It's been over a year and sevenshot is still OP

solemn.9670

Didn't even pass 4 weeks and here we are again...

Sevenshot is not OP. Its changes made possible to use Renegade in WvW/PvP. Prior to that was unviable, and currently is competitive but not broken: the reverse in the torment damage mechanic halved its burst, so in large groups is very weak now, and builds with access to projectile blocks/reflects can oftenly hard counter Short Bow Renegade. I've killed them using core Rev with hammer, which is a sub-par roaming build.

Next spec is 100% mele; short bow is the only "playable" ranged weapon for Revs, and is still a very clunky weapon which has problems with terrain behaviour in some of its skills:

So: nerft 7S and you'll erase Renegade from WvW/PvP (realisticaly: no longer anyone uses it at MATs, anyway), the same as ANet butchered Firebrand outside PvP.  I think that the game needs more variety in viable builds AND more damage instead of less options. The game is already FULL of skills, weapons, traits, runes and sigils THAT NO ONE TOUCHES, EVER, AT ANY GAME MODE.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Sevenshot, that skill that half of the time gets blocked by terrain and the other half doesn't hit anyway because is slow enough to be dodged easily.

I call it maybe shot. Maybe they'll all hit, but maybe not (good chance half don't make it).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Epic Skill (15 second cooldown)

Immediately downs any player hit by it

Radius: 600

Just dodge guys

If you die to Epic Skill it's because you got out-played

"Revenant is a class played by the best players and best players tend to win".....don't you see how hard to play are these jalis/shiro wvw tanks? They can only tank multiple people while almost oneshotting you 2k+ armor toon like nothing , definitely this class/spec is not as broken as yours...I mean we only see one ele for every 20 something revs pewpewing with their trusted shortbow.

Have you got any idea how hard is to play a condi jalis renegade huuuh? They don't dodge anything, just facetank, pewpew, even support allies with jalis elite.....pff certainly not as easy as your ele where you need to dodge with millisecond precision to avoid losing 2/4 of your HP.

Seriously man....revenant is so hard to play, especially pewpew renegade and that's why you see so many of them in wvw...because it's hard to play...on the other hand we have you on ele...the class is like 1 ele for every 20+ necro/revs/engi...wow ele is really super easy class to win with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

"Revenant is a class played by the best players and best players tend to win".....don't you see how hard to play are these jalis/shiro wvw tanks? They can only tank multiple people while almost oneshotting you 2k+ armor toon like nothing , definitely this class/spec is not as broken as yours...I mean we only see one ele for every 20 something revs pewpewing with their trusted shortbow.

Have you got any idea how hard is to play a condi jalis renegade huuuh? They don't dodge anything, just facetank, pewpew, even support allies with jalis elite.....pff certainly not as easy as your ele where you need to dodge with millisecond precision to avoid losing 2/4 of your HP.

Seriously man....revenant is so hard to play, especially pewpew renegade and that's why you see so many of them in wvw...because it's hard to play...on the other hand we have you on ele...the class is like 1 ele for every 20+ necro/revs/engi...wow ele is really super easy class to win with

LOL

💯

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Wait you actually struggle against players who finish casting the jalis elite? Oof

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

This post is full of bias. First of all, most of the damage from Sevenshot comes from torment, which is a condition: conditions ignore the armor value, so no matter if you're wearing 2K robes or you're a Stalwart Defender Guardian in full Knigth plates with 4K+ armor, the damage would be the same.

Second, torment mechanic was recently changed, so now works exactly the opposite as before: now does more damage to still foes and way less to the ones which are moving. Overall this can be considered a buff in PvE since most of fast moving enemies aren't too strong and die anyay, whereas bosses, champions and dangerous elites tend to be more static and now you can kill them faster. In PvP/WvW is clearly a nerf since staying without moving means death, so everyone moves around, no matters if is in a duel, roaming in small groups or fighting in large groups. With the changes Sevenshots now does way less damage to moving foes afected by this condition.

Finally, by design in GW2 there's 0 correlation between  having a class complex mechanics (Thieves, Engineers, Elementalists) and that granting more dps or any competitive advantage istself; otherwise those three classes would be top in dps and use in every game mode, and simple classes as Warriors, Rangers and Necros barely  would have any players. Classes are easier or harder to use (and even in classes there's divergences between specs and core builds) just to provide different flavours in gameplay. Some people like run spellcasters, other prefer sword & board mele characters, others like subterfuge and attacking from range with bows, etc.

So your moaning about how hard is to fight against Renebows & Necros or even Engies (lol, that one even contradicts the argument about the skill needed) has no fundation, not only because I've seen bunker Eles played by Cellofrag, Vallun, etc. being utterly unkillable in 1 vs 1, but because is you're running a Ele is because you like that gameplay style and that dificulty and that level of skill requirements.  I play all kind of roaming builds in WvW (power Herald, condi Renebow, core Hammer Rev, celestial Firebrand, power DH trapper...   ...And sometimes I've overcome fights vs a Thief or a Necro and in others I've been demolished by them., and sometimes I've beaten Eles and in others I've only achieved a long stall battle or getting crushed...  Rev has been purely a mele class in WvW/PvP for 5+ years until the changes in the damage (nerfts) and the buffs in the bow made Renebow viable, and as I said is not like is the top roaming build or something similar. Git gud man.

Edit: being said that, I would trade a full nerf of the short bow (to unplayable levels) in exchange for a return to Rev's hammer state at HoT's release.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Epic Skill (15 second cooldown)

Immediately downs any player hit by it

Radius: 600

Just dodge guys

If you die to Epic Skill it's because you got out-played

If you are dying from being one-shoted from this skill, that's something YOU are doing wrong. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If you are dying from being one-shoted from this skill, that's something YOU are doing wrong. 

Shall we count how much CC a rene jalis has? You need high reflexes to dodge that kitten knockdown, then there is the taunt, staff knockdown etc etc...all the while the rev is tanky AF...those dmg reduction nerfs were specifically aimed at your class but imagine what nightmare has been up to this point with all that dmg reduction plus wvw stats....yeah...stupid condi rev tanks

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

15 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

This post is full of bias. First of all, most of the damage from Sevenshot comes from torment, which is a condition: conditions ignore the armor value, so no matter if you're wearing 2K robes or you're a Stalwart Defender Guardian in full Knigth plates with 4K+ armor, the damage would be the same.

Second, torment mechanic was recently changed, so now works exactly the opposite as before: now does more damage to still foes and way less to the ones which are moving. Overall this can be considered a buff in PvE since most of fast moving enemies aren't too strong and die anyay, whereas bosses, champions and dangerous elites tend to be more static and now you can kill them faster. In PvP/WvW is clearly a nerf since staying without moving means death, so everyone moves around, no matters if is in a duel, roaming in small groups or fighting in large groups. With the changes Sevenshots now does way less damage to moving foes afected by this condition.

Finally, by design in GW2 there's 0 correlation between  having a class complex mechanics (Thieves, Engineers, Elementalists) and that granting more dps or any competitive advantage istself; otherwise those three classes would be top in dps and use in every game mode, and simple classes as Warriors, Rangers and Necros barely  would have any players. Classes are easier or harder to use (and even in classes there's divergences between specs and core builds) just to provide different flavours in gameplay. Some people like run spellcasters, other prefer sword & board mele characters, others like subterfuge and attacking from range with bows, etc.

So your moaning about how hard is to fight against Renebows & Necros or even Engies (lol, that one even contradicts the argument about the skill needed) has no fundation, not only because I've seen bunker Eles played by Cellofrag, Vallun, etc. being utterly unkillable in 1 vs 1, but because is you're running a Ele is because you like that gameplay style and that dificulty and that level of skill requirements.  I play all kind of roaming builds in WvW (power Herald, condi Renebow, core Hammer Rev, celestial Firebrand, power DH trapper...   ...And sometimes I've overcome fights vs a Thief or a Necro and in others I've been demolished by them., and sometimes I've beaten Eles and in others I've only achieved a long stall battle or getting crushed...  Rev has been purely a mele class in WvW/PvP for 5+ years until the changes in the damage (nerfts) and the buffs in the bow made Renebow viable, and as I said is not like is the top roaming build or something similar. Git gud man.

Edit: being said that, I would trade a full nerf of the short bow (to unplayable levels) in exchange for a return to Rev's hammer state at HoT's release.

Spare me....the time of people playing something for the sake of it....it's over, been so for well over a decade, the vast majority of gw2 players are "glory hunters"...FOTM players if we must use the correct term. Thefe hasn't been any correlation between difficulty and gameplay for ages now...since corporations started to show their ugly head in the MMO market, influencing design decisions towards a direction of " as many players a possible in the shortest amount of time as possible" aka....easy rewarding gameplay for paying wales, the happier they are...the more gems they'll buy.

Git gud to me? After you admit of playing on easy mode...you tell me to git gud....sure thing

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Shall we count how much CC a rene jalis has? You need high reflexes to dodge that kitten knockdown, then there is the taunt, staff knockdown etc etc...all the while the rev is tanky AF...those dmg reduction nerfs were specifically aimed at your class but imagine what nightmare has been up to this point with all that dmg reduction plus wvw stats....yeah...stupid condi rev tanks

Count it all you like. Doesn't change what I said. 

The power coefficient in WvW of Sevenshot is 2.17 (assuming all 7 projectiles hit) - that's not exactly a soft hit (esp in comparison with the shortbow auto's coefficient of 0.44 in WvW).  To me it seems that it benefits very nicely from power stats as well as from condi stats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Jalis has 1 CC skill. Renegade has 2 CC skills assuming you are using Shortbow/Staff. Is that even relevant considering how much collective CC and burst other classes have while also being tanky AF? What class do you play, btw? Perhaps we could compare Renegade's damage + CC against your class of choice damage + CC.

Condi Revenant tank isn't a thing anymore, you are a bit outdated. Blame the Trailblazer and Celestial stats, not Revenant, a class many levels below condi Ele and condi Thief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Spare me....the time of people playing something for the sake of it....it's over, been so for well over a decade, the vast majority of gw2 players are "glory hunters"...FOTM players if we must use the correct term. Thefe hasn't been any correlation between difficulty and gameplay for ages now...since corporations started to show their ugly head in the MMO market, influencing design decisions towards a direction of " as many players a possible in the shortest amount of time as possible" aka....easy rewarding gameplay for paying wales, the happier they are...the more gems they'll buy.

Git gud to me? After you admit of playing on easy mode...you tell me to git gud....sure thing

Speak for yourself, many Revenants have stuck with the class since it was released. Others have discovered it and fallen in love with its bat kitten crazy legend/weapon swap mechanics. There are viable builds for every profession for most game content, people play what they play because they enjoy it. This is *especially* true of WvW where the rewards are so gosh darned awful compared to other modes that anyone playing it is assuredly playing it for the sheer enjoyment.

So get off my lawn you cynicist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

On 10/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Speak for yourself, many Revenants have stuck with the class since it was released. Others have discovered it and fallen in love with its bat kitten crazy legend/weapon swap mechanics. There are viable builds for every profession for most game content, people play what they play because they enjoy it. This is *especially* true of WvW where the rewards are so gosh darned awful compared to other modes that anyone playing it is assuredly playing it for the sheer enjoyment.

So get off my lawn you cynicist.

It's not bloody hard to "fall in love" when your class becomes meta everywhere since its inception is it?

-First released and they were power heralds everywhere...then a tad nerfed but they then super buffed sword off-hand

-They then buffed mallyx adn ventari, the first brought super tanky condi users in wvw...the second to make some meme healer 

-During all this we had hammer rev dominating wvw....supplementing staff eles because 100% less risky, party buffs, 100% better

-We then had renegagde, with MAT teams winning while using 3-4 renegade for another bloody 2 years

-And then there is now.....

For all I care, keep your toys , I only want people to stop using this joke :"my class takes skill"....give me a kittening break now, not only this game is casual friendly and easy to grasp but also rev is one of the better designed specs....so stop crying for god sake and spare me the BS :"Revenants have stuck with the class since it was released"...this class has gone from OP to strong to O....and back to strong...so spare me the fake tears

If given the power, I'd force every account of a player crying about his class...to force play core ele for a whole year...then we can justify your tears

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8