Just another EoD poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. You're most anticipated feature? (except the common features, like story, map, elite spec)

• Skiffs
    • Fishing
    • Siege Turtle
    • Jade Bot
    • Strike Missions
    • Jade Dragon and Jade Tech
    • Underwater events
    • No anticipation

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/2022 at 06:30 PM

I'm torn between the siege turtle, the jade bot and the jade tech stuff. My main interest is new lore and story and new things to discover, so all this new jade stuff is interesting but I don't know enough about any of it right now to say which bits I'm most interested in. Also siege turtles are cool and I've been wanting my own one since Factions.

I'm still not sure how I feel about fishing. I'm not expecting to really like it or spend a lot of time on it because I've never enjoyed fishing that much in any game, but I'm hoping it will at least be a fun mini game or activity to do in between other things.

38 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

kitten no one for skiffs, poor devs working on that.

I feel like skiffs are a hard thing to get excited about. I'm sure it will be useful but it seems more like a functional thing than something exciting, especially since we've already got the skimmer so it's not as much of a novelty.

• Like 2

New maps and exploration, but I guess I'll go with fishing since I can do that in new locations lol.  Skiffs I'm still meh about.  Jade tech looks interesting though I feel like I may be sick of green after a while.  Siege turtle I think is a lovely model but since I largely wander about alone not sure how useful it will be personally.  Underwater events, indifferent.

• Like 1

When I see a typo like that, I realize that English might not be the author's native language. Learning a new language is always challenging and difficult. Writing and talking in another language, especially to a public audience requires a lot of courage. This demands respect and appreciation, but definitely not mockery.

-

On Topic: Jade Bot
Although I have not seen much of it, this has the potential to even let the skyscale look like a cardboard cutout. o/

About Skiffs
Why we do not anticipate this feature so much? Because we know a lot about this. They have chosen this feature to be one of the key-elements for the Cantha/EoD marketing of the past year. We were not able to beta-test the skiffs, but we know more about it than about anything else in EoD. People are more interested in discovering things on their own. I think that is why Skiffs appear so low in this poll.

• Like 1

For me it was the story, but judging by the fact that there was no Deep Sea Dragon in the trailer, it will probably be another "oh no we have to stop the bad guy!" situation and probably the Deep Sea Dragon will get the Jormag and Primordus treatment...

It's so sad that they can't end the dragon arc right and they keep ditching it lately. Kralkatorrik was the last true Elder Dragon, the ones after him were/are butchered and seem like a joke.

• Like 2

Story is my main thing but that wasn't on the list 😛 

From what was listed as options the Underwater Events are definitely the big winner for me.

I have absolutely no interest in the Skiff to be honest, I have a Skimmer which is way cooler and can go underwater so Skiff is nothing more than a glorified fishing platform to me.

Fishing I am looking forward to but it is absolutely not a highlight to sell an expansion to me.

Seige Turtle.. I love the Gw1 throwback and the theme of this mount but I play the vast majority of the time solo and I rarely join open world groups unless I start them, so this mount is not likely to get used very often by me.

Jade Bot.. Don't really know much about it yet so it's not getting me excited.

Strike Missions, We will see with these, I am neither excited or unexcited about this content.
I hope they will do well and be enjoyable/appealing to most players.
But I am a pessimist 😛 so I expect the same issues that plague raids will eventually ruin these strike missions as well, hopefully that won't be the case though.

Jade Tech.. in all honesty I am not a fan, I find it to be quite ugly as far as design goes.
Maybe I'll learn to love it over time (unlikely lol) but right now it's another Meh 

• Like 2

I'm going into this expac with a great sense of trepidation.    IBS was a monumental let down as it progressed... so I have some fears that this expac will carry over some of the bad designs of IBS with both content and story.  

Haven't been impressed with any of the new classes, though its hard to make a solid judgement based solely off of betas.  This one will need a bit of time to play around with.       

Being mainly a solo player the turtle is kinda useless and I have a feeling at some point I will be forced to team up with people to complete content, something I can't stand.    

Fishing and skiffs have a novelty feel to them... might be fun for a little bit, but not something I will devote a ton of time towards. 

Far too little info on the Jade tech to form any sort of opinion.  

Strikes do not appeal to me at all.  I have a feeling you will be forced to play them to progress the story which kills the fun imo.

now, that all said, I have prepurchase the game, and will be looking forward to exploring the new maps and hopefully some new armors etc.  

Edited by neighto.7386
formatting
  • Like 3