ANet wants celestial gear to do what it currently does because they directly profit from it being strong.

Jugglemonkey.8741

On 4/11/2023 at 12:41 PM, Shorra.7256 said:

They only have ever cared about one thing and that is squeezing out as much money

Where is the connection of something broken makes you more money while something that works properly does not make you money? just curious. because it should be exactly the opposite I think.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/11/2023 at 6:29 AM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Pretty much the title. 

It would be one thing if they just buffed the set to being as strong as it is by adding the concentration and expertise, but ANet also changed the gear you get from the Lv80 boost from the gem store from full soldiers to full exotic celestial. It went from being a relatively rare set with a time gate to being available to anyone with a credit card within 6 months of the set being buffed.

Sure. Anet wants it to be strong so players new to a class can do well on it and experiment with different builds on a single gear set. I can accept that, that's a good thing for many reasons. That said, while ANet directly profits from this move in terms of gem/expac sales it's hard not to see it as an intentional act on ANet's part, much like the elite specs from the latest expac being left bonkers OP for years on end until the next one comes out.

It doesn't matter what you think about celestial stats, or what I think about them for that matter. It's clear that celestial stats are intentionally being left as strong as they are. The boon spam is also being left as it is for the same reason. The balance the game had in vanilla is gone, this is the new normal. The sooner people realise that and accept it, the happier they'll be. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95447-game-update-notes-may-11-2021/ - The patch celestial was changed to include concentration and expertise.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/102830-game-update-notes-october-5-2021/ - The patch the Lv80 boost was changed to give every class celestial gear. 

Aw...the celestial scapegoat...

It couldn't POSSIBLY be all these powercreeped elite specs could they? Nah, who am I kidding? Then players would have to take a look in the mirror and admit that they all drink from the perma-boon, perma-mobility teet...

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/11/2023 at 3:29 AM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

It went from being a relatively rare set with a time gate to being available to anyone with a credit card

The time gate isn't much of one at all anymore It was reduced from 5 crystals to 2 a while back.  So it isn't really rare by any means.

And even barring that, you can buy it off the tp for like 100g total which really isn't much more than a lot of other 4 stat equipment that was also made so it was sellable.

It is much more likely that they just don't want to balance stats at all since most of them are useless anyways and they just want people using the same stats.  In PvE, people use like 7-8 stats in the 1% of content that acutally requires you care about stats. The rest of the game is just zerker/viper/cele.   WvW isn't even a factor in this equation and pvt is just a bad stat set in this day and age.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

It couldn't POSSIBLY be all these powercreeped elite specs could they? Nah, who am I kidding? Then players would have to take a look in the mirror and admit that they all drink from the perma-boon, perma-mobility teet...

Right on point.

Cele is not a problem, boon spam is. Without lots of might cele dmg is quite weak. Might should be made more scarse. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

My friend, your example might be something to improve. Not the same things. 

I wonder if we would have had this argument or considered celestial as such a current problem if Anet hadnt, you know, buffed it with boon and condi duration even though it already had thousands more stat points than regular gear

Edited by Dawdler.8521

10 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I wonder if we would have had this argument or considered celestial as such a current problem if Anet hadnt, you know, buffed it with boon and condi duration even though it already had thousands more stat points than regular gear

Considering that it makes the boon upkeep almost perma, and the main way it gets you killed is condis... Probably no we wouldn't have so many threads about it and essentially dead solo roaming.

Edited by Hotride.2187

Counterpoint: With the exception of one notable specialization, Celestial is actively detrimental in endgame PvE settings. Anyone who shows up to raid with celestial stats is doing it wrong. Sorry WvW-ers. The set from the boost is there so new players can run around the open world and be okay without any knowledge of talents or skills. It's 100% not malicious and it's a bit ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Edited by nucklepuckk.1805
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

That was actually my overall point: cele is here to stay, get used to it & find something else to complain about. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Edu.6984 said:

Right on point.

Cele is not a problem, boon spam is. Without lots of might cele dmg is quite weak. Might should be made more scarse. 

So reduce boon duration on cele if it is problematic on cele? Duh. So cele is the problem and it only became such after they added 50% free boon and condi duration to it.

Edited by Riba.3271

Cele is problem in competitive in it`s core. Balance was allways about rock-paper-scissors game, where your build would have advantage about some and disadvantage againts others. power vs toughness/prot, condi vs vitality/cleanse/resolution, boon vs rip and so on. 

Cele ruins this game by adding fourth element in this game which beats all of them alltogether. I can understand why they overbuff new specs - to sell expac, but buffing cele in competitive is just dumb. They can leave cele in open world for new players to learn, but it should leave competitive.

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

So reduce boon duration on cele if it is problematic on cele? Duh. So cele is the problem and it only became such after they added 50% free boon and condi duration to it.

Let’s look at this in a logical way… You say 50% and that may seem like a big number, but you have to look deeper.

Unrelenting Assault is 8s Might in PvE.

Unrelenting Assault is 3s Might in WvW/PvP

Unrelenting Assault is 12s Might in PvE with 50% Concentration.

Unrelenting Assault is 4.5s Might in WvW/PvP with 50% Concentration.

I mean, can we not handle 1-2s of an extra boon time that was already nerfed by half in the first place? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

that moment when people are crying about cele because it makes people survive their 1shot build... sometimes... if you nerf cele you have to nerf berserker and marauder/dragon too... i'm tired of people taking 50% of my hp with 1 button and then complaining that it should have been 100%...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 4/11/2023 at 6:29 AM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Pretty much the title. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95447-game-update-notes-may-11-2021/ - The patch celestial was changed to include concentration and expertise.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/102830-game-update-notes-october-5-2021/ - The patch the Lv80 boost was changed to give every class celestial gear. 

You're giving Anet too much credit.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:16 AM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

As for the original topic:

I'm pretty sure that Juggle is right, at least to a degree.

However, what I see constantly overlooked in these recent Celestial threads is that ArenaNet does not balance for 1v1. I think that has much more to do with how they treat Celestial than the players who make these threads (choose to-) comprehend. First and foremost this is a massive-multiplayer game and even if you go down to a scale of solo roaming, there is more to that than a duel. The amount of people here who primarily or even exclusively deals in that content probably translates poorly to overall content. That is beyond even considering that by being a controlled submode, players can make rules for duels themselves (same as GvG). It is of and by itself a submode that is less dependent on balance. If this is about more than duels we are talking about a far more complex topic and I don't trust the typical no-you-angryface people to handle that. It is evident by how those topics have been handled so far.

If 1v1 is imbalanced then so is 2v2 3v3 10vs10 50vs50 etc.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I was more referring to not bring in the gun issue and use another metaphor. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Enough with the Celestial bashing for goodness sake. We've played thrue the power creep, the insane boost to condies, the oversized aoe rings, reduced seige damage, map modifications that favor attackers, reduced land speed for melee, and many more things instigated by folks complaining about this thang and that. Most of us adapted and are doing okay.

Grow a pair and stop moaning your opinion is no more valid then everyone elses. If i can work thrue it why can't you. Everyone is looking for an easy kill nowadays. I see opposing players bait out others then if you go to help, players from  your side signs off and you're left fighting with a bunch of morphing, disappearing, cloning magicians but oh well that's the way the game is build. Yet those same people will complain about  a stat combo that cause them to spend time taking someone out.

Suck it up Buttercup you'll survive.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

You are right but you really don't have much choice. Too many, revs/thief/guardian/slb gankers roaming. You can't survive without good hp and toughness. Everything else is bonus really... revenant,engineer,mesmer, ele thief, guardian and slb kitten boons like crazy even without celestial.

Corrupt their boons? lmao , they turn condi to boons, or kitten same boons 3 seconds later. It has nothing to do with celestial gear.

If anything there are too many self generated boons, all of them should be gutted to 1-2s max depending on their availability.

• Like 3