Gift of Battle

lina.6738

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Some reward tracks give more than 2 Mystic Clovers.

Yea but none of them are permanent though sadly.

Suppose one should grab the IBS ones anyways if one needs to make legendaries but WvW is just not a place to go to for Mystic Clovers in general unless you play a lot of it anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

And I wanna enjoy it the way I wanna enjoy it! 

And you can do just that! You don’t need to have legendaries, they are entirely optional for the game. But if you want to have them, then you should have to do the stuff that is required. What is this mentality that everything and everyone has to change just to please you? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

And you can do just that! You don’t need to have legendaries, they are entirely optional for the game. But if you want to have them, then you should have to do the stuff that is required. What is this mentality that everything and everyone has to change just to please you? 

What is this mentality that everything that you don't agree with is wrong and should never be even mentioned?! What is this mentality that simply asking for something is such a tabu?! What is this mentality that makes you think that I am the only one that would like Gobs to be obtainable through other sources?! What is this mentality that makes you believe that asking for an alternative is asking for "everything and everyone" to change just so it would plese me?! 

Why were there no people complaining when GoBs could be bought with Badges of Honor?! Why are people being so kitten when someone has an opinion different then theirs?! Why do people have to be rude and unacceptable?! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, lina.6738 said:

What is this mentality that everything that you don't agree with is wrong and should never be even mentioned?! What is this mentality that simply asking for something is such a tabu?! What is this mentality that makes you think that I am the only one that would like Gobs to be obtainable through other sources?! What is this mentality that makes you believe that asking for an alternative is asking for "everything and everyone" to change just so it would plese me?! 

Why were there no people complaining when GoBs could be bought with Badges of Honor?! Why are people being so kitten when someone has an opinion different then theirs?! Why do people have to be rude and unacceptable?! 

There were people that complain when you could buy GoBs with badges of honor.

Because you didnet have to even set fot in wvw other then poping into the vendor after opening a ap reward chest.

That is why Anet changed it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

So everyone who dares to have a different opinion is rude and unacceptable? Oh boy 

Same goes for you my dear lol 

But just to clarify for individuals like you, it's not having a different opinion that bothers me... It's the way you're presenting it... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I would ask: why haven’t you complained for the last (at least) 6 years that this change has been in place?

Why didn’t you use the search function to see all of the same replies you have gotten, and more importantly, suggestions on HOW to do it with very little ‘PvP’ needed?

Maybe, just maybe, instead of just griping about something, ask for ways to complete it in a fashion that just might be more palatable.

Butno, you come in, disparage a whole mode that people enjoy, and basically say ‘I am entitled to something’ without actually earning it as intended.  

But hey, good luck out there!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

There were people that complain when you could buy GoBs with badges of honor.

Because you didnet have to even set fot in wvw other then poping into the vendor after opening a ap reward chest.

That is why Anet changed it.

Wouldn't making that complaint have been inaccurate? I remember the vendor refusing to sell if you were below a certain level.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Wouldn't making that complaint have been inaccurate? I remember the vendor refusing to sell if you were below a certain level.

No you have the information wrong, the level to get into the map was added much later and only for ftp accounts.

Edit

Love youtube were you can pull up a video from 9 years ago to prove your point.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

Hello Gregg! 

Apologies for not being the one that likes mindlessly following a tag and doing whatever i am told to.. If you have that kind of mentality i am not judging, you are your own person! 

@lina.6738 Thank you for your reply Lina. I'll post a few points as below in reply:

1) Many WvW boosters you can get FREE in game, such as Celebration boosters, or buy XP boosters from Laurel (Free daily login) Vendor, the only additional booster I have purchased with Gems was Snowflake Gobbler which was relatively cheap. 

2) How do I play WvW? Mindlessly following a Tag? Never I use my mind lol - Seriously I personally don't enjoy big zerg fights or Guild vs Guild, not my thing. I started solo roaming, got chatting with other solo roamers, made lots of friends whom I've known many years and whenever we're online same time we roam in small groups, use discord, have a laugh enjoy stealing a keep or tower with just a small group of us as well as getting slaughtered like pigs by a 50 player opponent zerg, but as long as you don't take it seriously its very chill fun.  Each to their own though 

3) Gift of Battle Vs Gift of Exploration: I was merely drawing a comparison from a neutral player's point of view and standby my statement that in terms of time sink the former takes significantly far LESS time. 

4) Gift of Exploration as much as I hate map completion I'm not the kind of person to complain about this on forum for something that has been this way for years, and Anet haven't changed it in all that time so why should they now?

5) Same with Gift of Battle, how would it be fair to all those players that hate WvW, but grinded it out the way it is now to, if Anet made it easier to obtain for casual PvE'ers? I hardly think this would be fair for the wider gw2 community. 

6) The comments responding to your post maybe a little "off" as @kharmin.7683will gladly tell you, if you use forum search feature this topic has been brought up countless times before, and have Anet ever changed it in the last nearly 10 years?

My best friendly advice I can give is the bottom of my initial reply, AND ask around of a few friends in your guild or make some new ones ( a problem shared, a problem halved, fun or not its just as it is and feel it's here to stay) get the FREE boosters, jump in WvW, grind it out and soon you'll have your Gift: Job done 😘

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No you have the information wrong, the level to get into the map was added much later and only for ftp accounts.

Edit

Love youtube were you can pull up a video from 9 years ago to prove your point.

I know it's level 60 for F2P, I was meaning your WvW rank. I think it was low but I was sure there was a minimum  WvW rank you needed to get to before they'd let you buy a GoB.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

What is this mentality that makes you believe that asking for an alternative is asking for "everything and everyone" to change just so it would plese me?! 

I mean... that's exactly what it is though? "I don't want to play required content to get the reward, so change the requirement to something I already play anyways, so I can get [the reward I want] more-or-less passively"

But legendary gear is optional, you don't gain any raw power from it, you don't get locked out of any content by not having it and since it's pretty much the "prestige" level type of reward, I think it should encourage playing broader content of the game even more than it currently does.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

Why were there no people complaining when GoBs could be bought with Badges of Honor?!

Are you sure there were none?  I'm not.  I've been reading the official forums since before launch.  I can virtually guarantee that there has been almost no system in the game that was never complained about by someone.

Iirc, at launch there were no achievement rewards offering Badges of Honor.  There were no reward track potion plus 10 Badges for things like killing a Vet.  If I am correct, Badges of Honor could only be obtained by playing WvW.  You had to kill NPC's or players.   I'm sure there were people complaining about the GoB requirement back then.  It certainly is easier to get the GoB in WvW now.

I believe that the availability of the GoB via the Badges gained via Achievement rewards resulted in a drop in WvW participation as measured via ANet data collection tools.  I also believe that that was an unintended consequence, and so ANet removed the GoB vendor and put in the reward track.  Finally, I believe that since ANet hasn't acted to change the system since, they are happy with the status quo.  To them, the relative unhappiness of the (seemingly few) who complain is likely more than balanced by the (probably many) who enter WvW, uncomplaining, to get the GoB faster, and especially by the (some) who return to WvW after they get the GoB.

Fwiw, I support your right to ask/complain.  However, as a long-time observer who can't help but analyze trends and data, I suspect that it will be more productive to also adopt some of the advice in this thread (and others) about minimizing your dissatisfaction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:56 PM, lina.6738 said:

Hello!

I would like to ask you to please look into other ways of obtaining Gifts of Battle! From a player that has been playing the game since 2014 (with some breaks of course) the fact that i have to do WvW even for 1 hour is dreadful, let alone for 8 hours. It would be the dead of me! WvW is the one aspect of the game that I have never liked or really played/ enjoyed! When you think about it, everything else could be obtained through just regular PVE, except for some specific to a certain game mode items (legendary raid armor, wvw legendary armor, pvp legendary armor, conflux etc...). It doesn't make sense to have the Gift of Battle that is used for all legendary crafting to be locked to 1 game mode. It's not fair to those that don't like that game mode and it's pretty much forcing us to do it if we want to obtain the reward! And i would agree with it if it was a specific item needed only for certain things, but it's not! Any legendary crafting requires it and some of it require even 2! That's 16 hours of WvW! 16 HOURS! I would not survive to see the end of it! Are you trying to kill me?! Please for my sake and sanity, let us be able to obtain gifts of battle from some other sources (watch you put it in the gem store now lol)!

Thank you! Love you lots 

agra with hes post i hate wvw soo much i dont have many legies becous i am forst in to wvw where soom pvp wvw andys just farm u and the self sadise why there need to kill player who dont have freaking gear with specal runes thad ur wvw rank and soo on

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/8/2022 at 12:56 PM, lina.6738 said:

Hello!

I would like to ask you to please look into other ways of obtaining Gifts of Battle! From a player that has been playing the game since 2014 (with some breaks of course) the fact that i have to do WvW even for 1 hour is dreadful, let alone for 8 hours. It would be the dead of me! WvW is the one aspect of the game that I have never liked or really played/ enjoyed! When you think about it, everything else could be obtained through just regular PVE, except for some specific to a certain game mode items (legendary raid armor, wvw legendary armor, pvp legendary armor, conflux etc...). It doesn't make sense to have the Gift of Battle that is used for all legendary crafting to be locked to 1 game mode. It's not fair to those that don't like that game mode and it's pretty much forcing us to do it if we want to obtain the reward! And i would agree with it if it was a specific item needed only for certain things, but it's not! Any legendary crafting requires it and some of it require even 2! That's 16 hours of WvW! 16 HOURS! I would not survive to see the end of it! Are you trying to kill me?! Please for my sake and sanity, let us be able to obtain gifts of battle from some other sources (watch you put it in the gem store now lol)!

Thank you! Love you lots 

agra with hes post i hate wvw soo much i dont have many legies becous i am forst in to wvw where soom pvp wvw andys just farm u and the self sadise why there need to kill player who dont have freaking gear with specal runes thad ur wvw rank and soo on

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:
5 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

Why were there no people complaining when GoBs could be bought with Badges of Honor?!

Are you sure there were none?  I'm not.  I've been reading the official forums since before launch.  I can virtually guarantee that there has been almost no system in the game that was never complained about by someone.

People 100% complained. And Badges of Honor were harder to come by then they are now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

and it 2022 soo if ur on bad wvw server u get farm on other 2 server like server ganging up on ur server(thad happening like ad sec how blue and red gangking on green ad sec with blue and red not attacking one nother but only green  and all toger on green

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, tonny.7580 said:

and it 2022 soo if ur on bad wvw server u get farm on other 2 server like server ganging up on ur server(thad happening like ad sec how blue and red gangking on green ad sec with blue and red not attacking one nother but only green  and all toger on green

There will be alliances soon. 

• Confused 1