The New Legendary Weapons

As I understand it, they're the Aurene weapons that have been filtered through the other dragon magic types, which is why they look like they do. Personally I would've liked for them to be more closely resemble Zhaitan himself, like say modeled after his smaller heads, but this is fine too.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

The new legendary variant is so ugly, black lion skins are better, I will just wait for the Primordus and Jormag variants, hopefully they will be better.

"Zhaitan is the Elder Dragon of Death and Shadow". I'd say the new variants fit that mold pretty nicely. Not all legos have to be shinny and flashy. But also you are welcome to have your opinion so that's cool, so as you said just pass and check out the next variant when it drops.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

who the hell decides the amounts? You need 2.5k of notes to make a weapon as it is, to get 10k i would have to savage 5 sets of ascended gear 🤣

And as for the 100 spirit shards, why? Not all of us have thousands just sitting there. They are gold dust for me and my crafting problem.🙀

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hellbore.1473 said:

How many clicks does it take to get 10k research notes.... my poor poor mouse. If they set the requirement that high at least give us a salvage all option PLEASE!!!!!

...they did in this patch though? 😄

Well, "salvage stack", since "salvage all" could easly salvage whatever you're normally using in your inventory.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...they did in this patch though? 😄

Well, "salvage stack", since "salvage all" could easly salvage whatever you're normally using in your inventory.

but salvage all is necessary if you are using it on things like pieces of equipment

regular salvage kits already have the salvage all option if the risk is acceptable there then there is no reason why it should be for research kits

• Like 1

I was going to craft them all, and do these collections, except I changed my mind. I can handle grind, perhaps more than the majority of people based on this game and others, but this is a bit far.

I have all of the other legendary weapons so it’s not like I really need these. The plan was for it to be something to do to keep me playing the game but it looks like that’ll be a big nope. 

Back to logging in just for content updates. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

10k…

I mean that is crazy. That should never have been an option on their development table. I’m all for long term rewards to chip away at, but sometimes a bit of common sense is in order. 

10k research notes isn't that bad you can get that with 160g

Edited by Aridon.8362
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just here to reming what THEY said about this appearences:

"You’ll note I said appearances, not weapons. [...] and you won’t have to worry about spending tons of resources making and remaking these weapons."

So... yeah. Disappointed.

Edited by Rakotia.5812
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Aridon.8362 said:

10k research notes isn't that bad

True, I'm not exactly sure what all those complaints are about. I think I've initially got around 16k just so I don't have to keep going back to buying/crafting/salvaging while I'm playing, right now I still have more than 10k. Unless the price per note somehow skyrockets and consistently stays much higher than it is, I don't see how this is a huge obstacle. Unless people here wanted the gen 3 weapons with cheaper skins to just obliterate gen 1 and 2 in value, but that's exactly why I don't think these additional legendary skins should be too cheap. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

10k…

I mean that is crazy. That should never have been an option on their development table. I’m all for long term rewards to chip away at, but sometimes a bit of common sense is in order. 

Considering that the actual legendary only costs 2,500 research notes, this is so weird that I honestly think this must've been a typo. 1,000 for an extra skin wouldn't have been unreasonable, but 10,000 is kinda nuts.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This is from Reddit so all credit goes to the two who compiled these.

A single skin requires the following:

Spoiler

• 10k research notes
  • 10 ambergris
  • 100 spirit shards
  • 350k Karma
  • 200 Jade Runestones
  • 250 Memories of Aurene
  • 5 Mystic Clovers
  • Around 50 Events in Orr maps
  • Defeat Tequatl
  • Defeat Risen High Wizard (currently attack event only)

All skins for a single weapon:

Spoiler

• 60k research notes
  • 60 ambergris
  • 600 spirit shards
  • 2.1mil Karma
  • 1,200 Jade Runestones
  • 1,500 Memories of Aurene
  • 30 Mystic Clovers

For a full set of skins per Elder Dragon:

Spoiler

• 160k research notes
  • 160 ambergris
  • 1600 spirit shards
  • 5.6mil Karma
  • 3,200 Jade Runestones
  • 4,000 Memories of Aurene
  • 80 Mystic Clovers

Cost for all skins:

Spoiler

• 960k research notes
  • 960 ambergris
  • 9,600 spirit shards
  • 33.6mil Karma
  • 19,200 Jade Runestones
  • 24,000 Memories of Aurene
  • 480 Mystic Clovers

What makes this even more ridiculous, other than the hours upon hours of just sitting there for the research notes, is this:

Apparently this isn't tons of resources.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1