EoD gear locked behind strike missions

Jimbru.6014

I am a reasonably skilled but casual player. After 11 years in WoW, I have sworn off ever being a raider in any game ever again. I would rather quit GW2 entirely than be forced to raid in this game, and I am far from alone in that regard. On my personal list of most hated things to do in GW2, raids are definitely at the top, and strike missions are close behind since they're basically just raids with less preamble. Now, follow the bouncing ball:

- To finish the collections for my class specialization weapons on EoD specs, I have to do EoD strike missions, which one depending on the specific weapon.

- To get ascended EoD jewelry for builds, AFTER completing my class spec weapon, I have to beat Harvest Temple, the hardest non-CM strike mission in the game, TWICE to get both necklace and ring, and I have to do all that on TWO characters to be able to get a full set because the rings and trinkets are unique.

- The only way to get EoD stats on an ascended backpiece is either through Harvest Temple (again, the hardest strike mission) or by praying for a random drop from the Echovald meta.

All this loot locking behind strike missions is just one of several reasons why EoD is THE worst GW2 expansion and one of the worst expansions for any game I've ever played. EoD stats should be made available on existing stat selectable gear, without forcing casual players into hardcore group content. That is all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 22

I am a reasonably skilled but casual player. After 11 years in WoW,

k we know all we need to know xd

don't do what you not like to do

- To get ascended EoD jewelry for builds, AFTER completing my class spec weapon, I have to beat Harvest Temple, the hardest non-CM strike mission in the game, TWICE to get both necklace and ring, and I have to do all that on TWO characters to be able to get a full set because the rings and trinkets are unique.

what about this one or this one, you can select any stats you want

- The only way to get EoD stats on an ascended backpiece is either through Harvest Temple (again, the hardest strike mission) or by praying for a random drop from the Echovald meta.

What about this one or this one that you can slect any stats? 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 2
  • Confused 12

4 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

k we know all we need to know xd

don't do what you not like to do

what about this one or this one, you can select any stats you want

What about this one or this one that you can slect any stats? 

its kinda is

Ritualist and Dragon's aren't actually available on the older stuff like that. I'm guessing those are the stats OP was referencing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Strikes are rather easy to pick up, I'm not sure you want to compare it to some hardcore raiding. If you don't randomly press keys while playing the game (and considering you call yourself "reasonably skilled", I think it's fair to simply assume you don't), you should be perfectly fine joining/making a squad and completing the strikes. On the other hand if you don't want to (out of curiosity, why?) then oh well, your choice -and I don't mean that in some sarcastic way, it's just what it is: your choice. Luckily you can enjoy the game all the same without those 2 stats (for now, since they'll probably be added to stat-choice items later on, like it always was). 
Overally if someone goes with the "I could do it but I won't because no!" then all there is left to say is: ok, you're free to make that choice.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Most of the EoD strikes are very easy, low tier fractal easy, and require only a few minutes to complete. They are not, again most, like raids. A couple of them are easier than some open world boss events such as you might find in Orr.

I disagree with the notion that providing rewards for end game content is somehow a bad thing. I also disagree with the notion that this is why EoD is an awful expansion. The writing, characterization, and pacing were amateurish at best and the aesthetics are questionable. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10

I did the one for the turtle, but it took 30-40 mins and I’m not sure I’d ever repeat that. It was mind numbingly boring in places where boss hp was so high. I think if they were more like the IBS ones, I’d be more keen to do them regularly for rewards and collections. Otherwise, they are one and done at best for me if they are all like this (I’ve heard mixed reports).

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

I don't like strikes, but ins't a nightmare, the most hard for spec weapons, the minister li, u will find easy once u get used to the encounter.

Give some try, believe-me u will find it chill.

Theyre just visually polluted.

But i agreed theres too much thing locked behind strikes.

The IBS strikes was regurlaly played by everyone and don't have all that locked behind it, specially gear status.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

You can easily get a legendary amulet(necklace) from "return to" achievements. Fairly easy to get and you'll never need to think about amulet stats again. 

As for strikes. Once the basics have been explained to you (can refer to Mukluk videos if you'd like) it's not so hard nir stressful as I would imagine wow raids to be if you are a reasonably skilled player. Strikes are introductions to raids rather than being raids themselves. They have no enrage timers unless you are doing CM.

But it's up to you, I'd be willing to help out if you need it. I'm always happy when more people would be able to let go of  preconceived ideas to try more content out.

Edited by Serephen.3420
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

We are still waiting for EoD stats (ritualist & dragon) being added to general stat-select gear. Both exotic and ascended. Which should happen sooner or later. They did it with HoT and PoF stats after some time, too. Currently you can only get those stats by either crafting them directly, stat-swapping ascended gear with insignias/inscriptions or obtaining EoD exclusive (stat-select) gear.

For armor & weapons, it is rather easy as you can stat-change any ascended gear you own. You just need the right inscription/insignia (exotic), which can be crafted with very little effort. The rest is meh at best, especially if you want gear for more than other character.

Looking forward to the day Dragon's and Ritualist's gets added to all stat-select gear. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 2

Raid LFG sucks pretty bad but Strikes are a lot easier to get into since the LFG is more active and they don't take as long... except for Old Lions Arch which feels like a massive damage sponge. There are a lot of people used to pugging them daily/weekly at the moment that I'm sure you could clear it even if you're dead most of the time.

6 hours ago, Jimbru.6014 said:

- To finish the collections for my class specialization weapons on EoD specs, I have to do EoD strike missions, which one depending on the specific weapon.

Could you imagine if  people are gathering the multiple variance  Aurene Legendary weapons (which are humogous grind) and not do-once-instance for the achiv collection's weapons ?

Maybe the 6 months of Soo Won debate , really broke the camel back

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jimbru.6014 said:

without forcing casual players into hardcore group content.

Strike Missions are not hardcore group content.  The first three EoD strike missions are fairly easy. They are one main feature of EoD, so I think it’s good that there is stuff locked behind them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Jimbru.6014 said:

You can get ascended trinkets with EoD stats from doing the EoD Story Achievements.

Also, the collections you mentioned can only be completed once, so creating a second char for a profession doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Providing rewards for endgame content is not a bad thing. Locking them behind this content however may be. Especially when we're talking about baseline utility kind of rewards.

Best in slot ascended gear for specific builds is not baseline utility. Everyone can play just fine without those stats at this point even in the hardest content. So if someone is not playing the hardest group PVE content, the latest BIS is definitely not baseline utility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Best in slot ascended gear for specific builds is not baseline utility.

In this game it is.

10 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Everyone can play just fine without those stats at this point even in the hardest content. So if someone is not playing the hardest group PVE content, the latest BIS is definitely not baseline utility. 

That's a way of thinking taken straight out from a vertical progression game. GW2 is not a vertical progression game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

In this game it is.

It clearly is not. Unless you count strikes as baseline content which I guess they could be. 

Maybe it would be better worded that you think it should be. 

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's a way of thinking taken straight out from a vertical progression game. GW2 is not a vertical progression game.

No that is a way of thinking from a progression game. Be it vertical, horizontal or any kind of progression. Something not being vertical doesnt mean everything should be given to everyone baseline. Besides new stat combos don't increase character power, only distribute stats in a different way. I'm sure author can make a build with combination of other stats that performs equally or close. 

Also there are other means to acquire those stat combos without doing group content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Could you imagine if  people are gathering the multiple variance  Aurene Legendary weapons (which are humogous grind) and not do-once-instance for the achiv collection's weapons ?

Maybe the 6 months of Soo Won debate , really broke the camel back

Thanks for reminding me that either the Strike or the map meta is likely to be required to complete a Soowon variant skin. All of my hate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Thanks for reminding me that either the Strike or the map meta is likely to be required to complete a Soowon variant skin. All of my hate.

It would make sense that either the strike or the meta is required for the variant. I am really looking forward to it. 
Why do casual players hate so many things, in every post they are talking about hate. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Providing rewards for endgame content is not a bad thing. Locking them behind this content however may be. Especially when we're talking about baseline utility kind of rewards.

There is nothing you can accomplish with the new stats that you cannot with combinations of previous stat gear. Still, I am not sure that BiS ascended gear qualifies as, "baseline."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Jimbru.6014 said:

putting aside the E.Spec weapons collection.
The biggest question here is; what content are you playing where you will require Full Dragon or Ritualist gear? because if you're NEVER touching raids/strike/fractals then you probably don't need to be running a full stat build, or can suppliment those missing items with other stats like Celestial(to cover all your based) or a similar stat selection(Vipers works well with Ritualist).

moving back to the collections; ALL collections can be completed by playing SOLO story missions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1