Release date for EoD [Merged]

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

it is also a very funny date of 22/2/22 (or 2/22/22 if you are using wrong date format :P)

I have no idea guys... just saying that a countdown clock did exist for a while, on a webpage fully designed, detailed for EoD, on a reputable website hosted by an ArenaNet affiliate. I don't imagine that they chose that date on their own. 

They removed the page after it had been up for sometime, again I imagine at ArenaNet's direction, i.e., I'm guessing the date wasn't as firm as initially thought to be, but that it's still a possibility. 

Mind you, I'm still hoping for dwarves, just so you know where my mindset is at... 🤷‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

I have no idea guys... just saying that a countdown clock did exist for a while, on a webpage fully designed, detailed for EoD, on a reputable website hosted by an ArenaNet affiliate. I don't imagine that they chose that date on their own. 

They removed the page after it had been up for sometime, again I imagine at ArenaNet's direction, i.e., I'm guessing the date wasn't as firm as initially thought to be, but that it's still a possibility. 

Mind you, I'm still hoping for dwarves, just so you know where my mindset is at... 🤷‍♀️

Here's a countdown: https://thatshaman.com/tools/eod/

You can find another here: https://gw2efficiency.com/

Alas, they predict different dates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Friday, February 25 would be the launch date based on past expansions (HoT: Friday, October 23. PoF: Friday, September 22). They probably haven't revealed it because they're wanting to use the Canthan festival to tie in Cantha, or maybe they're just waiting so that they can reveal 22/2/22 on 2/2/22.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kawaiiboy.2685 said:

what day is the release of EoD or are you now worrying that lost ark is releasing on the same month and now thinking to delay it again due to that like you did last year with new world?  

Ah yes New world, the game that is so messy it lost more than 50% of its playerbase in less than a month. The game that has gamebreaking bug and exploit discovered each days. If anything, New world is a reminder that a rushed release game is bound to fail.

I want to play EoD but I also dont want to play something that is glitched and bugged as New world. 

2 hours ago, kins.3294 said:

EOD is such a lackluster "expansion" that it will only hold people for a few months anyway.

I would like your link to play EoD. I mean after seeing your comment one would assume you tried and finished the expansion unless you're making a judgement without even looking at the full release .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, kins.3294 said:

EOD is such a lackluster "expansion" that it will only hold people for a few months anyway.

I feel the same, compared to HoT and PoF its not as great.

HoT - has gliding which is useful in every aspect of the game
PoF - has mounts, useful for travel and such

EoD - Skiffs are not useful except for fishing (we have Skimmer which is a boat and a sub), Fishing is also not useful except to grind stuff. And Siege Turtle is useless if you're a solo player.

Honestly, except for elite specs, gen 3 legen, story and map, there's nothing great in the expansion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 15

1 hour ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

EoD - Skiffs are not useful except for fishing (we have Skimmer which is a boat and a sub), Fishing is also not useful except to grind stuff. And Siege Turtle is useless if you're a solo player.

Honestly, except for elite specs, gen 3 legen, story and map, there's nothing great in the expansion.

To be fair, speaking for myself getting a new map, specs and story ARE what I looked forward to with each of the expansions, not the masteries useful as they may or may not end up being after the fact.  That said, the specs as well as the legendaries in this particular expansion aren't inspiring much enthusiasm, which leave us with maps and story....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

And you played the entire xpac when.....?

once again, prove it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

So what you're saying here is basically that introducing mounts in pof was a mistake, since nothing can match the utility they provide when compared to not having mounts pre-pof. At this point it's just being spoiled by one feature and forgetting what "expansion content" actually normally is.

Unless you have something in mind that would somehow match the introduction of mounts?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So what you're saying here is basically that introducing mounts in pof was a mistake, since nothing can match the utility they provide when compared to not having mounts pre-pof. At this point it's just being spoiled by one feature and forgetting what "expansion content" actually normally is.

Unless you have something in mind that would somehow match the introduction of mounts?

My whole point you missed it. Its never about the mounts, it's about the feature that's being used in all aspects of the game bought by the expansions.

Eod fishing and skiffs seems to be only used for grinding for stuff, in water, no other use for that. Seige turtles won't be useful if you're a solo player, I literally felt that during the beta where there's nothing I could do with the turtle except travel when there's no other in party. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

My whole point you missed it. Its never about the mounts, it's about the feature that's being used in all aspects of the game bought by the expansions.

Eod fishing and skiffs seems to be only used for grinding for stuff, in water, no other use for that. Seige turtles won't be useful if you're a solo player, I literally felt that during the beta where there's nothing I could do with the turtle except travel when there's no other in party. 

While this response clears a little more about your expectations, I think you've missed the question being asked, so let me repeat it in hopes of getting an answer here: Unless you have something in mind that would somehow match the introduction of mounts?

In other words: what other feature would you expect to see with this -or any other- expansion in order for it to be somehow worthy?

(I think we can just continue in your thread instead, since these 2 comment chains are basically the same: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107253-heres-why-eod-is-not-a-great-one-compared-to-its-predecessors/ )

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

they never officialy said any exact release date, how should the community know when ._.

19 hours ago, kins.3294 said:

Luckily, I have already bought the founder pack to Lost Ark to keep me busy 😄

cool, can i have your stuff?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 1/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, kins.3294 said:

Luckily, I have already bought the founder pack to Lost Ark to keep me busy 😄

I wish I had a nickle for every time someone has talked a game that hasn't met expectations, particularly recently. I've had friends talk up games like Cyperpunk, Anthem, New World and they've all been disappointing. It's nice that you have faith in game that hasn't released. Get back to me in 9 years and let me know how you're going.

This game has 9 years behind it and some of us have been having fun for 9 years AND STILL are. Anet and their expansions are a known quantity me. I trust my experience with Guild Wars over your opinion of two games that aren't out yet.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Personally, I don't see how Gliding and mounts translate as much to long term gameplay. Like the person you quoted said that there is nothing to keep people playing, I would say a full set of legendaries day 1 AND actual endgame content (Strikes w/CMs) is more long term gameplay than some highlight feature like mounts.

And while this could be hopium, we still don't know what this "dragon jade mastery" track is, which is apparently big enough for Anet to feature on the main EoD website.