No aprils fools event, I am very saddened.

To think I've been waiting all year for this day of all days just to find that anet didn't bother to do anything!

Truly upsetting. I'm so mad. So extremely maddened that I had to come here and vent my frustrations!

Sincerely,

A lanky charr enjoyer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

"April Fools" traditionally starts at 00:01 on 1st April and ends at 12:00 1st April.
It appears that Anet have decided to run the GW2 April Fools event from 16:00 Server Time 1st April for a week?
Not exactly April Fools but still better than nothing at all (except the 2015 April Fool Event - anything is better than that, even no event at all. In 2015 I fumbled through my dailies and then went and did the GW1 April Fool stuff instead).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
16 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

To think I've been waiting all year for this day of all days just to find that anet didn't bother to do anything!

Truly upsetting. I'm so mad. So extremely maddened that I had to come here and vent my frustrations!

Sincerely,

A lanky charr enjoyer.

This is disappointing to read. 

I'd go so far as to say I am going to be disappointed about this for a l o n g time. 

Long. Loong. time. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 30
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I'm looonging to know what you guys are talking about. A hint for those trapped at work would be nice.

A certain change experienced by some charr a couple of years ago has been investigated by the asura.  Nothing bad could possibly result.   

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Drake.4152 said:

Now Anet event starts to recycle old bugs for new content. So lazy! 😉

It's a pretty tall order to come up with something new every year.

But I missed out on this one when it first happened and I've been longing to participate so while it may not reach the heights of previous April Fools it's not a stretch to say I'm pleased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Drake.4152 said:

Now Anet event starts to recycle old bugs for new content. So lazy! 😉

Just to give some context before someone thinks this is serious. ANet has only taken inspiration from this bug rather than taking the bug itself. The old stretched body was just stretched, this one has physics where it wobbles all over the place when you move.

• Thanks 5

All the vertically challenged who have longed to be tall kings, this is your chance! Professor Smoll has just the elixir for you!

Warning: side effects include "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man" syndrome and impaired driving of a roller beetle. Please drink responsibly.

• Haha 4

So first we had invisible boots. Now we have an invisible cape. Are we gonna see a whole line of invisible clothes?

Even better can we get an invisible helmet that makes the head invisible as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

The meta reward is also magnificent!  And useless!  In the *best* way.  Now that I have it I will go feed my very visible cats.

It actually does have some niche use, if you have multiple gear templates where in some of the looks you want the back piece hidden and in some you want it visible. Since the hide toggle isn't saved between templates, you'd always have to flip it when changing to a template with hidden/visible backpiece different from the current one. With the invis skin, you can just apply that to avoid this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1