I hate farming mystic clovers

So I decided that I would finally finish my second gift of fortune to eventually create Sunrise. The only thing I needed is to collect around 32 mystic clovers (I made Bolt before starting on Sunrise). "Oh this is not to bad" the poor naïve me from the past thought. Now I am here after 2-3 full days I only have obtained around 8-9 clovers and I feel completely dead inside. In a day I got 2 from finishing a full reward track, I got both clovers from the WvW gift of battle reward track AND I went to the BUY-4347 ( one of the fractacal vendors) and bought 2 clovers, twice. I noticed a pattern while doing this, you can get only 2 from each of the above mentioned thing. You know, 2 pieces of a very important resource for the progress of a legendary weapon which can ONLY be obtained from a massive hassle.

To be clear, I understand why you have to go through so much of a hassle to get to the mystic clovers. They are a valuable rewards that help you craft your legendary weapon. However, does that give it the excuse to get so little of it after going through so much? No, absolutely not! Considering you are forced to do a bunch of PvP and WvW (which are absolute cluster kittens, lets be real). While yes, it is true you can reset a reward track and get more, you just get 2 PER TRACK regardless. But too make sure you aren't going "too fast", they also set a time gate (Time gating in this game should be a topic all by itself) the amount of mystic clovers you get from vendors. Which means that it doesn't matter how much fractacals you farm, you can only buy 2 a day anyway. So it will take an eternity depending on the amount of clovers you have before hand. It can range from a few days to around a month (Months depending on if you want to do WvW reward track) at best if you are dedicated to farming them.

So, with the "I see red" part out of the way. Let's see what they can do to solve this obvious issue.

The first and most simple solution is for them to just set the amount of clovers you gain to 7 from all sources. Not only does this fit thematically with the 77 clovers you need, but it feels far more rewarding and worth while. But you also don't have to waste as much time, which coincidentally means you are more motivated to farm them out (shocking I know).

But lets assume that for whatever reason you can't, then the next solution you can do is the following:

The second solution is to make it more accessible. What I mean is just give them more ways to farm, like completing dungeons, fractacals and raids (I have never done raids, so idk how fair that is) as examples. Or make them a guaranteed reward from each pvp reward tier chest (the chests you get at the end of each tier of a reward track.)

If that is still unfair for whatever reason (seriously, I don't get it) then the third solution is to just allow you to get a recipe for the mystic clover itself and let you craft it up to 77.

So in a nutshell, I hate farming mystic clovers not because of the ways you need to farm them. Hell, I was pretty motivated to them if it meant getting them. It is the small amount you get from each source. Nothing more and nothing less.

This was me just making a rant and I was seeing red while making it. So I like to at least hear some other thoughts on this matter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

You can rely on RNG in mystic forge with mystic coins if you "want it now". I don't know if you are aware of that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

If you don't normally PVP/WVW there are some tracks that reward more than 2 clovers. I'm of the belief fractals (2/day and you more or less need <1 hour) and even Drizzlewood Coast donation is faster than WVW, which takes 4 hours even with full boosters to finish a reward track. PVP tracks depend on queue times.

If you think 77 clovers is an Eternity try getting God of WVW. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Are you aware you can also make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic Forge? (I didn't see that method mentioned in your post.)

There's no cap on how many you can make at a time via that method, but it does cost spirit shards (for philosopher's stones or mystic crystals) and obsidian shards. It also costs mystic coins and ectoplasm so it's not cheap, but it's not capped or time-gated.

(It's also not guarenteed you'll get a Mystic Clover, I think it's about a 33% chance, but the other items you get are valuable and/or useful for making legendaries.)

• Like 7

The time you spend waiting for clover to reach 77 by buying daily clovers from fotm vendor and dwc reward track can also be used to gather all materials or farm gold to alleviate the gold cost of mystic coins. That way you save money too when it reaches 77 and all gifts are ready

Edited by ardhikaizecson.3697
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

There are also multiple (more than 3) WvW reward tracks that award 7 on a one time basis. Then they convert to only 2.  

This link shows the repeatable versus the one time through ones.  

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

That will shorten the process some.  

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover#Reward_tracks provides a better list

8 hours ago, Fire element.9143 said:

So I like to at least hear some other thoughts on this matter.

Well for starters there is setting appropriate expectations. How long do you expect to make a legendary item? Since you already made one you should already know the answer. Not sure why you are surprised by the time it takes on making the second one.

Making 1 in 11 months is easy.

Making 1 in 1 month requires farming.

Making 1 in 1 day ... pull out a credit card probably.

How much effort you want to put in depends on how fast you want the item.

If I am to believe people's claims about g/h. Around 14 hours of fractal 42 farming should be enough for all the clovers(440g) so you can in fact farm enough fractals for it.

Alternatively, around 22 days of just t4s or 55 days of gathering rich ore nodes

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Fire element.9143 said:

So I decided that I would finally finish my second gift of fortune to eventually create Sunrise.

Congratulations for farming for weeks/months already do get nearly everything you need beside the mystical clover. But did you use the days to get the mystic clovers (e.g. each day buying 2), you would already have anything you need.

Buying one thing each day wont make me feel dead inside.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The faster you want them, the more costly they are on your "sanity and money meter"
- Fractal vendor: saves you mystic coins compared to the mystic forge recipe, works only if you do a lot of fractals and is limited to two a day; advice: If you don't care about any Fractal stuff (like higher tiers and augmentations), buy them regularly until you run out of relics
- Non-repeatable reward tracks: Do them, prioritise those to finish, because those will give you 5-14 clovers (most of them give you 7); If it is a PvP and WvW track, fill that with easy daily potions over time (like sentry capper or monuments); Always have a Gift of Battle track at 39/40 to get a GoB quickly
- Chest of Loyalty: There is no good reason not to use the Legendary crafting material option every month for 7 Clovers (should you log in daily)
- Crafting in the Mystic Forge: This will give you a Clover 33% of the time and also T6 materials you will also need. it is a RNG gamble though and you will get that 33% ratio only in the long run; Do they daily Ley line event to cut costs on Mystic Coins.

Depending on what Legendary you want, you might also include those Funary Incenecse from PoF Hearts into you daily routine, unless you do a lot of Bounties and you have tons of Mosaics to buy them directly.

• Like 3

OP sorry you're having a hard time getting Mystic Clovers. I personally get mine almost exclusively by using the Mystic Forge and never had a hard time with that. Given that the cost for Mystic coin is rather steep, I personally find that farming gold to by the coins is significantly faster than getting them through the reward tracks. The recipe for output of 10 has always worked best for me. Although it's not guaranteed to give you the Mystic Clovers, at the very least it will give you some something like a Tier 6 Mat. which ultimately offsets the cost.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Besides what's been said above:

On 2/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, Fire element.9143 said:

So I decided that I would finally finish my second gift of fortune to eventually create Sunrise. The only thing I needed is to collect around 32 mystic clovers (I made Bolt before starting on Sunrise). "Oh this is not to bad" the poor naïve me from the past thought. Now I am here after 2-3 full days I only have obtained around 8-9 clovers and I feel completely dead inside.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover#Recipes

The second recipe works super well, if you know who your "luck" character is and have the coin to produce them. :classic_wink: I just made 80 Mystic Clover in 16 attempts.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:55 PM, BadHealer.3608 said:

Congratulations for farming for weeks/months already do get nearly everything you need beside the mystical clover. But did you use the days to get the mystic clovers (e.g. each day buying 2), you would already have anything you need.

Buying one thing each day wont make me feel dead inside.

If you're rather new to the game or have never dealt with Mystic Clover before, you're not prepared to discover how hard (or costly) it is to obtain. In concequance, such players will never even get the idea to "prepare" by doing certain daily routines.

I am sure the OP now knows better and will take it into account when they are going to start working on their next legendary.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover#Recipes

The second recipe works super well, if you know who your "luck" character is and have the coin to produce them. :classic_wink: I just made 80 Mystic Clover in 16 attempts.

There’s no such thing as a “luck” character. 

It’s also not wise to use the x10 recipe as you’ll more often end up spending more resources than you would if you had used the x1. To get 80 mystic clovers in 16 attempts meant you had a rate of 50% which is well above the established average of around 31%. Please don’t suggest this option without also including the risks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 2/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bollocks.4078 said:

You're right.  I assumed both Drizzlewood sections would have it since both Bjora sections do.  It's still pretty easy 35 clovers if you can find a group for the missions.  

I was intending on taking some wvw friends into strikes for teaching and fun, then those achievements dropped so it was heaps profitable. A lot of them were surprised that they got so many as well, which was a nice reward for them trying out PvE.