[Poll] How long have you been on your current server?

How long have you been on your current server?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been on your current server? (Ignore the beta weeks)

• Less than a month (Moved in Dec 2023)
    • 1-3 months
    • 4-6 months
    • 7-12 months
    • 1-2 years
    • 3-4 years
    • 5+ years or OG server resident!
  2. 2. How many times do you think you've moved servers your entire time in gw2?

• 0 times - Server Loyal for life!
    • 1 time - For the friends!
    • 2-5 times - For the guild!
    • 6-10 times - For the commander!
    • 11-20 times - For the content!
    • 21-27 times - I needed to visit each and every single server, I need a [Well Travelled] title stat!

I started out on Mag before launch. I think I transferred to Northern Shiverpeaks like a couple of months or near a year after because my log in time was getting really stale even though I liked running around with those pugs when stuff was happening. 

How many of you remember that far back in detail? I have a bad sense of time and that time is already a blur. 

Been on YB for not quite nine years. Started on HoD with a guild from my GW1 days. Moved when the guild died (people not satisfied with the changes from GW1 to 2).

Edited by Ashen.2907
Math is hard.
  • Confused 1

Perspective: 5 years ago, is barely before the 25-02-2020 patch. I've been inactive longer than that... Heck I've been mostly inactive since 2017 at POF release. So yeah 5+ years of no transfer was kind of EASY 😛

That said at launch we had free transfers for a while, which I abused to transfer back and forth between EU and NA to play with different friends (PVE). Until my EU buddies ditched the game, and stuck out with NA. Ended up on Kaineng randomly because it was a free server at the time, and met my guild there. Guild transferred around a few times (mostly to hunt down friends on Kaineng...) and I've joined them a few times, and then we always ended up back on Kaineng again. Eventually got sick of transferring around and just told them to hunt me down instead. Forgot how long ago the last time I transferred was... guessing early HOT.

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

My two polls make it seem like there isn't a bandwagon problem at all. 🤷‍♂️

Or bandwagon players aren't complaining on the forums since they aren't impacted since they can just jump ship and therefore have no reason to be on the forums. Right now this poll is showing that more players would see a negative impact of the WR going live. But this is a small sample so far.

Edit: The other poll is still low but also kind of show that there are more players that would be impacted by WR than not since they didn't switch over time for whatever reason.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: Other poll
  • Thanks 1

Also transfers cost gold. A lot of people aren't going to bother with that unless they really know what's on the other side, and i'd imagine there's a lot of used (car) server salespeople trying to recruit as such.

And of course, some players are loyal to guilds or friends and go where they are.

We do see those people that complain about not getting pips when they move and they tend to get made fun of pretty fast, so... xD

• Thanks 1

Just now, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Also transfers cost gold.

I have never seen this while on SBI, which I like. But while on the server I started on, there was a regular request for Guilds to ante up to the pot that could be used to buy guilds to join. This was in the tournament days. Hope its not a thing now, but was in the past. It just lead to more internal guild versus guild politics which did not add to team play and if anything added more internal strife.

I enjoyed during the betas reconnecting with some older server mates and how well we all could move together or apart and hit lots of targets or regroup to hit a bigger group. Though they weren't there during the days I mentioned, I still link it to the server since last we meet was on the fallen version of the server after the bandwagons moved on elsewhere. 

So 1 transfer over a decade to reconnect with Warhammer Alliance mates that moved to GW2. To other Warhammer Guildmates and players in GW2, "WAAAGH!". 🙂 Good hunting!

My guild started on sanctum  of rall, but it climbed the ranks quickly the first few months with each matchup victory seeing more defectors each week, once we made it to t3 the queues got too big for the guild to all play as a guild, so we transferred down to t7 to Borlis Pass the LAST week of free transfers at the start of Nov 2012.

Been there ever since, though the server was gutted and lost a massive swath of players before, during, and after the final tourney(even Monkey Shinezz had to leave for Dragonbrand a few months later).

I've stayed on Tarnished Coast since launch.

Guild Wars 2 end game and pvp content is trash so I'm not about to pay money to go from one trash can to another. 

I'm sure I'll get "then why play it", because I like playing with friends and people I know above anything else when I play video games.

Edited by Leger.3724

My 1st server was JQ but then I joined my guild server SF, then it was nsp, SF, NsP, HoD, CD, SBI, AR, HoD, BP, HoD, TC... HoD!

Cant remember all the servers I tried but HoD got me apparently, I always went back to them! If only they were more aggressive! That's why sometimes I need a change of air! 😕

3 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

My 1st server was JQ but then I joined my guild server SF, then it was nsp, SF, NsP, HoD, CD, SBI, AR, HoD, BP, HoD, TC... HoD!

Cant remember all the servers I tried but HoD got me apparently, I always went back to them! If only they were more aggressive! That's why sometimes I need a change of air! 😕

Manu! That's a whole lot of gems you spent! There is need of a "When you spent 500 gems, you get 100gems back skim" Looks @ Anet.

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:22 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

My two polls make it seem like there isn't a bandwagon problem at all. 🤷‍♂️

All it needs to be is 10-15% of playerbase moving constantly to play with 2 specific servers in region, and they can easily have almost twice the number advantage.

Also do you think bandvagoners can read? 🤭 Maybe if you made the poll in rap song filled with excessive swearing, it might reach them?