World Restructuring Beta 1 - Update

Josh Davis.7865

I keep trying to select my wvw guild but everytime i tab out form the Wvw panel it unchecks the box. Is it a bug?

edit:
im blind af i guess
"Second, there’s currently an issue that’s preventing players from selecting some guilds as their WvW guild. This mostly impacts larger guilds with a lot of active WvW players. The fix wasn’t quite as simple as the previous issue we mentioned, but we’ve identified a solution. It’s pretty late in the day here and we need the team fresh for the rest of this week, so we’re going to hold the fix until tomorrow (September 22). If you’ve been running into this issue, make sure to login between tomorrow afternoon and Thursday, September 23 at 11:59pm PDT (UTC-7) to select your WvW Guild."

Edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I am a bit confused about that World Restructuring Beta menu... what do we actual choose there? I see my 5 guilds and 5x the name of my home server.

I am a PvE player who likes WvW. When i play WvW then i usually play as a player of my main guild (maxed).

However sometimes i want to do guild missions with another guild (not maxed) in WvW for the favor.

Is that still possible with this new system?

Edited by GODh.3892

Just now, GODh.3892 said:

I am a bit confused about that World Restructuring Beta menu... what do we actual choose there? I see my 5 guilds and 5x the name of my home server.

I am a PvE player who likes WvW. When i play WvW then i usually play as a player of my main guild (maxed).

However sometimes i want to do guild missions with another guild (not maxed) in WvW for the favor.

Is that still possible in this new system?

Yep, just pick the guild which is your primary WvW guild.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, koben.2654 said:

question: 
what happens if you have a guild that has members on NA and EU do they get to pick to stay on NA, or EU or do they get merged 

and do guilds get to at least lock in a "home region" (aka NA or EU) 

Uhm that's not possible to have last I checked, you are either on NA or EU?

Any news on  why the player limits for each map got reduced?  At least in the EU it's a fairly severe reduction in player numbers and in a gamemode where players are the content it's quite a noticeable downgrade. Currently it's not possible to get more than 60-65 people into the same map without running into queues.

This makes border hopping almost impossible and makes it very difficult to get larger guild raids going during primetime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dondarrion.9530 said:

Any news on  why the player limits for each map got reduced?  At least in the EU it's a fairly severe reduction in player numbers and in a gamemode where players are the content it's quite a noticeable downgrade. Currently it's not possible to get more than 60-65 people into the same map without running into queues.

This makes border hopping almost impossible and makes it very difficult to get larger guild raids going during primetime.

I have no first hand knowledge that this was done, but I can speculate.   Maybe a change was done to help with player crashing since the beta started? 

Is there any way to have a tally of who has your guild checked off for the alliances purposes?

Even if just for the leadership (i.e. officers/leaders of the guild) it would be helpful. Not asking for much more than that, ideally you would have some sort of activity level estimate if you have half the people show up only for WvW dailies.

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Uhm that's not possible to have last I checked, you are either on NA or EU?

It is possible for a guild to have NA + EU Members. My bank.guild have exactly this. 2 Members, my EU account and my NA account. And I am able to choose it as my WvW-Guild

I guess (or hope) for WvW they are counted as 2 separate Guild, but I wouldn't be surprised, if activity wouldn't be separated for now, but mixed together 😉 

Edited by Dayra.7405