What I really want to see is a smart phone version of GW2

6 hours ago, Smurfiness.3714 said:

Title says it all. I don't want to sit in front of my pc or laptop just to play GW2.

Well, if it's "just to play GW2", I daresay you're not the target audience.

6 hours ago, Smurfiness.3714 said:

I basically do everything on my phone. 

I don't even know what to say to this. Playing video games on a tiny screen (unless it's something really simple), just really is hard for me to understand. Everything just looks so, well, tiny on there. I must be getting old.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Please no. Translating this game to be even semi functional on a phone is a waste of time. Keep improving on it for PC please. There are plenty of mobile games out there already. Just look at how well Diablo Immortal was recieved...

Diablo Immortal's issue was horrible monetization. Based on reviews the actual gaming part was fine.

14 hours ago, Smurfiness.3714 said:

Title says it all. I don't want to sit in front of my pc or laptop just to play GW2.

I basically does everything on my phone. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/download/

Rather than a full blown mobile version they should work on controller support first. That is something that will apply to more players including for any potential mobile port.

Instead of dc issues it will be "my phone needs to be charged!!!!! I didn't get to kill the boss, I couldn't loot the chest at the end" or not lag but "my wireless carrier...". 

I don't see how anyone would enjoy the game on a tiny screen.  OP, invest in a gaming laptop.  Or a comfy gaming chair, not a cheap one.  I'd support console development long before phone...ick.

19 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well, if it's "just to play GW2", I daresay you're not the target audience.

I don't even know what to say to this. Playing video games on a tiny screen (unless it's something really simple), just really is hard for me to understand. Everything just looks so, well, tiny on there. I must be getting old.

Not to mention the long term health complications associated with mobile gaming compared to other formats.

• Like 2

Only if GW2 Mobile would be a different game in this universum, completly separated from original product.

Mobile games aren't supposed to be played for hours and this is why they're full of microtransactions, including the worst mechanic ever: pay to play more (energy system -> every action takes points, and if you're out of energy, you have to stop playing for a while or pay).

I don't really see any reason to spend resources on translating game into mobile version, only to let someone play on a phone instead of PC like a normal person.

Edited by Antycypator.9874
typo
  • Like 3

Aren't there already ways to stream whatever is running on your PC to a phone? It's not something I've done myself but a quick search online came up with several options.

Alternatively if you can afford one there's the Steam Deck. GW2 isn't officially supported but it works, several people have been playing it on there already and at least one has levelled a character to 80 exclusively on the Steam Deck.

• Like 1