Balancing cries strangely quiet atm.

idk, i think there's a lot of super screwed up things and it's very painful and apparent if you play something that's currently down in the trenches

even specs that the community largely doesn't consider "good" still get away with a lot of misplays, poor CD usage, positioning, etc
strong specs just straight up have more things to press and they're all individually stronger on top of that

it's design decisions that aren't fixable by number balancing, though

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm just enjoying the matchmaking design.

If I get nerfed, I downgrade and play in a lower league. I still win around half of the matches there. Which is good.
If I get buffed, I promote and play in a higher league. I still win around half of the matches there. Which is good.

I regret that Stone Heart is nerfed, because that kept my fragile tempest alive some of the times in sPvP. But I have had buffs in the past like Ele scepter buffs. It is just what it is. And if I can still get wins around 50% of the matches I'm fine. I could not care less where I'm on the ranked ladder as I will never compete at the top anyway.

• Thanks 2

there's no need to worry about balance when every game is silvers versus platinums. the league rankings sort out the balance for you since the stacked team always wins and it doesn't matter what you do because of matchmaking.

go ahead and play your meme build since you won't be facing anyone even close to your level of expertise anyway.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Is it only pigbeast and everything else fine?

We waiting for expack?

We tired?

What's goin on~

I am tired of balance fails.

I am tired of fake promises.

I have no expectations for current team.

I have even less expectations for upcoming "DLC". 

All is vain.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:21 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

even specs that the community largely doesn't consider "good" still get away with a lot of misplays, poor CD usage, positioning, etc. 

Exactly this. You hardly find something anymore that requires brain and skill these days.  Everything became way more spammy and forgiving including conquest rotations with all that mobility power creep. I had few years break and it is insane how mechanically easy everything has become to play, no matter how op or up in comparison something is. And the dumb down continues. Happens when bad to average ex player with zero work experience as dev, zero game and class knowledge and an unprofessional mindset balance the game into their favor and taste. 

Edited by doozer.7063
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, doozer.7063 said:

Exactly this. You hardly find something anymore that requires brain and skill these days.  Everything became way more spammy and forgiving including conquest rotations with all that mobility power creep. I had few years break and it is insane how mechanically easy everything has become to play, no matter how op or up in comparison something is. And the dumb down continues. Happens when bad to average ex player with zero work experience as dev, zero game and class knowledge and an unprofessional mindset balance the game into their favor and taste. 

well said 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

What is there to say that hasn't been said already? The explosive power creep is insane, I personally do not think any support builds are meta anymore because we cannot keep up with the amount of damage being put out.

I don't see this changing because the devs have no idea what they are doing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, veritech.1048 said:

What is there to say that hasn't been said already? The explosive power creep is insane, I personally do not think any support builds are meta anymore because we cannot keep up with the amount of damage being put out.

I don't see this changing because the devs have no idea what they are doing.

If the damage is low....gw2 playerbase cries" can't kill bunkers"

If the damage is high....gw2 playerbase cries" omg...I die in 2s"

If the damage is medium......gw2 playerbase cries" omg things don't die...game boring"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

so does this mean cmc is actually the best pvp balance dev ever?

When the goal was to make PvP a meaningless, casual, no skill needed spam clown fiesta most skilled ppl with competitive mindset lose respect and interest in? Than yes. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

If the damage is low....gw2 playerbase cries" can't kill bunkers"

If the damage is high....gw2 playerbase cries" omg...I die in 2s"

If the damage is medium......gw2 playerbase cries" omg things don't die...game boring"

I have zero issues with whatever the damage or ttk is, I do however have an issue that rears it's head every once in awhile where support role feels useless because our numbers aren't competitive. I'm doing 300k, and even with some builds 400k in healing and my teammates still just melt and die nearly instantly.

For the most part everyone has just given up and just plays GW2 casually at this point.

It has become a well known casual MMO where people save their competitive side for other MMO's like WoW Arena, or even outside the MMO genre all together.

Their PvP from GW1 is so far gone it just doesn't seem like this GW2 team will ever get it, so why bother anymore.

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1