double melee setup. Berserker improves a warrior's ability to land attacks somewhat at the cost of defense and being even more limited outside of berserker mode. Spellbreaker provides scaling defense via full counter and improved offensive utility with dagger and boon removal. However, most would agree that even with the spellbreaker traitline, warrior is still a bit lacking in terms of defense/sustain and ability to land its hits. In a sense a "modern" warrior might look like a fusion of berserker and spellbreaker that improves upon the advantages of both specs.

I was really hoping for mainhand pistol because it might have provided an anti-kiting tool and allowed warriors to provide pressure while choosing the right moment to engage in melee. Such a tool would obviously help compensate for the current lack of damage mitigation available. Frequently taking 5k in random damage just for engaging a target is currently a huge problem. So only getting offhand pistol is a bit of a disappointment in this regard.

I think I also spied an evasive roll ability, presumably tied to the offhand pistol. This is actually sort of worrisome given that 1) the similar ability on rifle is bad and 2) with all mainhand weapons being melee, such an ability may actually help the enemy kite the warrior.

That being said, some of the gunsaber attacks look like they extend one's range a bit and may be available to every build taking the new spec. With the right utilities (a big if given core utilities and the pattern from previous elite specs) and traits , some scaling defenses could still be on the table. So in short there are a few worrying signs from the preview, but there's still the chance the spec could address some of the current warrior shortcomings. I don't want to be too hasty in passing judgement as after all, we have only seen a small preview thus far.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, covahlam.6391 said:

As we all know, core war has basic, telegraphed attacks and mostly lacks scaling defenses (this post relates to competitive settings). It also has poor ranged options that lead many to using a double melee setup. Berserker improves a warrior's ability to land attacks somewhat at the cost of defense and being even more limited outside of berserker mode. Spellbreaker provides scaling defense via full counter and improved offensive utility with dagger and boon removal. However, most would agree that even with the spellbreaker traitline, warrior is still a bit lacking in terms of defense/sustain and ability to land its hits. In a sense a "modern" warrior might look like a fusion of berserker and spellbreaker that improves upon the advantages of both specs.

I was really hoping for mainhand pistol because it might have provided an anti-kiting tool and allowed warriors to provide pressure while choosing the right moment to engage in melee. Such a tool would obviously help compensate for the current lack of damage mitigation available. Frequently taking 5k in random damage just for engaging a target is currently a huge problem. So only getting offhand pistol is a bit of a disappointment in this regard.

I think I also spied an evasive roll ability, presumably tied to the offhand pistol. This is actually sort of worrisome given that 1) the similar ability on rifle is bad and 2) with all mainhand weapons being melee, such an ability may actually help the enemy kite the warrior.

That being said, some of the gunsaber attacks look like they extend one's range a bit and may be available to every build taking the new spec. With the right utilities (a big if given core utilities and the pattern from previous elite specs) and traits , some scaling defenses could still be on the table. So in short there are a few worrying signs from the preview, but there's still the chance the spec could address some of the current warrior shortcomings. I don't want to be too hasty in passing judgement as after all, we have only seen a small preview thus far.

It might be possible if gunsaber provides all the killing potential you need, that you can rock something like sword+shield for mobility and defense+rifle for ranged poke and then dip into gunsaber when you want to devastate in melee.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Gunsaber mode replacing bursts??

OH pistol skill -> Fire and evade backwards or at least form a gap? 0:45  

At least yeah. Looks like it functions like the rifle evade though.

Also, I wonder if we gonna lose weaponswap..

Looks more like losing out on Bursts completely in exchange for the Mode and 'Cartridges.' Not sure if they mean each of the 5 gunsaber skills are different cartridges, or if you use f2-f4 to change them out, or could also be utilities. FWIW with I posted my original P/P spec I posited the use of cartridges for different effects on the weapon bar. 

Ngl Rushing and probs evade skill around 0:35 makes me feel like this spec may drop GS.

Most of the specs have been fairly mobile thus far.

• Like 1

We all know that the new spec won't be that kind of OP class @draxynnic.3719. They can't make the new specs so unbalanced with the other class and the core class of their propers professions.

Talking clearly here. Seems to be mixed with condi and power. I don't know. I'm still waiting. There a lot of things that I have doubts about.

This gunblade is the Elite skill? or the burst skill. If use a mace with OH gun will the burst still the same? Or will be A GunMace?

And again they talk about meditation.

Uuuhh, Ideas on dragon trigger:

"Rush forward while evading (900 range, 1 1/2s) and remove all movement inhibiting conditions. Enemies in your path will get striked by you while passing (some t1 burst coeff) for up to 5 targets. Consume all your adrenaline to utilize this skill. The more adrenaline is cosnumed the more dmg is dealt to enemies. Restore endurance based on enemies hit (10 per target)."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It might be possible if gunsaber provides all the killing potential you need, that you can rock something like sword+shield for mobility and defense+rifle for ranged poke and then dip into gunsaber when you want to devastate in melee.

Yeah, perhaps that would be the best outcome given the current state of things, essentially three weapon sets available.

3 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Uuuhh, Ideas on dragon trigger:

"Rush forward while evading (900 range, 1 1/2s) and remove all movement inhibiting conditions. Enemies in your path will get striked by you while passing (some t1 burst coeff) for up to 5 targets. Consume all your adrenaline to utilize this skill. The more adrenaline is cosnumed the more dmg is dealt to enemies. Restore endurance based on enemies hit (10 per target)."

You forget about that this skill are unblockable and invunerability are inefective.

They seem to work like a Holosmith. And you pointed something right or someone there:  'are we gonna loose our swap capacity?' OMG 😭😭 NO NO NO NO

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If anything, thief gets a ninja inspired elite spec. But a samurai theme doesn't really match thief that well.

Lot of people over at the Thief forum were convinced that Thief would get a Samurai/Ronin/Bladedancer themed spec with a great sword before it was pretty much confirmed they will get a scepter

• Like 1