Warclaws were added to the game with a single purpose in mind

23 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

We should also remove the Skyscale and just make the Griffon look like one and do what a Skyscale can! There is no need for two mounts when they are so similiar.

Careful now, WoW players will accuse you of copying their ideas.

• Haha 4

I prefer Jackal to raptor. It has slightly faster running speed, I think 5% or 10% and it has better manouvering to raptor. In races designed for raptor I think they are head to head. 

I use raptor same as bunny, mostly just for engage. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 9:33 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want.

This mount's so similar to the jackal it might as well just have been a jackal. Make the jackal usable in WvW, disable its blink, give it the Warclaw's ability in this game mode.

If anything, that would helped to give the Jackal some form of relevance. 

You might as well say it’s similar to the skyscale too. Remove the wings, shorten the tail, fatten it, change the skills, and it’s the same mount. 

Edited by Inarius.5348
  • Haha 3

Mount license here are split between categories and you never get a duplicate which means that your odds of getting the skin you want increase every time you buy a random license of the same type, and still you have the option to purchase a more expensive license but with 100% chance to get the one want.

From my experience with others MMOs, they would throw all the skins in the same box with a bunch of other crappy items that have a much higher chance just so you almost never get a skin.

So go spent a few hours farming, buy the expensive license and stop complaining on the forums.

Edited by JasonLucas.4981
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

It’s a WvW mount and, surprise, quite useful in WvW. 

Not as useful as it could be.

Jackal is by and large the most useful ground mount.. its speed is as good as the Raptor, faster than the warclaws, does great instant Aoe damage to bunches of enemies, can teleport away from enemies, never takes fall damage due to teleporting and gives everyone a barrier to survive different encounters.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Not as useful as it could be.

Jackal is by and large the most useful ground mount.. its speed is as good as the Raptor, faster than the warclaws, does great instant Aoe damage to bunches of enemies, can teleport away from enemies, never takes fall damage due to teleporting and gives everyone a barrier to survive different encounters.

Warclaw used to:
-Run fast on your team border
-Capture objective without needing to dismount, preventing one-shot build. It can also STEALTH!!
-Give extra heights boost when dismounted
-Kill 10 downed players instantly and inflict long bleeding to non-downed

So it was very useful for difference reasons. Idk why people like to compare when difference mounts meant to fill out difference roles

You can't use Jackal in WvW and Warclaw is "shockingly" not good in PvE

Also can you cross an ocean on your maxed jackal without sand portal?

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:51 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Which could have been achieved by giving that role to the already underused Jackal, which looks pretty much the same anyway.

Am I playing a different game?

Jackal is my most used mount or 2nd most used, and I've unlocked all mounts.

Besides, the solution to your problem is to not buy RNG lootboxes. Not remove unique mounts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rain.4698 said:

Am I playing a different game?

Jackal is my most used mount or 2nd most used, and I've unlocked all mounts.

Besides, the solution to your problem is to not buy RNG lootboxes. Not remove unique mounts

Yep mine to. Skyscale and Jackal are the Mounts who i use 90% of the time.

Jackal has, in my opinion, the best Skins and has no Problem with elevated terrain like raptor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agreeing on all the points regarding Jackal’s strengths. I only use raptor if I know I’m going to be crossing a bunch of large gaps, because sometimes by the second jackal port I’ve lost just enough height to miss the far ledge.

Which means, for ground travel, jackal is my go-to.

Plus, teleporting is cooler than leaping.

• Like 4

all mounts are creatures you sit on to move from place A to place B, just like jackal, because it too is a creature you sit on to move from place A to place B! seems very pointless to me to have so many different mounts that are so similar to jackal. therefore we should turn all of them into jackal!

Edited by Mutisija.5017
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Agreeing on all the points regarding Jackal’s strengths. I only use raptor if I know I’m going to be crossing a bunch of large gaps, because sometimes by the second jackal port I’ve lost just enough height to miss the far ledge.

Which means, for ground travel, jackal is my go-to.

Plus, teleporting is cooler than leaping.

This.

• Like 2

There are a lot of skins for other mounts that are sold diretly. And packages that contain skins only for those mounts.

Yes - money from skins is important though. That is why they made fishing and skiffs. (To sell rod skins and skiff skins.. I wonder why the jade bot does not have skins lol. 😄)

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Yet.

You only see the jadebot for 2 seconds gathering energy or gliding up a ramp.

9 hours ago, Famine.3164 said:

Why not just one mount with all abilities! Now that is giga brain.. 

Less gem buying skins..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, diamondgirl.6315 said:

Really? And here I was, a WvWer, wanting more warclaw skins. Please let me know which of my requests as a customer you find allowable.

Friend of mine and me where surprised that the tiger-skin was not a warclaw-skin because it had the warclaw-proportions. But i think jackal skins just sell better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:33 AM, Aodlop.1907 said:

To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want.

This mount's so similar to the jackal it might as well just have been a jackal. Make the jackal usable in WvW, disable its blink, give it the Warclaw's ability in this game mode.

If anything, that would helped to give the Jackal some form of relevance. 

I...I love my jackal, you monster. 😰

• Like 1
  • Sad 1