All the 300s Traits should be changed to

Crab Fear.1624

6 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

They're not even that bad, 300 was just uncalled for. 120-180 is more like it compared y'know, their prior CD's.

Those can understandably save a player life from danger but 5 minutes is too much.

I agree, but at same time we should see them like we see signets so we could play around them, rather than guess if they are or not on CD.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 2

Honestly the fact they still exists gives me 0 hope for the balancing of the game, even a intern dev could see that 300 sec cd kills the trait, im sry but but the devs in charge of balancing should have been ALL replaced long ago, they have 0 clue how to balance anything. Sounds mean but it's the truth.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Honestly the fact they still exists gives me 0 hope for the balancing of the game, even a intern dev could see that 300 sec cd kills the trait, im sry but but the devs in charge of balancing should have been ALL replaced long ago, they have 0 clue how to balance anything. Sounds mean but it's the truth.

Bold of you to assume that CMC has more skills than the intern.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Killing these traits was the intention behind making the cds this long. Players were supposed to drop these traits from their builds altogether. Now, allegedly that was intended to be a temporary solution until the 300 sec cd traits could be replaced with a different effect, but it seems that that either was not true or it got dropped at some point.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

Killing these traits was the intention behind making the cds this long. Players were supposed to drop these traits from their builds altogether. Now, allegedly that was intended to be a temporary solution until the 300 sec cd traits could be replaced with a different effect, but it seems that that either was not true or it got dropped at some point.

I suspect that it got dropped along with all the other promises from the Feb2020 patch. Hopefully when Grouch and Raymond do their Post EoD balance they will fix all of CMC's poor decisions.

Oh dear, don’t tell them about smither boon. The realization that the devs are too incapable of balancing their own game. Since 16 years it is established practice by ANet to basically delete traits they don’t want to change. But tbh it was never this bad. Even more head scratching is that people still defend this incompetent company. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katary.7096 said:

New espects like specter have 300 cd traits so..... I also thought as u did, then wondered why as the year passed by why these dead traits weren't seeing attention and came to the conclusion that the devs somehow deem that 300 cd traits are ok and in need of no change meaning they are horrible at their job OR they've been left out of sheer laziness....but specter has a 300 cd trait so lol.

1 hour ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

New espects like specter have 300 cd traits so..... I also thought as u did, then wondered why as the year passed by why these dead traits weren't seeing attention and came to the conclusion that the devs somehow deem that 300 cd traits are ok and in need of no change meaning they are horrible at their job OR they've been left out of sheer laziness....but specter has a 300 cd trait so lol.

I think that has more to do with CMC enforcing his balance dogma until it gets taken away from him after EoD launches.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think that has more to do with CMC enforcing his balance dogma until it gets taken away from him after EoD launches.

sure kittening hope so, his kitten balance made me quit the pvp.
He somehow managed to combine everything that is wrong with this games pvp and make it worse while killing everything that made it fun. There is only so much you can take as a player before you say enough is enough and move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

yeah the fact that they've made some 300CD traits for new specs simply speaks volumes about their competence...

the 300 CDs were a lazy way of pretty much removing traits from the game when Anet couldn't think of actual ways to balance them. (they've been doing that junk for years, back in GW1 it was known as "Smite Booning" because they gave a skill the longest cooldown with the highest energy cost because they CBA to actually balance it.)

but to make new traits and already "remove them from the game" just displays shocking levels of laziness.

why bother making the traits in the first place, why not just put "CBA coming up with anything else so this trait is empty"

• Like 3

lol they gave 300 seconds, cuz pvp team literally has no power over skill change other then numbers.

and pve team will keep making kitten traits cuz power creep is the only thing that keep people playing this game for the lack of actual content.

most of the 300 second traits are the no skill traits which has been despised for years among veterans. it was good to remove these cheese noob friendly traits that did nothing but carry noob and make the engagement unfun and passive.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe we can have teapot ask CmC if there is any intention to rework these traits for the inevitable balance patch that will hit post EoD.  CmC seems to show up a lot in his streams and I bet he could get an answer. Unless he shows up here and says something. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...