Nerf Necromancer

mortrialus.3062

7 hours ago, Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

So, is MM a braindead class that only noobs use to get ez Ws? Or are they actually a well-made class that plays as intended, in use by the top players in the game? Your choice, since you obviously can't have have both.

Or it's just overpowered and will boost players regardless of tier and there's no real way to deal with it except with more necromancers. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

So, is MM a braindead class that only noobs use to get ez Ws? Or are they actually a well-made class that plays as intended, in use by the top players in the game? Your choice, since you obviously can't have have both.

Its a braindead class that bots can use to get into top 250. Its so overpowered that a good player who knows how to cover its weaknesses is nearly unstoppable, especially if they have a team that communicates & supports them. Minion hp was never the problem with mm. Its been nerfed 3 times now and the rest of necro has gone untouched.

• Like 2

first off i play Sb warrior so all power. Personally i have little issue with most necros as they are mostly trash players. Necro downstate however is kittening broken against me as i have no way to counter it. All that said, Necros need a nerf. A scoure can just strait up tank 4 or 5 bust and still be at 70% health. Once the barrier and sand shround are gone it's easier but wow that takes a lot. Lich is just stupid. I get it's suppose to be a necro form of Juggernaut but i can assure you i don't hit heavy targets for 4k-5k with the auto attack. The agility to condi burst is very powerful against mist classes due to most classes just applying condis on pretty much everything.

i mean necro is pretty nerfed as is only way they could is just to nerf carapace toughness or the time you have to keep it up, or just nerf the whole blood tree, but then there are other classes I feel need bigger nerf bats like thief's invis/mesmer clone amounts/ just getting rid of any healing trinkets or just nerf healing specs for most classes in spvp. heck I think we should just make spvp 3 sets of stats valk/carrion/something else and just have everyone choose one and just get rid of all these extra amulets we are not using, most builds just zerker/marauder/avatar anyways for power.

Edited by ZerotheFang.5890
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

11 hours ago, ZerotheFang.5890 said:

i mean necro is pretty nerfed as is only way they could is just to nerf carapace toughness or the time you have to keep it up, or just nerf the whole blood tree, but then there are other classes I feel need bigger nerf bats like thief's invis/mesmer clone amounts/ just getting rid of any healing trinkets or just nerf healing specs for most classes in spvp. heck I think we should just make spvp 3 sets of stats valk/carrion/something else and just have everyone choose one and just get rid of all these extra amulets we are not using, most builds just zerker/marauder/avatar anyways for power.

Lol everything needs nerf but necros are ok?

what game are you playing?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 4:06 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

If Engi can't have viable turrets because AI, then Necro shouldn't have viable minions. 

I think with all the nerfs that flew around, there might be some B tier turret build being viable, I can see the kitten show from here, considering FT scrapper made the list of complaints. This kitten will probably win just by the shear confusion and novelty about it . 

13 hours ago, ZerotheFang.5890 said:

Haha this cant be a real post, if it is.....wow.....just wow.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

Lol everything needs nerf but necros are ok?

what game are you playing?

really necros are hard to beat up, what build are you playing are you using range or are you jumping into the shades/not dodging out of their aoes? do you have a condi cleanse on bar? are you using zerker or any amulet that does not have vitality on a low hp class? are you using a meta battle build that is out of date? like to know? i play DH trapper most minion-mancers i just pull into traps they die or ping from a far with bow/ as a thief i use dual pistols to burst them down or rifle on deadeye to snipe them. heck warrior can just stun lock them and they pretty much dead so idk what peoples issue is. real issue is people do not know to focus on the necro get them down first and take care of rest so unless there is some god necro build i not know of plz link it.

Edited by ZerotheFang.5890
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Anet has a track record of nerfing around problems instead of fixing them. Necromancer is in an interesting state because unlike other classes that rely on active skill for defense, Necros lack significant amount of dodge/block skills and instead most Necro defense comes in the form of passives both from traits being stronger than other classes and having lots of autopilot mechanics ( IE Shroud / lifeforce ). So when the Feb 2020 megabalance came and the cooldowns were nerfed on all defensive skills on other classes, did Anet ever properly touch the passive mechanics of Necro? Nope. And so the class has been borked for a solid year because they nerf everything except the passives. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Anet has a track record of nerfing around problems instead of fixing them. Necromancer is in an interesting state because unlike other classes that rely on active skill for defense, Necros lack significant amount of dodge/block skills and instead most Necro defense comes in the form of passives both from traits being stronger than other classes and having lots of autopilot mechanics ( IE Shroud / lifeforce ). So when the Feb 2020 megabalance came and the cooldowns were nerfed on all defensive skills on other classes, did Anet ever properly touch the passive mechanics of Necro? Nope. And so the class has been borked for a solid year because they nerf everything except the passives. 

Dont get me wrong I agree with you but I never get why people say Necros dont have defensives skills they have some of the best in the game. Wurm, spectral walk, fear wall and fog cloud are all great on top of all that they get  shroud as a built in untouched in the feb nerfs mechaninc.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

Dont get me wrong I agree with you but I never get why people say Necros dont have defensives skills they have some of the best in the game. Wurm, spectral walk, fear wall and fog cloud are all great on top of all that they get  shroud as a build in untouched in the feb nerfs mechaninc.

Wurm and spectral walk can be very good as defensive skills occasionally. But calling it best in the game is exaggeration when there are things like elixir S or distortion etc.

The problem is shroud and linked traits.I don't understand why Foot in the Grave was replaced with Eternal life.  Eternal life trait is still a problematic trait even after nerf.

Edited by Spellhunter.9675

56 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Wurm and spectral walk can be very good as defensive skills occasionally. But calling it best in the game is exaggeration when there are things like elixir S or distortion etc.

Thats why I said "some of the best" and not "the best" defensive skills in the game.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

They're afraid to nerf it because if they cut the shroud mitigation too deep, we will be back to necros being focused down before they can even use their skills. I don't think they want to destroy the core, just the annoying results of stacking that core with things that are low effort.

I'm fine with that, but it needs to be in tandem with some buffing. A little sustain on damage oriented classes to help them deliver bursts that threaten the necro if they are mindful of weakness would be ideal here.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, ZerotheFang.5890 said:

No.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

Honestly Anet does not care, the mode has been abandoned and necro being op is just a symptom in a very long line or bad decisions and lack of motivation from devs.  There is very little chance to salvage the game mode at this point they would be better shuffling the rewards to other modes and focusing on pve and wvw and shutting down pvp all together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because they know necro is the class keeping everything else in line and taking necros peel kill role away would make pvp unbalanced in a bad way. And grd keeps necro I  meta, and  necro keeps grd, nuf anyone of them and u nurf both.

Edited by Gamble.4580
  • Confused 5