What's the biggest selling feature of SotO if you could only name one thing?

27 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

I'm still in wait and see mode, but the thing that most interests me so far is the weapons proliferation. Especially the new core weapons. IMO a step in the right direction that's long overdue.

Nice to see I get weapons without buying Soto.

If I dont you cant really call them core weapons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I have not preordered (for the first time since I started playing GW1 in 2005) and am currently not intending to buy SotO.  The three things that had me considering buying were the wizard's tower and the medium and heavy obsidian armor. The announcement that ANet now considers removing functionality from existing legendary gear in order to sell it back to players has left me disinclined to pursue the obby armor. The tower alone is insufficient to entice me to buy the expac.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I am just curious what the community here thinks is the top biggest selling feature for this expansion 4, Secrets of the Obscure, if you could only name one thing?

It's not the biggest selling point for me (still didn't prepurchase), but for now I think the actual biggest soto bait selling point is making certain rewards easier to get.

• Like 4

The most important reason for getting SOTO have been Shared Inventory slot for my second account (bought when PoF where on sale which included already HoT), which can not get the last one (from HoT) as it is a maxed already with 27 Shared Inventory slots to get 28.

Did pre-purchase even that I was on the fence on not doing that.

From what I have seen on trailers it looks too much the same as Bloodstone Fen where one have to use Updraft and Ley-Line to get around (before we got mounts) and Living World season that came with HoT (with Gliders as main focus).

Most of upgrades for flying mounts are after all just an extension of Gliding where Updraft and Ley-line where main part of expansion before we had mounts.

At least I can decide if SoTO would be worth on my oldest account later from playing on that account which have SoTO.

For completeness of the game, for the amount of hours in GW2 I have invested in the game, it makes no sense not to own the complete game.

But I look forward to the new zones and what the new story will be. I'm also curious about the new mechanics; new weapon training masteries, new weapons and the relics and hopefully Anet have some good planned for them to make this split.

I hope the Rift hunting is something fun too, for Cameron to write it was one of the coolest features he'd worked on; well, I hope there's more complexity to them than we saw in that teaser.

• Like 3