How hyped are you for the next episode?

lezbefriends.7516

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

what episode, Battle for Lion Arch?

0. I did it the first time and it was just an excuse to sell finishers. That and I don't like the potato playing as villain. I'm glad we have the whole thing back, but it was too bad to care.

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Would be a 1 except some of my friends and guildies are looking forward to it and I enjoy playing with them.

Such extreme lows.. and people wonder how stuff gets review bombed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

Around 5 or 6. 

I'm curious about what the "secret item" will be, looking forward to the strike and happy to finally see the legendary battle for Lion's Arch for the first time. Hopefully we get some more fashion items too (full armor set would be wishful thinking, but at least 1 weapon and armor piece seems to be the norm per episode).

At the same time, I know that the 50-person instance will probably end up just like Marionette - fun, but nobody can be bothered to do it once the hype dies down. The strike looks like another multiple-boss encounter where the main challenge is the duration of it, rather than mechanics. I also doubt that the CM will be as difficult as the last one (which is a shame).

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Just becouse someone have other opinion than you, doesn't mean it's review bombing. Are you working for Amazon Studios perhaps? They seems to think the same after releasing this abomination of a series called rings of powah.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I never know how to pick number ratings for things, but I'm looking forward to it.

It will be very nice to finally have the whole Elder Dragon saga in the game and playable. (I know some small parts of Season 1 are still missing, but it's a vast improvement over what we had.) I like that I'll be able to take a character through the entire story in order for the first time since about 2014. Which would actually be the first time ever for me, since my main character hadn't finished the personal story when Season 1 started.

I'm also looking forward to getting to play the Battle for LA again and finish some of the achievements I couldn't do the first time around. I think I was away for the start of it and then my old computer died so for most of the event I was doing whatever I could manage in between crashes, with the lowest possible graphics and 'error confetti' (little square of fuzz) all over the screen, so it wasn't a great experience. I got my new computer set up for literally the last day of the release.

On the other hand I'm aware that a lot of the good memories I have of it aren't likely to be repeated, I remember a big part of the challenge being trying to work out which map you were on, if there were enough people in your overflow map and trying to get squads set up in time to complete the event. Between the megaserver update (which was just after this) and players generally getting better at coordinating none of that will happen again. I'm expecting it to be a lot smoother and more consistently successful but maybe not feel as exciting as a result.

• Like 3

More censoring artwork

Strike is not battle on top the breachmaker, just 3 robots.

Just noticed that the most popular character from the first round, herotron, has completely lost its arch.

Only thing that make me excited is if completing the whole season adds a portal scoll to old lions arch, pre scarlet. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Remakes should be reviewed bombed, especially when those making the remakes are not faithful to the source material, which anet has not been.

Anet has changed dialog, added fanfic lore books, removed whole chapters of the story (lost shores and cutthroat politics) and even censored art assets. The biggest give away that anet is not respecting the lore is they hired a narrative director to add their fanfic to the story.

You just have to come to grips LS1 is dead and never coming back because the original writers have been gone from the company for years. The current version is forgery of the original story, similar to Rings of Power.

Edited by Shadowmoon.7986
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

This chapter comes full circle for me as I started GW2 during the finale.  It was quite chaotic as a new player and I really didn't know what was going on and I died a lot.  It will be interesting to see if I have the same result.

Not just me then. It's been a long time, but I remember the Battle for LA being dark and confusing. And I wasn't a new player at that point.

As to the overall question, I'm looking forward to having the final chapter of LW1 because my daughter is playing the story in order and won't proceed on to the rest of the expansions and LW until she completes it. It'll be nice to be freed to continue on with the rest of the story with her.

I'm also looking forward to it because I have a concept for a new character that I think Scarlet's Veil will work well on, and I'm hoping it'll be available as a reward for completion like it was originally.

I do find it odd that anyone would think the final chapter of LW1 is in any sort of competition with other big MMO releases. I can see comparing a new expansion, but this is just one small chapter we'll probably play through in a single session. It's not even in the running to compete with a major release in another game.

5 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Well, if you consider giving an honest and accurate opinion on one's own personal level of excitement for a piece of content to be a, "review bomb," then sure. But, in general, a statement that one is not personally interested in a given movie, game content, book, streaming show, etc is not review bombing as the subject, in the question posed in this thread, is the viewer's interest, not the content itself.

• Like 1

4-6

I'm a bit trepedacious because Taimi has had zero screentime in the main story, Twisted Marionette isn't added to the main story or even hinted at via mail like Twilight Arbor Aetherpath was, and depending on how they go with the story instances, all we might get is Taimi suddenly showing up at the very end in a very bland joke dialogue fashion for all of 3 minutes; they need to add the post-TM Origins of Madness story instance (ideally) and/or the Edge of the Mists open world dialogue that featured her actual introduction to players. Same goes for Canach, who will already only get 3 minutes at most if they add Edge of the Mists open world dialogue.

Similarly, I'm worried that the public group instance will be Battle for Lion's Arch's zone (Lion's Arch Enemy Controlled) rather than the story-rich Escape from Lion's Arch's zone (Lion's Arch Under Attack), or the best option of merging the two together one after the other.

But I'm very curious and admittedly on a bit of hopium that the secretive item of Lion's Pride will be a lounge pass to the original Lion's Arch city (and for extra hopium, that it'll have festival decorations during Dragon Bash, Halloween, and Wintersday).

The fact the strike isn't Prime Hologram does make the interest take a sizeable hit, but given how people enjoyed EoD strikes I'm sure it won't be bad. Just will have that sense of "it could have been better."

38 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I thought hype was a bad thing, corresponding to over-excitement and having unrealistic expectations?

Overhyping is bad. It means expectations are too high and people will be disappointed when it launches.

Underhyping is bad. It means people aren't interested and the piece won't get exposure on release when it arguably matters most.

Like all things in life, moderation and a good balance is required.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 1

Ok, this is my take, coming from a "new" player who has not only not done any of the preceding episodes yet (I will eventually though), but also one who has played a lot of games with many new content released. I would say a 5 out of 10. In my experience, having too much expectation, or not enough, tends to result in disappointment in one way or another, and as someone who tries to have a more balanced view towards life and such game updates, having the pendulum swim too much in either direction is not always a good thing. But at least there IS new content coming, which is great and a lot better than some games I have played which had only token ones, so that is always appreciated...

Peace...

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Remakes should be reviewed bombed, especially when those making the remakes are not faithful to the source material, which anet has not been.

Anet has changed dialog, added fanfic lore books, removed whole chapters of the story (lost shores and cutthroat politics) and even censored art assets. The biggest give away that anet is not respecting the lore is they hired a narrative director to add their fanfic to the story.

You just have to come to grips LS1 is dead and never coming back because the original writers have been gone from the company for years. The current version is forgery of the original story, similar to Rings of Power.

Most of the content has been very faithful.

Only two pieces of dialogue were actively changed (Braham's text dialogue about Ottilia and Mai Trin), the lore books are great additions that foreshadow later story and reference characters that'll be met (only one of them I have an issue with which implies the Flame-Blood agreement of Flame giving Blood their cubs happens 8 years earlier than it should have), and while the removed chapters is extremely disappointing, Bobby Stein has said that it's not only still canon, but something they want to bring back full time in the future. I imagine the main reason they're focusing on the so-called "main story" of LWS1 is because of the very complaints that've been prevalent for the past two months - people not invested in the LWS1 return are bored and want brand new content. Imagine if they included the three other major story releases of The Lost Shores, Secret of Southsun, and Cutthroat Politics expanding the time of LWS1 return by 3-6 months.

Also while Indigo Brook that's working on LWS1 was just a player during the original LWS1 releases and the two main writers of the time, Scott McGough and Angel McCoy, have moved on, the other major devs known to be working on LWS1 return (Bobby Stein and Joe Kimmes) were around since GW1 development times. So "the original writers have been gone from the company for years" is... objectively false. Some of them (those two + Matthew Medina off the top of my head) are still around.

• Like 3