Bladesworn is sick, gunsaber is hideous

Noktus.8506

Will there be any skins? I imagine it'd be a little more complicated to apply skins given that the gunblade isn't an actual weapon but rather a transformation of sorts. Still, who could've even guessed a completely new "weapon" would ever be introduced? Bladesworn was a surprise by all accounts, maybe unique skins for this spec are already in the works?

Edited by Noktus.8506
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Can I hijack this and tell how god awful that ele hammer looks like? 

Not to mention the revenant's greatsword; why it wasn't the one from his concept art I have no idea

At least these can always be skinned. Bladesworns all have to walk around hauling the same oversized heap of junk

Edited by Noktus.8506
  • Like 3

Not only is it hideous, they also made it too much of the focus of the specialization instead of, you know, fixing the issues Greatsword we already have available.

And since it seemingly is overloaded with damage, Arenanet is using it as a band-aid to cover the glaring issues of core and pretend the issues don't exist. Vindicator even got a superior version of Rush that fixed the problem of Rush, while mentioning that Rush is failing regularly and dropping not a single of word about fixing Rush.

Even with just this small sample size of issues, I think that the Gun Oodachi (it's not even close to a sabre) being hideous is the least of the issues with Bladesworn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

I doubt there will be skins for the gunsabre. There are no skins for shroud or holo-weapons, no skins for ele/guad conjures or outfits for the renegade warband. It's a skill that looks like a weapon, and ANet has never done skins for skills, outside of what comes with legendaries.

This brings up a good point. There should be skins for abilities like shroud, engi flamethrower kit, wells, renegade summons, etc. Even if they are just in the gem shop, you could still eventually unlock them with conversion. I'm sure that won't happen for PvP purposes (and more than likely some coding issues), but it would be awesome to be able to customize my characters even further.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

This brings up a good point. There should be skins for abilities like shroud, engi flamethrower kit, wells, renegade summons, etc. Even if they are just in the gem shop, you could still eventually unlock them with conversion. I'm sure that won't happen for PvP purposes (and more than likely some coding issues), but it would be awesome to be able to customize my characters even further.

Also, maybe this is a bit different but aren't mounts technically abilities? Mounts themselves aren't equipped, they're unlocked as skill trees- and they have skins that can be applied. If there was a menu for class-skill skins, perhaps this would work to the same effect?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noktus.8506 said:

Also, maybe this is a bit different but aren't mounts technically abilities? Mounts themselves aren't equipped, they're unlocked as skill trees- and they have skins that can be applied. If there was a menu for class-skill skins, perhaps this would work to the same effect?

The only arguements against this I could imagine would be identifying spells, abilities in PvP/WvW, and some classes would get more of this than other, while some might have none at all. Necro has a lot of options with minions, multiple shrouds, and lich form, engi has a ton of kits, but I can't think of anything for thief or ranger (admittedly my seldom played classes).

2 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

The only arguements against this I could imagine would be identifying spells, abilities in PvP/WvW, and some classes would get more of this than other, while some might have none at all. Necro has a lot of options with minions, multiple shrouds, and lich form, engi has a ton of kits, but I can't think of anything for thief or ranger (admittedly my seldom played classes).

That is why you have a "standard model" option, also for the people who simply don't like seeing those alternate version.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Warrior is my least favourite class, but that gunblade looks fun to try out. I'll have to finish the stream to see all of it's traits.

Favorite class and easily my favorite elite spec shown so far, which makes me all the sadder that my gunsaber will have to look the way it does

• Like 3

They probably should have just made the gunsaber an auto-equipped/unremovable max lvl legendary (to customize it freely) when you swap to Bladesworn. It'd solve the F1 annoyance and allow you to put your own stats/sigils on the thing. Yeah it might have people ask for new weapons to be added but functionally it'd feel waaay better. As a bonus they'd be able to sell gem store skins with it

Edited by Kalocin.5982

On 9/18/2021 at 7:11 AM, lokh.2695 said:

I doubt there will be skins for the gunsabre. There are no skins for shroud or holo-weapons, no skins for ele/guad conjures or outfits for the renegade warband. It's a skill that looks like a weapon, and ANet has never done skins for skills, outside of what comes with legendaries.

this could be a coool new feature