What is the purpose of the Jade Bot Personal Waypoint?

Buzzbugs.1236

It's for emergencies in metas. For example, putting it on the Harvest Temple during Soo Wan gets you back into the fight quicker. In areas like SoTo and LS4, you might be doing a tough fight and need to get back quick if you are in danger. I've used it for Sandswept Isle bounties. Or maybe you want to go help someone whilst exploring, then return to your exploring afterwards.

It's very useful in that way without being overpowered. Plus if you put it on a map then zoned, it would have to keep that map shard open for it to remember your placement. And that's nigh on impossible with megaserver tech from what we've seen of its working

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

What is the point of any of the EOD mysteries? They're all highly situational and even then, of limited value. The game was not changed in any meaningful way by them, and they serve little purpose.

I've used the waypoint twice. Once to quickly do that mastery point with the drink in DE and once before I realised there was a BLTP at the Arborstone craft stations.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I find them incredibly useful when doing things like dailies.... you can pop it up at say a vista... then go work on something else in the map say a Heart or whatnot.. then use the wp to get back without having to walk to the vista.   As others have said its useful for those tougher metas where death means a long race to get back into the fray... saves you the legwork to get back to the fight.   

Could it be better?  yes of course it could ie being able to use it across different maps.. but its an EoD feature... so it wasnt super well thought out and seems like it was a rushed feature

Edited by neighto.7386
  • Like 3

They're completely useless.

Even if you die in a meta you can just take your time coming back from the wp. The loot will still be there and you'll get participation regardless.

All post-PoF masteries are progression padding that get quickly forgotten. We didn't even get photo mode for jade bots, which was extremely low hanging fruit. Jade bots themselves also got completely dropped when they failed to become the next big skin seller.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

It's my "extra life," if I set it before jumping into that boss fight.

For example, going to fight Claw of Jormag in Drizzlewood? Put it down before jumping into the big fight, just in case! I find that a lot better than being that person who goes "well I died, guess I'll wait for everyone to finish the fight for me because the actual waypoint is sooooooooo far away! /dramatic"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I find the personal WP useful in Vexa's Lab in case I go through the wrong door, I won't have to port or get ressed as I can just respawn at the entrance.
It also helps in metas in case you die, since you can respawn pretty much next to the meta instead of having to run, I saw people use it on Forged Dogs in the foundry for example.

• Like 2

You can port to it 😀
I use it quite often to save a point (e.g. the parking-place of that char on that map) I want to return to after action.

E.g. on Skywatch Archipelago a rift-hunter char is parked at the tower entrance, a good starting place for my griffon, when I am done I port back.

3 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

if it wasn't burdened with that ridiculous 10-minute cd.

A shorter CD would be nice yes.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3

it has many uses, even if they're not all ground-breaking:

- combined with the normal jade bot revive skill, you essentially get two free deaths in a row, which allows alot of risk-taking.

- you can port to it while in combat, instead of waiting to be finished off. this helps with soloing difficult bosses and hero points since you can immediately respawn as soon as you go down, and start attacking them again to finish off the last of their health (this is known as waypoint-zerging).

- you can place it in obscure locations and port allies to it with the siege turtle, skiff, or a variety of chairs. this puts it on a much lower cooldown the white mantle portal for open-world, and unlike portals it has unlimited range and can port an ally to literally anywhere on the map!

- unlike similar devices like the position rewinder, it won't reset if you get a loading screen (i'm looking at you, chalice of tears!).

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2